South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 05:51 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat - October 12

Good morning! I've shaken out the beach towels and opened the umbrellas and coffee is ready. We'd better have it on The Beach as it's darn frosty out on the deck here.

Sara came for a bit yesterday and we worked on cutting back perennials. I still can't kneel down but did manage to work 3 hours by just bending at the waist. Yes, I'm a bit stiff and sore today but it IS exercise, right? We did not get any bulbs planted; she will be back on Wednesday to finish the front perennial bed and then I can get started on bulbs. Why the heck did I order so many! Duh!

Breakfast and coffee are calling me so I'll pop back later to see who has dragged themselves out of bed this Tuesday morning! (I woke at 4:30 today so am envious!)

Old 10-12-2004, 07:10 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks sorry I have been MIA since Thursday but I have not really had time to breath....friday morning was the interview, I think it went well but we will see they are susposed to call me back for a 3rd one. Then it was dance try outs friday night for oldest dd and youngest was coaching gymnastics I was in town with the oldest. Sat morning was dance for me, then came home and it was running around with kids dh came home and we were on the fly to sussex which is 1 and 20 minutes away for a memorial hockey game for our dear friend that was killed in the spring. Did not get home til 12:30 then sunday was Thanksgiving we had a house full then yesterday was visiting with friends picking up kids and dance lessons. My lord I am tired all over again. This morning I am off for another interview for a Health and Wellness Center in an hour so I must fly and get ready. Mind you I was up at 6 and had to drive dh to the bus garage to get a spare as his broke down over the week end. But I am ready to go except to get dressed. I will get back in later as it is raining here so there will be no playground today. Well have a great day chicks sorry to ramble so much about nothing but want to give a good enough excuse to why I was not around.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:17 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

No frost here, but it's a nice, crisp 64*F. I'm finally feeling well enough to get back out in public, so I'm planning on meeting with the knitting group tonight.

I have this horrible learning disability...I just can't seem to follow written directions when it comes to knitting or crochet. I'm now at the point on the socks I'm knitting to where I need to make the heel. Therefore, I'm hoping against hope that someone in the group will be able to help me.

Foodwise, I found some really yummy soups at Costco that have NO pasta, NO potatoes, NO rice, no nothing that is carby!! That will be my lunch today. Nothing like soup on a cool day, huh?

Well, gotta fly. You all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 10-12-2004, 08:25 AM   #4  
Slowly Changing My Life..

S/C/G: 250/239.8/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning!

It is a little cool here in TX, but I sure do envy the cooler east coast temperatures right now. Nothing like a cool, crisp fall morning! I always loved fall...the crisp weather, the smell of someone's fireplace going, the changing of the leaves, etc. Just don't have that much here in Texas, or at least where I am...LOL

I've been away from the board for a few days and have been paying for it! Without going into too much detail, lets just say I have been stumbling and struggling the past few days with many things and have been totally OP. I was supposed to go back to work yesterday, finally - however they can't seem to get it together and change my workstation around and clear me to come back (even though the doctor did all ready), so according to them I can't return until they get things together. Just more days without pay...it's been 5 weeks give or take, since I've been out and I've only been paid for 4 days! This sucks.

My littlest son is home sick today. He was up all night throwing up, poor kid. I hate to see kids get sick.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well today!

~P
Old 10-12-2004, 09:00 AM   #5  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Good morning gals! Well, no weight loss for me this week. I think my few "cheats" threw me off and now I am feelin mentally out of the game as well. So, we are going to do one week of phase one and see how that goes. I think it'll help me re-commit. I don't want to backslide!

Our new dining room furniture comes today -- yippee!

I hope everyone has a fabulous day on the beach!!

Lauren
Old 10-12-2004, 09:04 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

TXMomof3, I hope your little love gets well soon. It's frightening when they're ill.

Mamacita, I thought you were an expert knitter/crocheter (sp?)! I looked up to you! It sounds so cozy to have a knitting group. I can't knit (well, a straight line), but maybe I could start a group...

Tabitha, you are CRAZY busy, girl!! How do you get by without drugs?
Let us know about the job. I hope things are getting better with the family.. thinking about you...

Ruth, you're smart to keep moving. I wish I had room for bulbs. (that's not an invitation for you to save some for me) I keep meaning to try forcing some. Actually, I did try a couple of years, but I forgot to water the darned things...

We ordered our kitchen cabinets on the weekend. They'll be here in two weeks. Yesterday we finished tearing down the ceiling, so we're ready for our electrician. It's incredible how the contents of one small kitchen and breakfast room can cause so much disruption throughout the rest of the house!

