South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 06:31 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Weekend Chat, Jan. 21-22

Good Morning

It's the weekend again! Hard to believe we're hacking through January. Silly, but sometimes when the pup and I head out early I "feel" a difference, although certainly not indicated by the temperature.

What's on your agenda this weekend? Stop by and chat

ETA-not sure what's on my agenda yet. I always hope for a call to come in to work. I bought a cute stereo gadget at Costco yesterday so we pulled it out early and proceeded to reorganize much of the living room. I'm on a "clutter free week" as an experiment (as to how my food choices relate to a better organized environment) so I have already started putting away some stuff we hauled in from our storage locker (ie:car). I've also put some stuff outside so it WILL go to the thrift store today. We might head to Denver to see Kirk's DD. After all her turmoil, she's doing quite well. Enjoying being and returning to college, too. We are certainly happy about that. Hmm....think I'll go find more coffee.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-21-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning, Debbie!! Hope you are enjoying your brisk morning in beautiful CO.

We have more snow! It sure is beautiful out there, I'm looking forward to the sun popping up so I can see it better.

I was absolutely delighted that the scale was 5 (!!!) pounds lower today than Tuesday, after 4 days on phase I. Whew, it was scary!! I know it was water weight, but it does help a lot. Today certainly won't be a good food day, since I have some activities planned (I'll follow up on that more tomorrow!). As long as I wake up tomorrow, and remember what to do!!

I am off to work, then a busy, busy afternoon with a fun evening. What's everyone else up to today?

Cyndi - so glad to hear Julie is doing better, hope we get more good updates!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 01-21-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:06 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning~ Not sure what my day will be today..

I'm pre phase 1 (Starting Monday) but have been doing a detox last few days... & have been well behaved eating wise...will go to grocery store at some point, to be sure phase 1 foods are in good supply..

A friend of mine is having his 80th Birthday Bash tonight. He's a jazz musician & hired a few bands to play at his party.. Sure to be a fun bash... Starts early 6pm.. I'll make good food choices.. & dance off any bad food choices I make.

Twynn.. snow! Geez, I have not had a snowy winter in 20 years! I know it's beautiful.. I don't miss it though..

Lexxiss.. dejunking.. & a trip to Goodwill are probably on my agenda as well.

Have a great day~
Old 01-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

That's great news, Twynne! Congratulations on getting that scale moving in the right direction! How much snow did you get?

Debbie, it's nice to know Kirk's DD is doing well, especially with a wee one on the way.

I woke up to a winter wonderland and the snow plow making it's way down our street. The grandkids are going to be so excited when they wake up! It looks like we have around 4 or 5" and it's still snowing.
It's a perfect day for staying home and cooking. I'm putting a beef stew in the crockpot for Jake, and making lentil soup for me, and I promised Amber that I'd supervise her making cinnamon rolls this morning.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Happy weekend!

Jenn - Your comment made me smile

Cyndi - Glad to read your good news!

Debbie - Somehow this January seems to have passed faster than most. Maybe because I have nothing to show for it? I'll be interested to hear about your experiment. I hate clutter but live with a man who surrounds us with it!

Twynn - Woo hoo!

indigal - That party sounds fun. Much more exciting than the 80th I went to not long ago.

Linda - Your house is going to smell so wonderful today!

I have no plans for today. Okay - one plan. I'm going to try making sweet potato black bean chili for the first time. Other than that... I need to figure out how to fill my day so I don't snack my way through it! Okay - two plans. Finish the darn scrapbook and get that stuff out of my dining room already!

Not sure if I mentioned that DH found our old bike trainer in the bowels of the basement and dragged it out so that I could start back with some cardio. But I guess he still needs to find a part and do some stuff to my bike and I'm struggling with ways to gently "not nag" so that he gets it done for me already! One of us is a procrastinator and it's not the person eager to hop on the bike!

Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:30 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mmmmmm - I love the smell of cinnamon rolls but I'll have to settle for raisin bread toast in a few minutes.

Debbie, did you read Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Big? I got partway through but seem to have lost it in the clutter. I have promised Donna I'll get rid of some of my books. Maybe a box today?

Twynn, isn't snow lovely? Imagine if it was brownish gray and smelled awful. I live in a winter wonderland these days and it looks like more is to come this weekend.

