South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 06:50 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF Chat - September 24

Hey! It's FRIDAY!
Old 09-24-2004, 07:47 AM   #2  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicks~~

Yep, it's Friday.

BIL is back from working out of town all week. Now, I'll have to readjust to having another guy in the house. No more traipsing downstairs in my nightshirt to weigh. Back into "Stealth" mode. And before anyone asks...the scale is downstairs b/c the floors upstairs are all carpeted.

Only managed to get 6 pages written these past 2 weeks. Hard to write when you itch so bad you want to claw your skin off the bone. Thankfully Mary will understand...especially when she sees the welts still decorating my arms.

Tonight is Costco night. We'll be armed with a printout of the Phase I foods list so DD and I can shop wisely and get stuff we'll actually eat. I mentioned buying a salmon fillet to DH last night. He's not too keen on it, but said he'll eat it. We're all really getting tired of chicken. I've eaten so much I feel like I'm going to sprout feathers and start clucking.

Well, I need to get moving. My tummy is rumbly and I hear a protein shake calling my name.

Hope everyone has a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 09-24-2004, 07:59 AM   #3  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Good morning Ruth, Marmacita, and chicks to come. I thought I would stop in to say hi and wish you all a good weekend. My MIL is in the hospital (has been for almost 4 mos) and is not doing well at all so we are headed down to Gatlinburg to visit. She's actually ay UT Medical Center but their house is in Gatlinburg area about 45 min away. So we'll be staying there to cut down on expenses. We have to save all the money we can for our soon to come arrival! I am feeling pretty good except that I have entered the acid reflux/heartburn stage of the pregnancy. So all day my acid reflux makes me feel like any second I am going to breathe fire and then at night I wake up with heartburn. Tums really doesn't do anything for me and I'm not supposed to take anything else. Oh well, I can tough it out. Well, I'll talk to you chickies later, have a great OP day!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:18 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry for the very brief post. My phone rang. Only Anna would call me before 7! She needed a phone number so I guess somebody else is getting an early phone call!

My afternoon "off" went well and the lunch and a wee bit of slots was relaxing. I even came out ahead! Afterwards I dropped in on Lorraine and we talked gardening and next year's greenhouse plans. I did fajitas on ww tortillas and then went to my rehearsal, breathing garlic and onion on poor Ted! I'd forgotten we had a few close and personal moments! I'll try to remember next week.

Today I'll go visit Lucy and the pups and try to get caught up on a few things around here. I hate having a draggy week!

Have a super Friday - I'm off to get Harry cranked up for the day.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:19 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Jennie... I hope your MIL gets better soon. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Hey Moma no streakin around the house now! haha Sounds like you and DD are doin really good!

Good Morning Ruth! Try not to kiss the babies tooooo much today!

Doc appt went ok. He wants to try a new med of course but if it does not work then he wants to do an injection into the nerve. Hum.... He also wants an MRI on my back because he said he thinks some of the places I am having knee pain is from my back and could be from the accident or because I have been favoring my knee (due to the accident) and has thrown my back off! Although I can't get an MRI until Oct. 6. First appt. they have! WOW! I have also had a spinal fusion and he informed me they don't last forever! Especially after an impact like I had. Thanks Doc you really brightened my day! haha Oh well I just trust in the Lord and know it will all work out for the best. I just wish it would hurry up! lol
I hope you all have a great day today! Good Morning / afternoon to all to come!
Old 09-24-2004, 08:22 AM   #6  
i luv my dog!

Mornin' ladies,

YEAH for Friday. I'm getting prepped for the next few days - just grilled some asian chicken strips and going to make stir-fry veggies so I can have some ready made meals the next couple of days.

I just bought some DaVinci Irish Cream flavored syrup to have with my daily decaf. It's the second sugar-free flavor I've tried and I really like it. The first flavor I tried was Hazelnut, its OK, but I'm more than pleased with the Irish Cream. That's good because my store only has these two flavors in sugar-free. It's also good because the weather is getting chilly and a hot cuppa always hits the spot (and fills me up - LOL).

