South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2004, 12:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Cool introducing myself

hi there, i'm holly. i'm not new to this site, and i also frequent diaryland.com, so i definitely recognize a lot of you!

i've had some weightloss success counting calories (lost 64 pounds so far) but i've been stuck in the same 1-3 pounds for the last SIX MONTHS. something has to change!

an online pal just gave me the rules for phase 1 of SBD, and i'm ready to give it a shot. well, i'll be ready after a grocery trip tomorrow! my boyfriend has said he'll be supportive and eat what i'm eating... as long as he can have his carbs on the side. so i'll have to deal with that.

my first question -- almost all the suggested menus for phase 1 use tomato juice or v8 for the breakfast required 1/2 cup of veggies. i LOATHE tomatoes and all varieties of tomato juice. (i'm guessing the v8 splash drinks don't count! ) i see that there are some breakfast recipes that include veggies, but how about some suggestions as to other "quick fixes" in the morning that aren't completely odd -- like, i dunno, pickles with breakfast? that would be gross. i guess i could put some broccoli in an omelet? hmmmm. but yeah, suggestions would be great.

anyways, i'll check back in here when i can - i overcommit myself online sometimes and i can't check the boards at work... which means i neglect the 4 (now 5) forums i subscribe to! eek!

Last edited by gonzostar; 05-15-2004 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:27 AM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hey Holly! Welcome friend.

I didn't like v-8 but I got the veggie juice and put a splash of worstershire and hot sauce and it isn't half bad. I also load my egg with veggies -- spinach, mushrooms, peppers, and some cheese. I think it's ok to overload on the GOOD veggies...

I would try the v-8. It may be the ONLY thing you DON'T like on this diet...
Old 05-15-2004, 03:12 AM   #3  
Chickpea

You don't have to drink the V-8 or similar facsimiles. Why not prepare some spaghetti squash in advance (with parmesan or whatever), or some spinach squares/casserole, or tuna salad? I absolutely need variety. But sometimes I am content with a hard boiled egg, some beans, some tomato slices.... Mix it up. That way it is easier to stick with this program for life. Congrats on all that weight loss! I am a slow loser, but I am not discouraged. There is no way this program can be bad for you.
Old 05-15-2004, 05:13 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Holly! I'm glad you found us. Be sure to check out the FAQ section and Recipes for ideas.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:04 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey Holly! Welcome to the Beach!
Old 05-15-2004, 12:08 PM   #6  

Heya Holly! Nice to see another diaryland connection here at the Beach!

I hear you about being stuck. I was stuck with WW for a year, even working out with a Trainer at a health club didn't move the weight (although it did make me drop a size of pants!). I lost 10 lbs. the first two weeks on the Beach and am now trying to work my way into the next Phase of it.

I can't stand tomato juice unless it's in a Bloody Mary. But according to the rules, that's not okay right now. I force myself to have a glass of V8 with my breakfast as a way to get in the vegetables (you should see my face while I'm drinking it).

A good way to fill up with breakfast is by having eggs. I'll scramble and egg and an egg equivalent of fake eggs and top it with low-fat cheese and mushrooms that I sauteed in a bit of olive oil. Just had it this morning. And it fills me up for hours!

Sometimes, oh dear, I hate to confess this. I'll have some turkey kielbasa (that I boiled) with some sauerkraut for breakfast. It's quick and very filling.

If I don't have vegetables with breakfast, I don't sweat it. I just get them in at lunch with a huge salad.

Hang with us when you can and let us know how you're doing.
Closed Thread