Indigal, no snow where you are? I guess you are in the south eastern USA. Your friend's party sounds just wonderful! Have fun.

Cottage, the kids will have a ball today. My furry "kids" love it - especially wee Jazz who runs through the drifts and comes in just covered. You can almost hear him yelling "Yippee!"

Nothing much on the plan today which is probably just as well. My knee, the "fixed" one, is giving me grief. I suspect I may have stressed it climbing into a truck during my dead car adventure. Today will be a day of "rest" with some reading, dog petting and maybe even daytime TV. :shock: Actually a couple of Aleve may fix the problem and spare me that brain rotting experience.

Happy Weekend, EveryChick!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Karen, for a 'no-plan' day, your day sounds fairly eventful! I hope you can prod the DH into action to take care of your bike! Good luck!

Ruth, oh no! I hope Aleve is all you need to take care of that leg! Rest and elevation!

I think I'm going to spend some lovely 'me' time this afternoon watching Season One of "Downton Abbey" that my DD has been wanting me to watch. I watched the first 4 episodes so far, and really enjoyed it.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Twynn, I'm excited to hear about today's activities. You’ve got me curious, with "a busy, busy afternoon with a fun evening". Enjoy your beautiful snow.

indigal, your bash sounds fun, too! Celebrate your good choices and "dance off" any bad ones. Glad you've joined us on the daily!

Linda, good that the GK's know where their saucers are! It sounds like a perfect Winter day; with cinnamon rolls baking AND the aroma of both stew and lentil soup. Enjoy!

Jenne, I'll bet you're just holding onto some stressy water weight! Breathe and I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Karen, how did your energy audit turn out? I love bb/sweet potato chili. ...wish I would have picked up sweet potatoes yesterday. I've started taking stuff to someone else for repair when DH procrastinates too long on something I've asked him to do. Regarding my DH and his clutter, I've started relegating it to "his room" and don't allow it to stay in our common areas. I just haul it to his room and consider it spontaneous exercise. Likewise, my room has all my s**t.

Chelby, I hope your mental health day helped a bit!

chickadeee, what kind of a pup do you have? Bing (a rescued Cocker) is the first dog I've ever had that needed "grooming". My big pups just needed constant brushing. What did you make with your juicer?

Ruth, how was reading club? Take it easy today and be gentle with your knee. OMG, I must find that book, (perhaps at the library where I'll have to return it.)

Cyndi, I hope Julie got to have some food tastes yesterday and that she's continuing to make progress forward.

Matilda, I hope you finish the foyer. I'm recently finding how much better I do with food when I finish things I have started. Sending encouragement!

bea, kudos! I consider maintaining my losses to be a success!

Pearlrose, hope you got your staff dealt with and can enjoy your weekend.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-21-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday! I worked my bottom off yesterday laying flooring with Jeff. I'm very sore today. It's been a long time since I've had a sore muscle. I like it! Today, we should actually start laying tile.

All the talk of dejunking and getting rid of clutter -- After my kitchen is back together, I'm getting rid of stuff, too! It's a little claustrophobic around here these days.

There is a lot to do today, so I better get moving. Hope you all have a great weekend playing in the snow, if you have any.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #10  

Good Morning Girls,

I was up at 4:30 as usual, but just sat back, enjoyed a cup of coffee, peace, quiet and Abby curled up on my lap and No Work Today! And -6 degrees outside.

Today is housework and if I am real good at multi tasking, I will get some sewing in there between loads and stuff. LOL We get our beef today, so will plan to make that Julia Childs receipe. And maybe look up sweet potato blk bean chili, that sounds good. Need all the ideas I can get.

Ruth if I were you I would try to get in a comfy chair, put your leg up and enjoy the winter wonderland outside, and rest your knee. Hope it is better.

Debbie, Abby is a ****zu/Highland Terrier Mix about 13 lbs and then we have Ms Pella a choc lab. I try to groom Abby, but only good enough to do a trim, but with this cold weather it will do, she wears a coat if we go for a walk. Last night we had Kale, red leaf lettuce, cucumber, green grapes and granny smith apple in our juicer, so refreshing. So, now I have to look at using the pupl in other things, like maybe omelets or muffins - I don't know there has to be a use for it.

Tywnn congrats on the -5, my weigh in is tomorrow, not looking forward to it. But I can live with it. Hope you have a great afternoon.

