South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 06:22 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Frostbite Thursday- 1/8 daily chat

Just starting us up. My school is on a hour delay due to the sub-zero wind chill today. That means I can sip my first cup of coffee sitting down!

Anyone else want some?
Old 01-08-2015, 06:26 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

I looked out the window - we have a time and temperature thermometer that we can see. It said 6 degrees! And that is not including the windchill. Brrrrrr is what I say to that. I'll try to check in more later...
Old 01-08-2015, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

With the windchill factor, it feels like - 6* here, and many schools are on a delay. Not the grandkids', much to their dismay.

The Phase 1 headache hit me yesterday, combined by watching the girls enjoy milkshakes after their orthodondist appointments. I didn't really want one, but I wanted something. I held strong, although I was not happy. I do think I'm going to go back to having my oatmeal for breakfast, though. Anything else just doesn't seem to satisfy me.

Bundle up well today!
Old 01-08-2015, 07:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh you reminded me Cottage, I want to make the overnight oats - they are so delicious! But I can never seem to remember to make them the night before!

It's only 4 degrees here, -14 windchill, I'm a bit surprised they didn't have a school delay. Maybe they learned from last year, they had way too many delays and had to go into the summer.

We have some leftover ham, so I think I'd like to make some black beans and rice. Even the kids enjoy that (!!??), and it sounds delicious in this cold weather. And *bonus*, enough for leftovers tomorrow night!
Old 01-08-2015, 07:08 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Stay warm everyone! We seem to be having another relatively warm break here. I'm going to drive over the passes this morning and will see what shows up on the other side. My sister came in on time last night but by the time we stopped for dinner I got home quite late. I'm still wiped out this morning. I'm just going to try to take it easy for a couple of days since I need to come back over Saturday morning

Linda, I'm glad you decided to go back to your morning oatmeal. For me, I just don't cut fruit out of my more restricted phase anymore. My smoothies are so healthy in the morning and it's such a good habit that I think it is more important to cut out the bad things not the good.

I guess I'd better get my stuff ready. Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-08-2015, 07:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Brr! Yesterday DS and his dog made it as far as Rifle, CO. The weather gets warmer and warmer the further he gets from chilly Kansas.

My mom and I are doing our Friday workout today since she is expecting a repairman tomorrow. Then I'll be back at planning and shopping for my trip.

I ordered a new rash shirt online. (If you don't know what those are - they are fitted tops for sun protection designed to be worn in the water.) My SIL told me she bought a bikini top to wear under hers for less bulk. Made so much sense I decided, gasp, to do the same.

Yes - my first bikini top since I was a kid!!

It was not a pretty sight in the fitting room yesterday! My real problem is not my belly fat (which I chose to ignore) and WHITE torso (which I also ignored), but that I am a charter member of the itty bitty titty (can I write that here) committee. I just can't fill out any of the tops! I have one sports store to try today and if that fails, which I expect, I will go with a sports bra under my rash shirt.

This is not how I expected to spend my time this week.

Anyway, now that DS and the dog are gone, I'll start laying out stuff for the trip. Spreading the stress over the coming week. Sigh.

Have a great day. Keep warm.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

LOL, Karen! I sure wouldn't mind being a member of that club! I'm the total opposite, and always have the problem of bottoms fitting, but not the tops. I'd much rather have your problem!
Old 01-08-2015, 07:40 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Drat! Lost a post. Cousin Lisa and puppy coming soon and I slept until 7. We are -11ºF here or -23ºC plus wind chill so no weather whining from you guys, OK?

See yez later, eh?
Old 01-08-2015, 07:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Karen - I'm a member of that club too!!
Old 01-08-2015, 07:47 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Um, Ruth, I'm going to whine. When I got up to pee in the night we had -20. Our wind chill is approaching -40. Guess we have the same air mass today.