I think I'll write up the chicken recipes and post in the Phase one recipes section.

Have a good, and on-plan, weekend everyone.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:54 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning!

Mamacita, you poor love... those bites must be driving you crazy!
Speaking of crazy, I don't know how you do it having so many people in your house. I would need to be heavily medicated to put up with any of my BILs.

Jennie, I'll be saying prayers for your MIL. And I remember the pregnancy indigestion all too well. I used to sleep sitting bolt upright in bed, propped up with about six pillows.

Ruth... slots!?! You GAMBLE!?!?!

Bamie, prayers for you, too, hon! I'm so sorry about your back...

A broad abroud, that'd be great if you'd post those recipes! Thanks!

I'm going to IKEA today with Mom, then I'm going to check out this great bookstore that I found yesterday. It's two huge rooms in a basement filled with new overstock and second hand books. I'm so excited!!

Have a wonderful day, girls!
Old 09-24-2004, 09:00 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh my gosh Ellis you better rent a U-Haul before you go! I know you love books! Try not to buy the store out! hahahaha Have fun!
Old 09-24-2004, 09:00 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning everybody.

Men are so selfish. Terry got up early to "check his e-mail" which means install his new computer game, and hogged the computer all morning. I asked him 15 minutes ago if I could have more than 3 minutes on the computer. He said "let me just die one more time. You'll have more than 3 minutes." I started to ***** at him when it was at the 4 minute mark. He gave me exactly 3 minutes for MY computer time, when he got 45 minutes. So, I can't say much today. Grrrrrr.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:23 AM   #10  

Weezle, all I can suggest is separate computers! That certainly helps our family. But I know that isn't always possible - I spent many years sharing a computer. Last night I even had to drag my 7 year old way from playing minesweeper in order to go to bed. I sometimes think DH would be more likely to have found a job by now if he didn't spend so much time on the computer.

Oh, well, I had a good committee meeting last night but now I have to get the minutes typed up and emailed out to the den leaders. And I need to stage files for an upgrade early tomorrow morning. I guess I better do that first since I'm in class all afternoon. I'll lurk whenever I can.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:37 AM   #11  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Default Happy Hectic Morning!

Sounds like everyone is having the same kind of mornin' must be something in the air....

I got up late and had to get DS ready and out the door in 50 minutes. I don't have any of my foods or a lunch packed for today. Luckily there is a super market right next door to my school so I ran over and purchased some ricotta cheese, mixed in Splenda and cinnamon - so breakfast is over. This will be a real test of what I've learned this week. I already feel guilty that I didn't have some form of veggie with breakfast.

I have more deadlines today than time so everyone have a great day at the beach!!!! I'll try to report in later about what food I came up with to eat today. The goal is to stay OP.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:55 AM   #12  
Almost 20 lbs gone 4ever!

Good morning! I am back from Chicago, and of course SWAMPED!!!! So, I can't stay long but I just wanted to say hello. Stayed OP except for 2 small instances and I didn't gain on the trip, so I am glad.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! After getting in at 11:30 p.m., we are leaving town AGAIN at 5:00 tonight. Be back Monday!!

Lauren
Old 09-24-2004, 10:35 AM   #13  

Good morning, ladies! You are all so busy! I took a practice test last- 168! Yipee! Let's hope I can do that on test day!

Mamacita: You are a writer? Have you written anything that I would have read? My roommate just went to Cosco and got a huge block of Cabot 50% light cheddar cheese, which we both adore. (both SBD) Very inexpensive, good luck with the shopping! Also, if your DH isn't into salmon, maybe he'd like sole fillets. I love sole, sauteed with lemon juice and capers. It is my ultimate favorite. I made it twice this week alone!

Jenny: Sorry that you aren't feeling well, but the baby will be here soon. Do you know boy or girl?

Ruth: Say hi to the puppies for us!

Bamiegurl: feel better!

