South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 05:03 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default daily dish --halloween got it late yesterday

Great tips for next year.....whoops!!! I didn't get this until last night....I get the dish late most of the time...don't know why....

Halloween can be challenging for dieters with a sweet tooth, especially if you overestimate how many visitors you'll get. Don't tempt yourself with a bowl of leftover candy. Instead, consider these tricks for skipping the treats:

Offer the kids alternatives. No one wants to be the nerdy neighbor handing out raisins. Instead, pass out popular collectibles (remember Pokemon?), stickers, or party toys. By not having any candy in the house you remove the temptation to splurge.

Purchase candy you don't like. If candy is a must, but you have a hard time avoiding leftovers, get stuff you don't like. It's not for you anyway, remember?

Avoid hunger. Make sure you have your full day of meals and snacks. If you prevent yourself from feeling hungry, it will be easier to resist the candy.

Give everything away to the last trick-or-treater. You'll feel relieved to have unloaded the leftovers, and the lucky trick-or-treater will feel like he hit the jackpot.

Don't feel guilty. Allow yourself a small portion of dark chocolate as a holiday treat, and don't feel bad about it. If you gain weight or start having cravings again, you can always go back to Phase 1.
Old 11-01-2003, 05:25 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

heh heh. Yes, great tips for next year. Thank you, Rowan.

Ummmm, how do you know when it's "the last trick-or-treater"?
I did pretty well. I was handing out 4 mini chocolate bars to each kid at the start. Decided I'd better make it 3, then 2, and by the end of the night I only had about 6 left over, so it worked out quite well. I have no idea why I just told you that...
Old 11-01-2003, 10:08 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

I am allergic to coconut, I bought Almond Joys, it doesn't matter if I eat one I could swell up and die........that controls me
Closed Thread