South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 05:28 PM   #1  

Lightbulb Food Resource List--Input Needed

Hi fellow beach chicks:

I've been thinking about putting together a list of all the allowed food item suggestions that come through the "New Products To Try" sticky above. With your help, maybe we can all enjoy some new and/or really good products based on all our individual discoveries. An organized list would make it eay to find the info. I think I'll probably do a spreadsheet that can be added to easily enough when new products are shared.

Please submit that info to the above mentioned sticky,(not here, so I can find them all together).

Please list product name, who it's made by, where you have found it and how you use it, if it's something unusual. (sorry, no kinky stuff, please!!)

Also, along the same line... I'd like to add any other interesting info, like where you found the best prices on food products and tips on preparing certain items. If you have a recipe though, please submit to the recipe section.

Here is an example of what I mean:

DaVinci SF flavored syrups, Vanilla, Irish Cream, Hazelnut, Raspberry, etc. found at Super Wal Mart and some grocery stores in coffee aisle. 2 sizes available. Also can be purchased online, but much more expensive. Best price I found was at Super Wal Mart ( the larger size was a way better value). I love it in decaf coffee with a splash of FF half & half. Also very good in oatmeal; added to a glass of plain seltzer water with ice; wonderful in smoothie recipes.

We can all benefit from this and I hope you all think so too and give this a try. Please send me any suggestions or thoughts about this.

Old 09-25-2003, 10:21 AM   #2  

Great idea, I'll check it frequently but don't currently have anything to offer. Guess I'm kinda boring! Maybe as I'm enjoyng this WOE longer I'll add things as I come up with them!
Old 09-27-2003, 10:41 PM   #3  

2 great new finds!

Low carb whole wheat tortillas from La Tortilla Factory;
1 tortilla has:
50 calories
2 grams fat
8 gram fiber
0 sugar
3 grams carbs
5 grams protein
And they taste really good. I warmed one up and rolled it up with very lean roast beef from the deli and a slice of lower-fat pepper jack cheese, lettuce and tomato and I really enjoyed!

I found them at the grocery store in the health food department.
www.latortillafactory.com

Natural Ovens Lo-Carb Bread
per slice:
60 calories
2 grams fat
8 grams fiber
2 grams sugar
3 gr. carbs
7 grams protein
I only had 1 slice so far and I toasted it. I thought it was pretty good.

I will add this to the New Products Sticky list also, to find this in the future.

Come on gals, send in your good finds!
Old 09-28-2003, 07:29 AM   #4  
Mous

PROMISE
Fat Free
Nonfat Margarine

~~~~~~~~

1 T
Calories 0
Total Fat 0
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 90