South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 06:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat - July 24 and 25

Good morning, chickies. I've been up for an hour and am fffffreezing! We had a huge change in the weather so I have a warm sweater on over my light robe!

Sister Joan and I had a good time at the Fair yesterday and a very interesting chat about South Beach. She didn't realize I knew about it. She may be joining us on the boards. My sister has been one of my greatest supporters and stood up for me when Dad and brother Dave teased about my weight.

Cool weather for today is great as it's Horse Show day with some Western games. It sure is better for everyone when the weather is cooler. It's also Parade Day which Hershey and I will watch from our traditional spot "down street". Hmmm - maybe not, due to her delicate condition. This will probably be the biggest day for the Fair with a double C&W Grandstand show - not Dolly or Reba! Anybody ever heard of Beverly Mahoud and Gil Grand? We are a pretty low budget fair and cannot afford american prices anymore. We did have Kitty Wells a few years ago - even I had heard of her.

Bad news on the garden front! Sarah got stung by a swarm of bees when cutting someone's lawn, was in hospital for 36 hours and is not to be working outside! Oh well, it was great while it lasted! I am going to try to get her a job working indoors at the Denaut Mansion but she really needs a real job not bits and pieces.

Hershey is patiently awaiting potty and breakfast so I'm outta her. Lucy and Purple Reign are in love (or in lust) and will spend today together. She will probably fly home Monday. Purple's owner says she has been a very good guest and would like to keep her.

So? What's happening with you today?
Old 07-24-2004, 08:44 AM   #2  

It's already 82 here and supposed to reach 94 but tomorrow is when we get the cold front. They expect the high to only reach 83. That would be nice if we weren't going to get thunderstorms with it.

I remembered to turn Brian's alarm off this morning and just finished an hour on the treadmill while he is still asleep. I'm trying to decide whether to go work in the garden or shower. I should do the garden. I've really slacked off on it and the weeds are growing better than the vegetables.

I have to decide later if we are going to an outdoor soccer game. It is downtown in Fair Park which is not a great part of town. DH won't be coming and I'm not sure if I want to take Brian there at night. He does love his cubscout activities though. It's also pretty expensive.

I promised Brian I would take him to the pool this afternoon if the weather is good. At least I can get some laps in during adult swim. It will be harder to get my exercise in next week since he will be in swim lessons and I need to feed him dinner shortly after I get home so no time for the treadmill (except for Monday since I'm working from home).

Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!
Old 07-24-2004, 09:31 AM   #3  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Morning.

Ya know, all week long I'm up between 7&7:30 because I have to prepare for work, while DF is sound asleep. Today (my day off) when I can sleep in? DF was up at 7:15 and on the computer, so I've been up for awhile now. What is up with that?

Going to splurge and get my hair trimmed today. My stylist won't actually CUT it until after I get married, so it's getting really long and annoying. I need the ends trimmed because I went back to my natural color, and the ends are just FRIED. I can't brush through my hair no matter how many times I go over the same spot. Ughhh.

Otherwise, was going to go see Spiderman2 today except now DF has no income, so..... I guess I'm going to go through my clothes and see what I can give to the consignment shop and see how much $ I can get for them. DF has been going through his comics and pricing them to see how much he can get, too.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 07-24-2004, 01:06 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Sorry I've been gone for so long! We've gotten really busy at work, we haved a family THING going on , and, besides, I was having a tough time adjusting to Phase II and I must admit that I like talking more about weight loss when I'm being successful at it!

I'm settling in to the weight loss thing pretty well. I've been on Phase II for 2 weeks, and lost another 5 lbs over my Phase I, for a total of 13 lbs. Of course, I still have 105 lbs to goal, which is why I'm losing pretty well, but I'm also getting into some good habits -
like yesterday at work, we had a going away party for one of the project managers who is transferring to our German office. It was an hour later than my normal lunch. Grilled hot dogs and brats, with crudities, cole slaw, Potato salad and chips. Soda and beer. Cake, ice cream, and cookies.

