South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 02:34 PM   #1  

Default Just back from the Endocrinologist...

Hi - I am new to this board and wanted to introduce myself.

I am 8 weeks post-partum (1st baby - a sweet little boy). I put on a huge amount of weight during pregnancy & also developed gestational diabetes. There was some suspician that I might have been insulin resistant for many years - and this was confirmed today. I have "pre-diabetes," for lack of a better term.

Although I am a lifetime WW member, I have never had to lose such a significant amount before - it was always 15-20 pounds or so. Now I need to lose 70!

I am not returning to WW because it simply does not follow the rules as my Dr. set them forth: no white flour, sugar etc.

The SBD seems perfect for what I can eat at this point. I have read the book quickly (need to look it over again for more details).

Anyone else here insulin-resistant? I would be interested in hearing about your experience with this WOE.

Otherwise - I'll simply leave it at "hello, everyone."

-Daisy
Old 11-06-2003, 02:43 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to the Beach, Daisy. I'm glad you introduced yourself.

Yes, I'm insulin resistant. My doc claims there is no such thing as pre-diabetic so has me officially as Type II. With low carbing I've now got my HA1C tests running in the non-diabetic range. I did take some medication to get it down at first but am slowly reducing the dosage. (Metformin or Glucophage which encourages the cells to absorb the body's insulin).

You will like SBD. The first two weeks are the hardest but there's lots of support here.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:11 PM   #3  

Welcome to the beach Daisy! I am on SB just to lose weight and feel better about myself. I found the first two weeks to be very easy, in fact, I am on my 3rd week of Phase 1 and very hesitant to move to Phase 2. It's a great plan, again, welcome! OH and congrats on the baby boy!
Old 11-06-2003, 03:16 PM   #4  

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the replies, guys!
Old 11-06-2003, 03:57 PM   #5  
Imagine...

Hi Daisy welcome!
Old 11-07-2003, 05:47 AM   #6  
Mous

WELCOME to the Beach and CONGRAT'S on your precious gift from above.

Good Luck

ME
Old 11-07-2003, 06:18 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Daisy!
Enjoy your darling son.
Closed Thread