South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 05:41 AM   #16  
Mous

Happy Sunday,

DH got up early......which means I am up!

AND it wasn't like Frany's wake up call!

Tried the BB blueberry yogurt...VERY GOOD, but we don't have the brownie, we do have the Black Forest.

Apples are coming in season. Especially the Jonnagold's and Jonathan's. Can't wait! I bought some Pacific Rose and Brayburn apples for this week along with all the flavors of BB yogurt and some SF jello and pudding. Eating sun flower seeds instead of pistachios...they were calling my name too often!

DH just came down for a smoochie before he leaves for work.

A funny TRUE story.

As you know we have a conure named Tonyie.
Well, my DH would come home and say "Hi Tonyie, Hi Honey!"

Did this all the time.

Now you all are wondering what's wrong with that?

THINK about it and YOU tell me? K?

Off to do laundry.......the early bird and all that!!

Huggies,

MARCIE
Old 09-28-2003, 09:38 AM   #17  

Height: 5'-2"

Sflake, you're killin' me:
"Do you get your menu's from a web site?
No I just try to adapt what I have on hand to make it op. I'm not that great of a cook, so sometimes when I try a new recipe we end up tossing it and having omelets."

Den, I felt obliged to count my windows. Thirty-three honkin' windows!! OLD windows!! That's just not funny.
Malfunctioning toilets, huh? Lovely. We just weren't meant for this lifestyle, hon. We need servants, handywomen/men, a castle cottage in the country, ... oh, and money. A LOT of money.

Lizzie, you're right on with the draft stoppers, etc. 90 degrees, huh? Ruth, get your driving goggles out. We're headin' down.

Sharon, I hope you're feeling better today. How was your time with your grandaughter?

Marcie, how nice that your niece noticed your weight "loss".
And congratulations on the op meal!

Ms24, you have NOTHING to do!?!? Ummm, Den and I have a few jobs for you, sweetie.

Tippy, how's the leg? I hope you're doing better this morning!

Franny, you've got to get sewing, hon!

Snoozin, you've made me want to walk down to the Market.

Erika, I hope you're having a good school year...

Look at that. I remembered everyone. Except for Ruth. Ruth, how the heck are you? Are you at church? I slept in until 9 this morning. yikes! No, you're not at church, because you don't want to leave Harry. You're just going to have to get him to go with you! He can bring his knitting in case he gets bored.

Speaking of church, I'd better get my family up...
Little DS fell asleep in our bed last night. He looks like such a baby when he's sleeping. I love my children.
OKAY! Time to get them off to church with DH so I can have TIME ALONE!!
Old 09-28-2003, 10:07 AM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nope, not at Church this morning, Ellis. Harry didn't get up until after 8:30 and needs me to test his blood, give him his meds and present him with breakfast! The United Church is having a 175th Anniversary Service at 11 and I was sort of considering going to that but coffee and the weekend papers looks better right now. Hey, I'll not even be 90 when they have their 200th, so I'll go to that one.

Good going, Ellis, in mentioning everyone. I have CRAFT and can never remember it all but do hope our Tippy had a good night's sleep. By the way, Tip doesn't need any help in kicking her DH in the a$$. I've known her a long time and she has a Ph.D. in butt kicking!

Lizzie, be careful! If you keep up with the F-word, Ellis and I may be on your doorstep come January!

Marcie, i love the new avatar! Just noticed it today! Duh! Is it Colorado?

Den, get cracking! I just checked Mappoint and I could be at your place in 7 hours and 17 minutes! Let us know when you're ready for a visit.

Mauvais, where are you? Did you get that gorgeous fabric made up yet?

Sflake, your logo is so appropriate. Here's to a better week coming up!

Bradydave, maybe you can just tighten the belt on the current wardrobe or put a tuck or two in the seams? I agree, it seems a shame to spend a lot of $$ on new stuff when you are so close to your final size.

Snoozin, I love market shopping and always buy too darn much. My garden is my market these days but a bit later in the fall we will be off to Kingston for their market. Cheese, sausages and excellent breads!

Deets, I'm glad you feel better. Being sick sucks, especially on weekends. What is Masa? I thicken my soups and chili by mashing in some of the beans.

"Hope y'all have a great day!" says Ms24Gal. I hope y'all have a great weekend in Mississippi. (Note to self: it's warm there in January too, I bet.)

