New here!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi all!! I'm new here, wanted to introduce myself. I'm Amber, 27yr old mom of 2 boys, 7yr old Billy & 4mo old Payton. Wife of Billy. I'm a Nurse and am ready to get this long carried weight off! I guess you could say I started the SBD today. I am currently 176lbs and am hoping to lose 46lbs to be down to 130 at the highest. That's my goal! I look forward to getting to know you all and sharing our ups & downs!
  • Welcome to The Beach, Amber. I will move your post into the Fat Chicks On The Beach Forum where you will find lots of support and suggestions.
  • Welcome, Amber! Thanks for joining us on the beach!
  • Welcome to the Beach, Amber!
  • Welcome, Amber! Glad to see you on the beach!

There are two other nurses and one phlebotomist on this board right now (RNMOM and ADDFlower, Mamacita)...I think we're going to be the healthiest forum on these boards!
  • Hi Amber! I am also a new chick to the beach, I started last Monday. I think that you will enjoy SBD and I wish you lots of luck!
  • Welcome Stacey and Amber!!

Michelle
  • Hi Amber... I'm not an RN yet... I graduate in December.

This is a great place full of friendly people... welcome!

• Hi Amber and Stacy,

looking forward to getting to know you both!
  • new to the message boards and sbd
    I have been doing sbd for about 4 weeks. I lost five pounds in the first two and a half weeks but i am stuck at five pounds now. Any suggestions?undefined
  • Just stick with it, it'll come off.
  • I hope so. It would be really encouraging if I could even just lose one more pound. I would feel like I was on the right track.
  • Welcome to SBD.
  • Most people stall in weeks 3-4 but if you take your measurements you will find that your size is probably getting smaller. Make sure you are eating plenty of vegies, drinking lots of water and getting some exercise. Stalls are common, you just need to work through them.
  • Hi there all and welcome to the beach. As to the stalling after around a month, it does seem to happen for a lot of people. Best to focus on how much looser your clothes feel. xx