South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 08:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend at Last! Feb. 7 & 8

Good morning, Beach Beauties!

I am back in the swing of things and woke at 5:30 this morning. I sat and loved up the Girls and sipped coffee and then suddenly realized I have a Church breakfast meeting at 9 and needed to make a large fruit salad! I had to use some canned fruit but I think the peach schnapps I poured in should improve things! It's ready to go along with the minutes of last year's meeting. Yes, Hershey IS coming to the meeting too. She attends Church more often than some of the voting members.

OMG! Just remembered I need to make a cake for tonight's cast party! Duh! Why don't I just keep my big mouth shut?

Catch you later.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:20 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth! It's the real you! You're back!! I've missed you.
Enjoy your party tonight!

I slept in until 9:00 today. DH is going to have to take little DS to the doctor today. He had an ear ache again last night.
And it's snowing. Gee, what a surprise. I'd say we Canadians spend about 85% of our waking hours complaining about the weather. Who decided to "settle" this God-forsaken country!?!?

It's interesting. There are definitely two distinct groups here. Possibly three, but it's very early...
There's the group of us that started South Beach during the summer. Most of us did really well initially, and then we all fell off the wagon. And still haven't gotten back on.
And then there are the newbies. Most of you are all still doing really well, although I'm starting to see a few people faltering.
I'm waiting for the weather to change to see what happens in the next episode.
I was thinking that my fingers are not connected to my brain this morning, but they are! I NEED SOME MEDS!!!
Old 02-07-2004, 10:37 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Hey Ruth Goodmornin! And just to let you know it is SNOWING here! It's only flurries but hey it's coming from the sky and it's white! I'm sure there will not be much but hey my kids can dream.

Ellis I am so sorry to hear ds still has an earache. I have had one off and on since Dec. Major sinus infection. Still there due to antibiotics did not work and I don't want to go back for him to give me another 10 days of them. Not as bad cause my ear does not hurt as bad or often. I will pray for him cause I can take about any pain except ear and tooth aches. oh the thing about the wave of peeps on here. you are so right. I just pray I am faithful til the weight is gone. So far I have been. Probably the most faithful I have ever been to a plan and the most comitted. I just pray for God to help me daily to stay on course and lose the weight and so far He has. TYG

Well to the rest of you beach babes sleepin in G-Mornin when u get up!

Busy day for me as dh is back now that our renter is moving in today!
Tryin to make up for the past 5 months he's been working on the house!
Old 02-07-2004, 11:10 AM   #4  

Thank you for your prayers for my DS, Bamie. It breaks my heart when he wakes up crying in the night with the pain.
He's fine this morning, but DH is definitely going to take him to see a doctor today.
I hope your infection goes soon... sometimes they can be so persistent.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:41 AM   #5  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Sorry your sweet boy is feeling bad Ellis. Good thing DH is taking him to the doctor. Lots of healing vibes coming his way (and yours) from Michigan. How are you holding up with the med withdrawal? I'm not sure I could even HANDLE that right now.

Ruth-YIKES! It never stops, does it? Hope you have a restful day tomorrow if not today!!!

Bamie-I belong to the first group. Trying to get back on track!! Tis is such a great program, I know it is what I need; it is hard to get back on though, so you are right to resist falling away in the first place!!!

I woke up to a house at 57 degrees F this morning!!! YIKES!! A bird nest was clogging the exhaust so the whole system shut down. We had to get someone out to clear it out (climbing around on our icey roof) but luckily it was fixed quickly and inexpensively!!! Trying to get the house back up to 68 degrees now!!!
Old 02-07-2004, 12:06 PM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

68 degrees Oh my gosh you sound like my dh! That is toooo coooold for me I change it all the time. Dh gets sooo maaad at me I may have it on 70 or I may have it on 75. I told him fill up my propane tanks for my gas logs and i'll leave the thermostat alone! He did mention lastnight maybe tryin to fill them up next week so there must be a heat wave coming! Ok lots to do today gotta get goin! Dh wants to look at property by the lake for a get away. Yeah right! We have never gotten away together! I'm sure we would go and invite half of Alabama to go with us! Besides like he is gonna come up off that hip pocket to pay for it! He can squeeze the poop out of a buffalo nickle! I'm gone now. Catch you chickies later. And hey Stay In it!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2004, 05:15 PM   #7  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey chickies I was not in bed but battling the roads to get to dance class. I of course jinxed myself by saying that I wanted the day off. Oh well I enjoyed it once I got there. Then I came home took youngest dd to a birthday party went and picked up a few things at the co-op and then came home and made curtins and pillows. Now I am off to get ready to go to a friends 40th birthday party check in later chickies. Love to ya all.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:34 PM   #8  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Default racoon infested