Ruth... the sun is out!! Wait... it's gone.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:05 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi Lauren! We posted together... New dining furniture... that's wonderful!!
Old 10-12-2004, 09:13 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And now the sun is gone here, Ellis. I guess we don't live right. I'm going for my walk anyhow.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:23 AM   #9  

Morning, gals! It is a beautifully, crisp day in the Dallas area today. 57 degrees! I'm working from home today as I have a parent/teacher conference in a half hour. I've recovered from my trip and am down 1 1/2 pounds which puts me as a half pound lower than before my trip. I guess I had better change my signature.

TXMomof3 - what area of Texas are you in? Sorry to hear about your little one being sick. Stomach viruses are so miserable. I'm really worried about this winter without being able to get a flu shot.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:47 AM   #10  
Faith in me

Good Morning ladies

Just dropping by before work....it's COLD here again....and I love it! It's gonna be a long day...I work til 7:30 and then come home around 8 and have to watch the kid across the street his dad's out of town and his mom and older brother are going to a concert....Not too much is going on....How's everyone doing this week? Well I'm gonna go get ready....talk to you ladies later
Old 10-12-2004, 09:58 AM   #11  

Hi everybody,

I'm late in here today. DH and I picked apples from our 2 trees yesterday and got 2 bushels. I made half of them into applesauce yesterday and have the other half to do today. I'm leaving it plain, just adding a bit of lemon juice, so it can be used in baking.

Scale shows me up three pounds today! Impossible, so I'm not letting it get to me. Been feeling achey so it must be water retention. If not, I'll 'fess up in my signature tomorrow lol!

Hope everybody has a great, on plan, day today.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:18 AM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Well it is pouring down rain here! I am taking my Mom back home today. I am hoping that it stops raining though. I hate driving in the rain that far. Not to mention I need new wiperblades. As much as Honda charges for their van you would think they could invest in some decent wipers. I've only had it a lil over a year. UGH! I am back on plan even though DD baked a cake yesterday that smelled soooo gooood! I passed it by. This morning was even harder it would be so good with my coffee! I'm not giving in! Take care all and have a wonderful day!
Old 10-12-2004, 10:23 AM   #13  
I graduated!

Hi Everyone!

I know it's been forever since I've been here... and I think it's been forever since I've lost any weight, but the good news is at least I've not really gained anything substantaial (I'd have too actually look at my signature file to see where I was when I last posted *sigh*)

I've been bogged down in school and all the unplesantness that seems to go with it

I'm back to seeing my therapist weekly and somtimes I think that's not enough! *ARGH*

School is mostly awful... leading me to seek comfort food. At least comfort food is now soy nut butter instead of a ice cream or four servings of home made mac and cheese.

I failed my first rotation (actaually that's the first time I've failed a test since going back to college). I was failed on subjective grounds, and neither I nor the other student who was my "patient" in the scenario think agree with it but with no viable grievance policy there's really little I can do.

To top it off my clinical teacher wrote me up for crying in class, then proceeded to cry at post-conference at the hospital the same week (about something that she was not even present for!) ... and if that wasn't enough in her "antecdotal notes" about my clinical (hospital) performace she wrote that I take my tests at disabled students services... as if that has ANYTHING to do with my clinical performace. *sigh*

So... I see that most of you are still here (I just have to get up earlier!!!)

Hi TXMOM ... I hope things get better and your little one gets well...

I'm off to get eaten by my elders (as nurses eat their young...)

Lovingly,
Old 10-12-2004, 10:46 AM   #14  
cac

Hi all,

Saturday morning I was drinking coffee and watched a sqirl dig out one of my bulps and steal it! I was wondering why of the 100 I planted only 50 came up- so much for gardening!

I joined a beginners running program in mid September. It has empasized interval training with adding milage gradually. The longest day has been 2.5 miles. I had been wondering if I could run the 3.4 loop in the park. I did it Friday in 44 minutes. My best time before was 54 minutes - that is 10 minutes faster!!! I'll get to my goal of 34 minutes soon enough.

cac
Old 10-12-2004, 11:57 AM   #15  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Good Noonish!

I missed the whole morning due to meetings. Sounds like everyone is checking in. I'm beginning to see the bloat go away and I hope to have a good weigh in next Monday. I'm getting movtivated to exercise just reading about cac's running! Good for you! By the way have you heard about all the squirrels dying in Michigan? They don't know what is going on. Maybe they were all stealing bulbs!

Bami - You missed my post last Friday about driving in a storm!! I was white knuckle all the way.

Little chick - your post makes me tired just reading it. Good luck!

Mama - Glad you are feeling better! My DSIL knits wool socks for cold Michigan winters. That is not an easy task. Don't you have to use 4 knitting needles? I couldn't keep it straight if I tried.

To everyone I missed - have a great day!
Closed Thread