And I am also a club member.lol

Last edited by Beth19; 01-08-2015 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Me too Karen and Tammy!!!! Linda I am also a member of the bottom club too!!! The last bikini I wore was in HSand believe me they were much less revealing then what is out there today. I am a big fan of the tankini. Makes it easier. As a kid I remember thinking I would never wear a skirted bathing suit. Oh how times have changed

Mornings like thes make me wonder why I haven't sold my house. My downstairs is only 62 with the thermostat set at 70. Upstairs is comfy. The wind caused such drafts it blew out my pilot light for the fireplace.

Debbie I too don't restrict healthy choices when I tighten up the reins. Currently I am trying to get under goal again (I am hovering at goal weight). Realistically I know my low number is very difficult for me to maintain. So I just tweek things a little to stay as close to goal as possible.

Ok time for a nice hot shower then off to my friend Ed's for coffee. Hope his house is warmer than mine. Have a great day!
Old 01-08-2015, 09:22 AM   #12  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I wish Karen! I am willing to make a donation to that committee (would you believe a 38/40 K????????????????????). But MAZEL on the bikini top!

Sounds like it is cold all around! Here in DC too. 12 and feels like 0. But I much rather prefer cold to hot as I find it is easier for me to warm up than to cool down.

And look at me, here in the actual AM!!!

Stay warm y'all!
Old 01-08-2015, 09:24 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all! All your talk of weather made me look at the weather app on my iPad. I was shocked to see it say we are currently 34 degrees (yes…above zero!!). We are supposed to get up to 52 but I’ll believe that when I see it!! But…then I looked at tomorrow’s forecast and it says a high of 25 with freezing drizzle and snow so my happiness was short lived. Oh, well, one good day is better than no good days!! I’d like a few more though so we can get the Christmas lights taken down outside before we go on our cruise. That roof is scary enough without snow and ice on it! Today I'll be tackling the rest of the inside decor and getting things back to normal around here.

Beth - I will take that cup!! I have cut down to one cup a day while on p1 and the first few days were really hard but things are much easier now. I might just try to keep up the limit of one cup a day and see how I do - or should I say see how those around me do!

Tammy - My nephews go to Kiski schools (E of Pittsburgh) and they were whining hard last year about having to go late due to all the cancelled days. I think you might be right!

Debbie - Relax today!

Karen - Unfortunately I am definitely not a member of the IBTC but I think that no matter which club we belong to it is nearly impossible to fit into clothes. I’m not sure who they make these things for!! Good luck on your shopping trip!

Ruth - Yikes - stay warm!!

Jennifer - Love my skirted bathing suit - I’m convinced that the younger version of me did not know anything!! Skirted bathing suits are very pretty.

I’m working until 1:30 today and then it’s off to the lovely girly doctor - ick! Oh, well, get that yearly visit out of the way early and then I can go on with my year. I have been having some hot flashes so I’ll bring that up and see what she has to say. I’ll be 49 this year so I guess it’s not out of the question to start this process. I just don’t know how my forties slipped away and I got here!!

Oh...today is day 8 on p1 so I weighed myself and I lost 2.5#! DH lost 8.5 - isn't it sort of deflating when you realize how fast men can lose? I am extremely happy for him though and I know that once he gets more weight off he will not have so many body pains and that will only bode well for me too!!

Everyone have a great day and stay warm!!

Gabby
Old 01-08-2015, 09:57 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8"

I'm also NOT a member of Karen's club (at a 38 DDD). I finally found a bra that works for me though. PTL!
Old 01-08-2015, 10:55 AM   #15  

Default Definitely Frostbite Thursday

Someone here mentioned the temp, and the windchill. The temp here is 13 deg. F, and a real feel of -2. Brrrrr It may be a lot colder further north, but this is cold enough for me!

Do I REALLY want to go out to the gym? I didn't go yesterday, so I guess I better go today. I ended up doing laundry all day. IN my gym clothes I might add. I was dressed to go, then realized I just couldn't put off doing the laundry another day and got it done.

Last edited by zynr; 01-08-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Closed Thread