I had three grilled hot dogs with water, two handfuls of celery and two carrots, and some cole slaw. Went back for seconds on the cole slaw and celery, and had a chocolate cookie.
Far from perfect, but not horrible either. So I compensated - for dinner I had a cup of strawberries, 1 wedge of reduced fat laughing cow cheese, and lettuce vinagrette. I think that this is more how normal people eat - when they aren't on plan at one meal, they cut back for the next few days to get their food back in balance. Hmmm. My first thought, of course, was fettucine and ice cream for dinner, because I'd already blown a meal.

My husband and daughter are down south for memorial services, he had two aunts, one on each side of the family die last weekends - that's what you get when all your aunts and uncles live into their 80s and 90s - they do finally die. I couldn't go because I just started this new job. They are seeing lots of cousins from all over the southland - one of the South Carolina cousins is the grandchild of one of the aunts, and one week older than Krista. We married late, and we're about a generation off.

The good thing about them being away is that I'm walking Miss Puppy regularly, I can't say you - walk the dog - fortunately, it's decided to be 75 here in Michigan - almost August, go figure!

I went into the storage closet and got out some clothes that I didn't get out because they didn't fit - and I threw away one really large pair of pants - I'm committing to this!

Talk to you all later

Sue
278/265/160
SW/CW/GW

Last edited by KristasMom; 07-24-2004 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:34 PM   #5  
I graduated!

Hi Everyone!

I've been trying to keep busy and haven't really even been on the computer for the last week! (amazing!)

I've been up at the ranch with the horse and helping out the lady I'm leasing from with the summer camp and other summer programs that she runs (in exchange for extra free riding time). It keep be busy and therefore not feeling hungry out of boredom.

My landlandy/neighbor/friend had electricians out to work on putting in modern fuse boxes... and get things on the right sizes becuase she had 30 and 40 amp fuses screwed into recepticals rated 20 amp! The wiring is called, I think, knob and post? It's cloth covered wire and ceramic knobs and nothing is grounded. So she had new grounded outlets put in in a few places but not where I wanted one for the computer... she wanted (at the last minute) to add a new grounded outlet into each of the bedrooms which would have meant total chaos for me (no room, we'd have to take furnature out of the house!) but would still not have one put in for the computer which does not require moving a damn thing! (can you say passive aggressive?)

Anyway... I'm off to get my head shrunk today. I think I'm going to cancel appointments until school starts up in September.... amazing how much happier and well adjusted I am AWAY from school *sigh*

I've tried subscribing to the forum... maybe it will send me mail that will help me keep caught up?

Lovingly,
Old 07-24-2004, 06:51 PM   #6  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I just lost my whole post. I don't have time to redo it so I am just going to say a big hello to everyone and hope you all have a great night.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:36 PM   #7  

LC I hate when that happens! Hope you are having a good weekend. You had asked the other day if I was looking forward to school starting. To a degree I am- the fresh start every year is so refreshing. We had a very tough year last year. I miss DD so much when I am working full time, so that makes it hard. But I always try to look on the bright side of that- I have a wonderful daughter and am blessed to have a good job.

Ruth Glad to hear that the fair was fun! We don't have much small town "feel" here in the Dallas metroplex!

Sue Glad you are "back"! You CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

Barb Hope you and Brian had fun swimming! I plan to take DD tomorrow if the weather holds out for us.

Good, solid OP day here. Made the Creamy Chicken Paprikash from the SBD cookbook. Isn't wasn't bad, but not one I will necessarily make again.

I have GOT to get myself back into an exercise routine as I have really slacked off the last few weeks. Plan, plan, plan!!
Old 07-24-2004, 08:51 PM   #8  

Kiko - Brian and I had a blast swimming. We stayed for 3 hours so I was able to get in quite a bit of laps during adult swim. Brian and I worked on everything they have covered in his Level 2 swim lessons. He is swimming so well now. I'm a little red but not painful so I think it will all fade. I am so glad the rain held off so we could go. I'll keep my fingers crossed for some clear weather for you and your DD tomorrow.

I decided not to go to Fair Park for the Dallas Burn game tonight so we're sitting around watching DVDs of Pokemon movies.