This is my third try at posting today. My computer keeps pissing me off. I'd throw it out the window, but then I'd have to use my desktop! Man, I am lazy! Ellis, sorry to hear about your little one. Ear infections are one of those things that doctors always want to prescribe antiboitics for and I remember reading something in Prevention that said that that was actually bad, but I don't really remember what else they said. If I recall correctly they said it was better to let it run its course. It's kind of like that saying that says when you have a cold if you take no meds it wil take a week to get rid of, but if you take meds it will only last 7 days!
The racoons in my damn basement cieling have eaten 4 boxes of decom and won't die! Ooooh I WANT one of those little to come after me so I can hit it with my baseball bat. I yell at them every day. I tell them I hate them and they should go.....They never listen. The neighbors probably think I am crazy! Then again, maybe they are right! Talk to you all later!
Old 02-08-2004, 05:24 AM   #9  

Hi all. Ellis, I had earaches a lot when I was a child and it was awful. Poor boy. As an adult I have learned about how I am intolerant of lactose and it has been suggested to me that dairy may have made it worse when I was a kid. Maybe worth trying a dairy free diet for your son? Just an idea.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:46 AM   #10  

Good morning! Coffee is on, everyone is sleeping, the sun is shining, and I am ALONE!! Life doesn't get much better than this.
Thanks for your good thoughts re: my little one, Den, Jennie and Clovey. He's on penicillin now. He rarely gets really sick... this is only the 2nd time he's ever had an ear infection, so I don't have a problem with getting meds for him. I know what you mean about "letting things run their course" though, Jennie. Our doctor is VERY good about NOT giving us meds unless we absolutely need them.
Clovey, one of my DH's brothers had a LOT of ear trouble as a child. This was pre-tubes. He became deaf as a result.
Jennie, you have RACCOONS!?!? I should stop complaining about the mouse in my kitchen.
Den, has your house warmed up? I came down this morning and some DWEEB had turned the furnace right OFF for the night! The needle on the thermostat was right off the map.
Little Chick... pillows and curtains!!?? You are a whirl-wind, girl!
Damn! I hear footsteps...
Old 02-08-2004, 09:51 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You live with a dweeb too? I turned our thermostat down last night too, forgetting to check to see if DH had altrready done so. I really didn't want to get up early but I was freezing in bed! I hope your DS recovers fast. I hate earaches!

OK - today is the return of Ruthless who is going to get me back into ONEderland! I didn't change my stats - too depressing - but am 202 this morning. So SBD Phase I, here I come. I've just had coffee so far but am going to make a protein shake shortly. Later I may put on the WATP tape and see if I can still do it. The Girls go nuts when I do it because they think I want to play when I walk in place! I have to get more exercise, although lugging firewood and shovelling snow must count for something.

I did go to the cast party last night. The driving was strange - bare dry roads and then a drift as you rounded a corner. It was a tad tricky but worth the hassle as we had a lovely party. It's sad to face the reality that I may never see these women as they go on with the rest of their diverse lives but there are a few who will turn into real friends. Heddy the Director is only 35 minutes away (Merrickville) and is very interested in meeting my Girls so....who knows.

OK - back to normal life today. Gail comes tomorrow morning and I have a nurse coming in the afternoon to re-evaluate Harry and a Communities in Bloom Meeting tomorrow night so "normal" has returned. Today I am going to figure out a crockpot tajine of some sort with lamb and maybe turnip if it's on Phase I.

Have a lovely sunny Sunday!
Old 02-08-2004, 08:16 PM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Well not much to post! I'm sooooo tired today. Not sleepin well and I pay for it all day! For some reason since I have decided to exercise my knee wants to cause me great pain! Go figure. Well, not to fear even without exercise this weight is still coming off. So the knee can take a hike. (I wish) Wow is lake property high! A house that is not even as big as the one we live in on a one acre lot was listed for 650,000 dollars! Oh my gosh! No way! Dh oh just think about when we retire how nice it will be! Yea well who can retire livin in a 650 thousand dollar house. Not that he would ever spend that kind of money on a house. Then there was a lot with a small winnebago on it and he said that's us. I said oh no that's a little to close to camping for me. haha O.k. gotta get the chittlens ready for another week of school. Dh didn't get enough football last week he has to watch the pro bowl this week. Although I'm sure he won't get the show this week that he did last! Or atleast I hope not! Take care chickies and see you at weigh in. We have been a quiet bunch today.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:33 AM   #13  

hi all,

i have to say i hve been sticking to it! I just want to encourage everyone to stick with it. YOU CAN DO IT! I find that even when I go out to dinner, and everyone else is eating potatoes, french fries, bread.. my body does not crave it. This is the biggest part that i cannot believe.. i have not had pasta, white bread or dessert for almost one month!!!

We can do this!
Closed Thread