South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 11:46 AM   #1  

Default slow start

Hi - started on the beach 9 days ago and feel good, energetic, tummy flatter, (unfortunately chest also flatter) but have only lost 3 lbs. Any ideas? I started at 154 and am now 151 - would love to be 140 but this isnt coming off so easy...
suggestions?
I get a decent amount of exercise, do the water thing - did eat too many nuts a few days????
help!
Old 08-28-2003, 11:51 AM   #2  

I would guess 2 things:

1) Perhaps a few too many nuts (I have the same temptation . . . )

and

2) Relatively, you are not extremely heavy, so your weight loss will be slower.

If you've increased your exercise from pre-SBD, maybe you've developed some muscle (which weighs more)?

Don't give up! Remember, this is a new "way of eating," not a short term or fad diet. You will eventually lose all 11 lbs.!

Tricia
Old 08-28-2003, 02:28 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nuts will do it. However, it will happen! You are doing everything right, I assume? You may want to post exactly what you are eating to see if the Beach Beauties can spot anything amiss.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:46 PM   #4  
it's always something

Much of the large weight loss experienced in the first 2 weeks is water, not fat. So maybe you didn't have as much water to lose.

So if you have lost 3 pounds of fat in 9 days, that is a wonderful success! The goal for fat loss is just 1 or 2 pounds per week.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:09 PM   #5  

You're starting about where I did (150) ... I don't have a lot to loose (20 lbs) and was eating pretty well pre SBD (with occassional Saturday night slabs of cake the size of a glacier) and exercising most days of the week ... it's taken me almost 2 months to lost 12 pounds ... your "slow start" may just be because you don't have much to loose or your eating habits weren't all that bad before ...

Remember, 3 lbs is still 3 lbs!!!!
Old 08-28-2003, 10:35 PM   #6  

thanks for the advice - my diet was not too bad beforehand. I have never liked fast food or too much junk - Subway or pizza, some tortilla chips , occasionally ice cream is about as bad as I get, but I definitely had food on the brain constantly. I am convinced from carbs - I ate carbs every day - ones I thought were healthy like cheerios. I do feel like I am in control now - not the carbs! thnks for the encouragement. I never thought Id be psyched to eat a bowl of oatmeal but I have 5 more days of phase one to go and then I am all over that oatmeal!
Old 08-29-2003, 06:46 AM   #7  
Mous

Remember to think Healthy.

Our goal is health and weight loss is our gift.

Keep it up.

Lady
Closed Thread