Cottage, send some of your home cooking smells my way, sound so good. That is one thing I like about winter, is cooking soups and chilis and the good smells.

Karen, good find on the bike, one never knows what they have sometimes. I just wish I could get to the exercise thing. I need someone to crack the whip to get me going.

Chelby I bet you can't wait for your kitchen to be done, sounds nice.

Well off to get laundry started. Have a great day everyone.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Our morning is so structured with meds and food that I never get in here early any more. It is nice to just have some time to catch-up now though

Debbie - So glad to hear the DD is doing well. Decluttering is on my agenda too. It was on my agenda last fall but life got in the way. I've been making plans though, so should be able to make quick work of some of it. I've decided to get rid of lots of books. that's a very big deal for me, I've been a book collector since I learned to read.

Twynn - is today the 50th birthday? Hope all goes well and everyone has a wonderful time

indigal - sounds like a fun evening. It is nice to see you here in the mornings

Cottage - Looks like you got the bulk of this storm. It's very cold here and there's some light snow falling, but nothing that will need shoveling. I'm sure the kids are excited

Karen - We have one of those bike trainers but I don't have room for my bike so ended up buying a stationary anyway. I'll be interested to hear how you like it. I"m still tempted to set it up for the month before I can ride on the road. I'd guess it does a better job of getting you in shape for road riding.

Ruth - My copy of that book is suffering the same circumstances Listen to Cottage

Chelby - Happy weekend

Good start to the day here. Julie had a couple of bites of egg and a few sips of smoothie. It's not much but it's a start.

I'm off to CSA pick-up this morning, I love my winter CSA. Then it's the usual stuff, lots of cleaning to do, a little laundry and I might try a nap. I'm not much of a napper but 6 hour nights for weeks is wearing me out. If nothing else I'll do some relaxed reading.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8"

Wow, everyone's so active already! We've forbidden our son to come into our room before 8am on the weekends, and that means I get to sleep in, if I can physically manage that. These dark winter days it's not so hard. I finished the walls in the foyer last night. This morning I just have to paint the trim and the ceiling line, which won't take me long, and paint the piece of wood that the coat hooks will be screwed into. Once I do that, it's all up to DH. Can't wait!

At noon we are going to an open house in a complex I am thinking we might move into in the long term. We've decided to put our apartment on the market April 1 and see what happens. I've no idea what the market is like here in Brooklyn Heights these days for apartments of our size, which are essentially two bedrooms with one of the bedrooms being tiny (our son's room is 9' x 8'). The complex I like has much larger apartments that we can afford and are still within our school zone (essential now that my son's school has extended itself through the 8th grade). Anyway, we're just going to look at everything that comes up there so we can really consider it in an educated fashion.

Hope everyone has a great day today. My whole apartment is filled with clutter and coats from the foyer and I can't wait to put it all away!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:55 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadeee55 View Post
Abby is a ****zu/Highland Terrier Mix
Cracks me up when the censor does this
Old 01-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hooray - one step closer! DH found the missing "thing." We've agreed that "we" will clean my bike tomorrow since it is supposed to be much warmer here. Cardio - here I come!

Debbie - We don't get the results for 3-4 weeks. DH has already made many of the upgrades they would typically suggest. He is rather obsessed and has a little gizmo he shoots to see how hot the air is blowing when the furnace is on. And he constantly tracks our usage, especially now that the boys are gone, hoping we use much less electricity with them gone!

Cyndi - I really don't like the trainer at all! I asked for it for Christmas several years ago and hated it once we got it all set up. Something about the feel of the ride. It's "rough" or something. DH used it for a while until we replaced our treadmill and ran out of space for it. I will suffer through though to get back to cardio. In theory, it's a great idea for the "off season."
Old 01-21-2012, 02:53 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I am sooo angry! We've been waiting for our new kitty condo to be delivered and FedEx didn't even TRY to come to the apartment but said that they tried to deliver and customer wasn't available! GRRRRRR So we blew our whole day for NOTHING.

Anyway, hi all! We got some snow and ick here last night but it's nice to wake up to even if it causes havoc! Picture of our view attached.

I am off to put some soup on the stove for dinner and maybe nap. Today is "act like a vegetable day while eating them."

TTFN
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow.jpg (22.0 KB, 12 views)
Closed Thread