South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 03:57 PM   #1  

Default Major set-back being overcome!

I was extrememly successful with my dieting. I got to my goal size (not weight, because I know my body is much different than it was 15 years ago), and made an extreme move - I tossed out all my 'fat' clothes and vowed never to go back.

Well, then I was moved to a different work location, inter-office relationships were extremely strained, I stressed out beyond beliefe, had a quasi nervous breakdown, and 20 pounds later, I'm back on my feet and they are on the road to recovery and a new and improved thinner me.

I am taking some medication that is making it harder to lose the weight, but I'm trying to positive about it, and not let it get me down.

I'm also trying really hard to find another job, one that gets me out of this unhealthy environment. the sooner I am out of here, the sooner I can start feeling better about myself, the better I start taking care of myself.

I really think low-carb dieting makes me feel better, too. I know I feel drained after eating chips and high-sugar foods - if you can call them that - so that helps out tremendously.

I don't want to hit bottom again, and don't want to bore anyone with my story, but I think getting it out, venting, if you will, helps me actually read about my struggle, making it more real and less personnal, since everyone else can somehow relate, although I really hope not. As horrible as my life has been lately, it could have been much worse, and I'm thankful my health didn't deteriorate to the point where I can't recover.

I'm feeling good today and want to spread some of that to those who aren't so up.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:41 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for sharing. Eating too many carbs drags me down too. Are you following South Beach or another plan? I ask because South Beach is really not a low carb plan after the first Phase. It puts the emphasis on good carbs and good fats.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:08 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
Thanks for sharing. Eating too many carbs drags me down too. Are you following South Beach or another plan? I ask because South Beach is really not a low carb plan after the first Phase. It puts the emphasis on good carbs and good fats.
I guess "low Carb" is an habitual saying. I knew Atkins worked really well for me last time and as a last ditch effort, went back on to loose the weight fast. I am switching back over to SBD, because I know it is so much more healthy than Atkins (my opinion). I chose Atkins at first because it was easy, coming out of the depression, I could have those fat laced comfort foods I love and still lose weight and not feel guilty...reality has to set in some time. It's not very lady-like walking around with a chub of salami hanging out of your mouth, now is it?

I figure, when hubby goes to Korea, it will be easier for me to settle into SB than starting while he's here. Even though he knows I'm dieting (again) he's forever asking, do you want subway? Pizza? ANYTHING ELSE FULL OF CARBS????

Just when I decided to get my gutt back in gear and start my power walking, these enormous cells of RAIN come along. I really, really want to be healthy again.
Old 02-25-2004, 11:37 PM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Welcome birdie poo! Oh my it sounds like you've got a hard row to hoe there girl. I'll keep you in my prayers first and foremost. Second Subway does have the Atkins wraps now that we can eat. Just make good choices to put on it. Also if he wants to go eat pizza try goin to a place that has a salad bar. If you can't resist the pizza get very thin crust with veggie toppings. Just some ideas. I know it can be hard eating with peeps not on SBD. my dh tries to tell me all the time what I can and cannot eat and he really does not have a clue! We are here for you and you can vent any time you need to. Just remember to Stay in It!
Old 02-26-2004, 06:36 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Birdie... it's good to have you here. Hugs for you...
Old 02-26-2004, 06:13 PM   #6  

Birdie, I know where you're coming from. I am a SB follower, who has lagged way behind these past several months --- thus gaining 19 pounds! I got back with the program just yesterday (thank you Lent). I have true hopes that I'll be back at my goal weight before I know it. My immediate goal is to overcome my carb cravings of chocolate!!! (I have a boss who thinks he is being wonderful by keeping the candy dish full in the office.)
Old 02-26-2004, 07:50 PM   #7  

Hi Birdie,
I'm from San Diego too.

I haven't even started thinking about exercising. Hasn't the rain been AWEFUL !!! I know everyone from colder weather is going to read this and probably roll their eyes.

Welcome aboard.

Michelle
Closed Thread