We just got done eating the Big Easy Shrimp from the cookbook. Not bad but it was too spicy for me and I didn't care for having the Canadian Bacon in it. I'll go back to making the Shrimp Creole recipe I have in my Louisiana Light cookbook. If anyone is interested, I can post it. It was already Phase 1 compatible (phase 2 if you eat it with rice).
Old 07-24-2004, 11:28 PM   #9  

Good evening ladies. Just checking in quickly while doing some work online for my new small business.

Had chinese tonight. Both friends I was with are on SBD (I did not know that) and they wanted a night off. I'll admit I caved with them. No excuses. No regrets. We had a wonderful night talking and visiting.

I think I am going to start cooking more recipes from the cookbook, Barb you are inspiring me. Have to go grocery shopping tomorrow. Will pick a recipe before going to bed tonight.

Never made it to the petting farm this am. Went to a concert in the park on Friday night, the kids were up late and slept in. We are going to go in the morning.

Hope you all enjoy your weekend!!
Old 07-25-2004, 06:57 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickes just checking in before I shovel the shack. Man it is in desperate need. Kiko I know what you mean about missing your dd. My house is much to quiet right now. My two have been gone for a week and a half. (sniff) I can't wait to hug them. Well I really have to get something done. I will check in a little later.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:11 AM   #11  

Morning!

Smilin I think that is what makes a weight loss program work- you are going to "cave in" on occasions and get right back on the next meal or day. One of the things that I like about SBD is that when I do "cheat" I have no problem getting right back on. Glad you had fun with your friends!

Barb Too fun! It is really cool up here in McKinney this morning, it is lovely!! I have been wondering about that Big Easy Shrimp recipe- I love spicy food so may try it! (Next week since this week is planned and shopped for!)

LC When do your girlies come home??

DD slept until 8:30 this morning- it had started to rain, so I curled right up under the covers after DH left for work. Ahhh.... it felt lovely! Although I am officially not pregnant this month, TOM kind of kicked my butt. I have been super tired this week. I think lack of exercise could be contributing to that actually.

Have a great OP Sunday!!
Old 07-25-2004, 10:18 AM   #12  

Barb I noticed your "decade" change in your weight signature! The 170's!!!!!! You go girl!!!!!!!

Old 07-25-2004, 10:36 AM   #13  

Good Morning, Well I seem to have lost 8 lbs on Phase I. I have to stay on it still only because it was my dad's birthday Friday and I went off for a couple days, not the best way to start a WOE. It has been super busy the past couple weeks, with girl scout day camp and vacation bible school, I haven't been online much other than to keep the mail managable.

Jen
Old 07-25-2004, 10:41 AM   #14  

Thanks, Karen! TOM starts tomorrow and I think my loss has slowed some because of that. It is nice and cool outside today. I ought to see if Brian wants to walk to the park this morning. I don't think the rain has reached us in Richardson yet but I should probably peak at the radar before we go. If I can pull him away from Cyberchase....

I'm getting ready to go stare at cookbooks and get the meals planned for the week.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:40 AM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, ladies!

My troupe (does a husband and daughter constitute a troupe?) called last night from Arkansas - they are on their way home. Should be here tonight before I go to bed. Yeah!
I'm really not strong enough to walk this dog - last night, we are walking across the back yard, and suddenly a bunny dashes across in front of our nose - arm goes from loosely across my body to stretched out in the opposite direction, with 40 lbs of brown dog straining after the bunny. Then the bunny cuts back and runs right in front of me, with the dog following. I looked like a demented traffic cop!
One of my neighbors, who was walking her well-behaved bisson frisee was laughing - thanks, Gwen. I'm realizing that I've gotten more fragile, along with being out of shape - this has to stop. I think that's why swimming yesterday felt so good - my muscles are happy doing that, and I'm gradually increasing my speed and the number of laps that I do - up to about 1/3 of a mile. My eventual goal is .5 mile in 15 mins - I'm at .33 mile in 22 mins - a way to go, but better than .25 in 25 mins, which is where I started.
I think that like others on this board, I should start shoveling - actually, the house looks better than it did when they left, as I have been picking at things after work, but that's no great shakes.

Note - I'm down another pound!! Yeeeee-Hah I don't even feel deprived!

Sue
278/264/160
SW/CW/GW
Closed Thread