The morning is half gone so I'd better do something to earn my keep. Hersh and I go to Canine Good Citizen this afternoon. That'll put more steps on the pedometer and gives her "quality time" with her Mum.

Have a great Sunday.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:17 AM   #19  

Height: 5'-2"

I'm not visiting Den until she's had the damned toilets fixed.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:20 AM   #20  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

GOOD MORNING!!!!

I'm still tired and chugging coffee trying to wake up. oog.....

Ellis-YES! we do need servants and money. I know that we would be benevolent, and understand when our single malt was delivered in our 2nd favorite Waterford glass.....NOT!! 33 windows!?!?!?! YIKES! We have 14 (not including the ones in the basement.) But only SOME of them are leaking water and rotting around the edges.... We really do have a lot of work to do around here!! At least now that DH has the full time position we can START some of it!! But we are playing catch up and THAT will slow down the improvements!!!

Marcie-BLACK FOREST YOGURT!?!?! YUM!! That sounds BETTER than Brownie to me!! Sounds like you had a nice "wake up call" this morning! I woke up from a bad dream in which DH and I were arguing. I HATE arguing with him, so it was NOT a nice way to wake up!! Luckily he came in a few minutes later and gave me a BIG kiss, so that made me feel MUCH better!!

Ruth-How was the Snake and Sidney pie? (That was the name my sis and I gave to it as kids!!)

Hope you all have a wonderful day today. If I get off my my rear I'll be at the laundromat most of the day today!!!
Old 09-28-2003, 10:23 AM   #21  

GEEZ! I took so long posting that Ruth and Ellis managed to post in the meantime!! I need more coffee!!!

Ellis-If you REALLY loved me you'd use the kitty litter.....
Old 09-28-2003, 10:28 AM   #22  
Come on Spring!

Clumping?
Old 09-28-2003, 10:34 AM   #23  

NOPE! My cat won't use it, and THEN there is a mess all over the basement....(And Ellis better not resort to THAT let me tell you!!)
Old 09-28-2003, 11:29 AM   #24  
Come on Spring!

Well, she does have SOME couth. British background, you know!
Old 09-28-2003, 02:55 PM   #25  
Member Florida Chick

A rainy day here with the thunder and lightning. Gray and foggy. So you see we don't always have sunshine. "Into each life a little rain must fall."

Did church this a.m. then home to eat leftovers, as it was particularly long this a.m. as we had a sunday school rally after church.

Please don't anyone be offended it I don't always remember to address everyone. I'd have to go back and and read each post as i write to do it correctly without forgetting anyone. Of course some posts just stand out = like slugs, etc.

Hope you are all having sunshine. Lizzie

p.s. Florida is only a few hours away when you fly.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:29 PM   #26  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Lizzie, I am APPALLED that you don't go back and address each and every one of us individually, regardless of how mundane and pedestrian our comments are!

Just kiddin' hon! I'm with whoever (SEE!?) mentioned CRAFT...'cuz that fits me to a "T!"

Between malfunctioning toilets, planting flowers, drafty windows, early wake up calls, sewing projects and SuperWalMart shopping, I'm exhausted! And that's just from READING about it!

I fixed a toilet today...yippee...good for me....can't you tell I'm just thrilled to tears But, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do, right? My DH may be cute and smart, but the man has the mechanical aptitude of a dog. No, I take that back. That would be an insult to our fine canine companions! I, on the other hand, have learned drywall, plumbing, electrical, painting, ect....all because I am too cheap to hire someone! And don't dare show up at my house without at least a weeks notice or you'd be shocked and dismayed by my abysmal lack of housekeeping! But, what the heck, I figure I make up for it in other ways!

My DH asked me how much weight I had lost, and after some quick mental math, I was proud to reply 50 POUNDS! He said people at work keep asking him how much I lost and he always responds with "I don't know, but she feels pretty skinny!" Gotta love him, klutz or not!

I'm happy to say that 25 of those pounds have been on SBD, and 15 of them just since I found my home away from home here with you wonderful folks. I couldn't have done it without you...and that is the truth. The first of October is measurement/picture day...and I'm not dreading it. While the changes probably won't be huge, I think I will be able to see them. Even if I can't it won't matter, because I sure as heck FEEL them!

Okay, I'm off to get started on a sewing project. Long overdue, I know. Check back in tomorrow!
Closed Thread