South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Jekel, I hope today at work goes well for you. Darned cookies.

Natasha, great to see you poke your head in here!

Pearl - how was Mr. Banks? Reviews were good, and I love Tom Hanks.

Sophie, how did the baking go?

Darned it, woke up at 6 am on my morning off again. It wouldn't be *quite* so irritating if DH couldn't sleep in so easily . Today is DD's Birthday!! She's sitting here right next to me, so I can't say the plans. Hopefully, she'll like them.

Enjoy the day! My little girl is NINE!
Old 12-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tammy's Grace, if you're seeing this, Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day! My granddaughter Carley turns 9 tomorrow, so you're practically twins!
Old 12-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you Cottage!! Happy Birthday to Carley too....maybe we should all meet and go on a shopping Spree!!! (how 'bout that massive mall near you?)
Old 12-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quickie this a.m. as I am expecting to lose power. We are very well iced in! The big old pine has its branches drooping to touch the ground. I expect to hear a crack as the branches break. More "ice" is falling right now and will continue for the day. So much for finishing off my pre-Christmas grocery list. We've been warned to stay off the roads by the Township.

I keep telling myself I survived the Ice Storm of 1998 but am not a happy Canadian at the moment. It is comforting to know I have Scotch, wine and two rum cakes on hand though!
Old 12-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #20  

S/C/G: maintaining

It has been horrible here and, of course, worse for my poor son. Yesterday he got stuck 2 miles from Dalhart, TX for almost 2 hours without moving. We had him turn around (on the highway, since no cars were coming from the other direction except others turning around) and take back roads to town and found him a motel room. He spent the afternoon and night there and then got sick, he thinks from a pizza.

This morning he called at 6 to see if he should get on the road as we'd suggested and I had to tell him to go back to sleep because the highway was closed! Much internet research and calls to highway patrols ensued and finally we found out it was open and he is on his way. It will be slick and I am stressed.

He will not be able to make it home in time to get the dog to the kennel so we have someone willing to take him tomorrow. But now the big question is if our son will even make it home before we have to leave for the airport tomorrow.

Coincidentally my next-door-neighbor's (much older) son got stuck about 100 miles from mine! He was also driving with dog from LA.

That said, my boss let me not go in to work last night since things were bad here too. I have to call later to see if I will go in today.

Must do laundry, pack, and try to relax. Sigh.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #21  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon

Ruth. You have your supplies for the ice storm right. I know survivors of 98 that still panic
Jen here's to clean eating. Sending good vibes
Linda. Happy gnocchi making
Tammy enjoy shopping with dd and a happy birthday to her. My baking right now could supply a bakery
Karen just thing that with modern communication you know where your son is

Me lucky. Lots of ice here and tree branches are very low but no power failure like a lot of people around here are experiencing. Some of them might not have any for 72hrs. Wonder if dd will come tomorrow. I'd rather they be safe
Take care
Sophie
Old 12-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #22  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We slept in a bit again and then headed out for a walk. It's warm here so we are getting rain not ice, one of the advantages of living in the river valley. I'm about to start my vacation cleaning project then work on the menu for the week. It's a mellow day
Old 12-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon, ladies. Date was a no go for this weekend...we're both too busy getting ready for Christmas. Next week, maybe. I was worried he was disappearing on me, but he said "I definitely want to go out again." We'll see.

jekel - I've been told that. Unfortunately, I don't get off until 4 PM on NYE, so the chances of me even getting close to the ball drop are probably nil. We shall see. I'll just be happy to be there...even if I end up ringing in the new Year on the train coming in to the city, LOL
Old 12-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Here you go Natasha. They are really good and relatively easy to make. They would be even easier if you bought ground chicken but I like having a little more control over what's in there.
Oooh, those do sound easy. And delicious! I don't have any blue cheese, though...maybe I'll pick some up soon and try these. Thanks for the recipe!
Old 12-22-2013, 03:12 PM   #25  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No power outage here but it still may happen. Terrific Tom the propane guy came and filled the tank so all's right with my world. I've been baking up a storm since I'm stuck in the house anyhow. They have been warning us not to drive if at all possible until tomorrow. Guess I'll head out then to power shop for some party things although I have lots pre-made and frozen.

It's a quiet afternoon with The Messiah playing, the dogs dozing by the stove, the Bling tree lit, the third rum cake soaking up the glaze and my Kitchen Aid resting between engagements. All I have to do is decide whether to make the Mushroom empanadas today or leave it until tomorrow and I think tomorrow is winning!

I feel really, really Christmassy! or however you spell it, Spellcheck!
Old 12-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #26  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, just wanted to say hi. DH and I have returned from picking up DS2, icy roads and all. Although the trees are bending under the weight we have not lost power, and the woodstove is cranking so we will be warm even if we do.

Ruth and Sophie, I remember feeling guilty during the '98 storm: even though we had no power we had the woodstove so we were warm and had hot food. Water was the only issue.

Karen, hope DS makes it home safely. I know how it is to worry!

Hope the birthday girls have a special day!

To those who had to work today, I hope all went smoothly. I am reveling in being on vacation!

Have a great evening all!
Closed Thread