South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 07:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday On the Beach SBD Chat for 3/23

Happy Monday! Now is that an oxymoron or what?

Major drama here this morning as my DGD phone overheated and died overnight and heaven forbid, she has to go without her phone for a day.

I'm fortified with coffee and gearing up for the day. The sun is shining but the weatherperson is warning us to bundle up!

I hope your Monday is a good one!
Old 03-23-2015, 07:33 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Linda, thanks for getting us started! Yes, that is major drama. It sounds like a new phone is in order and I hope she makes it through the day! I hope you have a great day, too!

I got a lot of rest after work yesterday and I've been up for a while. Taking care of niggles and sitting drinking coffee with my husband. I got him on the smoothie duties so he's making a smoothie while I sit outside and have one more cup of coffee. I put my sweet pea seeds in water and i've made him promise to help me get them in the ground when I get home from work, no matter how I say I feel. Fortunately, I got the bed all cleaned out last fall so I don't need to do any prep other then put some new soil over-the-top.

Hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go! Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-23-2015, 07:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh Debbie, wish my beds were cleaned up! We have a lot of work to do before planting our veggies this year. I hope you're not too tired this afternoon!

Linda - BWAH hahahhaha! Our first world problems are horrible, aren't they? I remember my phone dying - it was in the waiting days before surgery. I wasn't too happy myself.

It's only about 18 degrees out there right now, so a great day to have those black beans cookin'. My kids took the leftover Mexican crockpot for lunch (DS took leftover hoppin john Friday, do you believe it?!). At least they eat healthy sometimes!

Just a regular Monday for me . Hope it stays non-exciting.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:53 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Darned frosty her but sunny. Coffee's very needed this cold morning - it's only 8ºF here. The doggage had a very short potty break. The good news is that the melt is slowed down - less flooding.

Don't you hate "drama" first ting in the morning, Linda! It seems to me kids are more into that these days. How was the play?

Debbie, great idea to get DH onto smoothie duties I love Sweet Peas, especially the old fashioned ones. I do have some perennial ones but they don't have that lovely scent.

Had 14 for dinner last night! Our little "family" has grown which is nice. Robyn (17) and her boyfriend had washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen while the rest of us chatted and finished the wine. We've grown from nine to 14 since we first started to get together. Good thing I have a large diningroom table with two extra leaves!

Although it's cold, I may go down to the UC Hall for coffee with the locals this morning. After that we'll see what the day brings. I am working at proof-reading a very long, wordy and boring book on the history of cheesemaking in this area. (Doug is a nice man but loves to hear himself talk and goes on and on in print too. I am trying hard to focus on proof-reading not editing but it's difficult.)

When it warms up a bit later today, I am going to do some leash training with wee Millie and try out my new walking shoes. I'll try for an appointment with the chiropodist later this week to get orthotics. I can't wear Crocs for the rest of my life! Hmm - just checked the calendar and this week is plugged: two meetings, one breakfast, painter coming, pet therapy, change to summer tires, proofing, Book Club snacks to prep, a quilt to deliver, Michelle to clean, breathing, etc. I need to ditch something!

Have a good start to your week by doing something nice for yourself. I am going to pamper my winter-weary skin with some heavy-duty cream this morning.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:46 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Woke up a bit creaky this morning, I think I slept on the left side of my neck wrong, time for some ibubrofen. Today is in office day, the weather is in the 40's still good. Got dinner cooking in the crockpot so that is ready when I get home. Been eating clean since Friday and am down 3 lbs on the scale need to continue. Brought salad for lunch today.

Cottage I can imagine that drama, I have seen in my household lol

Debbie hope you get your Sweet peas planted this afternoon

Twynn hope you have a non-exciting Monday

Ruth sounds like a lovely time last evening. What kind of new shoes did you end up getting?

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 03-23-2015, 09:03 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Linda how dramatic about phone. Glad I don't have to deal with that. I remember how excited my daughter was when she got an extension in her room. She turns 40 in may.

Debbie. Sweet peas are my second best loved flower next to roses.

Tammy. Sounds like your energy is returning.

Ruth. Reading a book on cheesemaking would be boring lol. Hope your orthodics help. Mine are great.

Pearlrose. Nice to come back to home meal ready. Congratulations on 3 lbs.

I survived taking care of a very active 2 year old. Changing his diaper was a challenge. So grateful that I had the energy to do it. The 7 year old was no problem. Other grandmother's turn in may. Off to do some cleaning, cooking, etc....
take care
Sophie
Old 03-23-2015, 11:42 AM   #7  

Default New here but back to the Beach!

Just found and joined this site! Did the Beach a long time ago and had a lot of success! BUT....LIFE happened and now it's time to go back to the Beach! Hubby is joining me this time. So today is actually Day 3 of Phase 1!
Old 03-23-2015, 12:15 PM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks. I've been to the gym and ran to REI looking for a top that they no longer have in the store so I had to order online. I'd been watching for it to go on sale but finally gave up waiting.

I'm still getting used to the monitor but, as several of you suggested, played with the brightness settings. It is a complicated menu! Wish it was as easy as turning a dial. I also moved it; I have two monitors so now the new one is on the side, secondary use, not the primary one smack dab in front of my face. DH keeps saying, "If you think it's too big I can always take it and give you my smaller one..."

This afternoon we'll ride bikes since the weather is supposed to turn tomorrow through the end of the week.

Z4MOM - Welcome!!
Old 03-23-2015, 07:29 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, everyone. Cold and sunny here today, it will be a long time before any seed planting happens! Work was fine and my after school meeting was very short. (Hooray!!)

When I got home my new exercise device had arrived, sothat counts as doing something for myself. It's basically a bar with resistance bands attached. I spent some time figuring it out this afternoon and I definitely felt some muscles working.

Z4MOM, welcome! I could have never stuck with SB if it wasn't for this site.

Have a great evening, all!

Last edited by Beth19; 03-23-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:15 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Z4MOM! I echo Beth....would never have stayed with any food plan without my daily contact here. Jump right in!

A beautiful day here! I got my sweet peas planted! I hope this year is a bumper crop! See y'all tomorrow!
Closed Thread