A broad: I got the caramel sf syrup and it isn't very strong. Any tips?

Ellis: I love IKEA! You can pick up a bookshelf for all of your new books!

Barb and Weezle: Men, you can't live with them, you can't kill them!

Anchor: Good thinking! I got yougurt this a.m. Try to have lots of veggies at lunch and drink your H20!

Well I am off, I need my coffee , and alas work calls. Ladies, have a fabulous day!
Old 09-24-2004, 11:15 AM   #14  

TGIF!!

Lots of new "faces" around here- it is obvious I haven't posted in awhile! We are safely back from our 5th grade camping trip and I am thankful it is over!!!

My eating was the pits while gone, so my butt is back on Phase 1 as of this morning. I don't have much food for Phase 1, but figure I can get through the day and do some good grcoery shopping tomorrow.

I am looking forward to getting caught up on posts and to see what everyone has been up to.

Later gals!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:03 PM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Oh, Mama, what happened to your arms! Sounds like me an mosquito bites...they swell up and are painful and terrifically itchy. My doctor just told me last week that she thinks taking Claritin might help...since nothing else has worked so far. Maybe you can try that? : that they get better!

Jennie, so sorry about the MIL! I hope that your visit cheers her enough to come home. Lots of prayers and : going her way, and yours, too! Sorry about the heartburn! Yuck! I hope you feel better soon!

Ruth, are Lucy's puppies here??? WOW!!! I missed a lot while I was gone! Are there pictures? How many? Boys and girls? So excited for you and her! Is she turning out to be a good mom?

Bamiegurl, did the accident happen recently? Hope the docs can help you feel better...knee pain is no fun! for you!!!

A broad, that chicken sounds delish! I love the syrups, too! I got a decaf latte (with 2% milk...shhhh! ) and SF vanilla syrup at Starbucks the other day...it was SO good!

Ellis, I am so jealous of your book adventure! You enjoy...and tell us all the juicy titles you picked up!

Weezle, I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with Terry. Have you guys started any pre-marriage counseling? It really helps resolve issues like that. I know it helped me refrain from banging my DH over the head with a frying pan during our first year of living together/marriage. Oops, did I say that?

Barb, I hope all your work goes by quickly today!

Anchor, I hate those mornings! I feel your pain...I forgot to leave OP food in the house for when I got back, and I had to make an emergency run to the grocery store yesterday for food! Try to get a salad for lunch from somewhere to up your veggie intake. Or maybe a frozen veggie that you can microwave? I love the Birds Eye Green Beans with Almonds. Yum!

Goldie, you world traveler! Enjoy your new trip!

Kvixen, you sound so happy and upbeat! Good for you! Congrats on the practice test...that is fabulous!!!

Me:

Well, back home...trying to get in the groove. Stayed up way too late last night playing Civilization and then ended up deciding to sleep in this morning rather than going to the gym. I was so tired. I'm trying very hard not to feel guilty about it...this week has been a big stress...very little sleep and lots of crying, so I want to be gentle with myself. I'll be back on the wagon tomorrow with my Pilates video.

I'm amazed at how easy it was for me to make OP foods even at the In-law's...this WOE is really something else.

Appear to have lost a couple pounds during the trip, in spite of eating several slices of FIL's Splenda Cheesecake (he owns a cheesecake and fudge business... ). I think I'm around 249.5. How amazing to break through the 250 barrier...I think. I'm until I see it one more time.

TOM seemed to arrive on the Monday of my third week of pills, so I called my OB/GYN. She's prescribing new pills...we'll see what that does. They did say that they don't think it has anything to do with SBD.

Got my cholesterol report back, and I'm a bit dissapointed after Barb's great progress, but it is better. I went from 242 to 198 overall, and my LDL is down to 133. My HDL, however, went from 78 to 50. I'm not sure why that is!!! Still, I'm going to keep trying to reduce my fat intake...I think I'm letting some sat. fat and trans fat slip in unnoticed, and I want to cut that off.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Closed Thread