snacks

• Whats your favorite snack? I am looking for some new ideas ~ Jenn
  • I like almonds tossed with sweetner and cinnamon and put in the microwave until they are sizzling and crunchy umm so good.
    Also baked pepperoni gives me the feeling of chips
    and baked cheese are my favorites these days.
  • My afternoon snack has been celery sticks used to scoop up a 100 cal. pack of Wholly Guacamole and salsa... mmmmmmmmmm... don't even miss the chips!
  • Hummus w cucumbers
    Nuts with a cheesestick
    Celery w guacamole
    Turkey/cheese rolled in a big lettuce leaf
    Greek yogurt
  • For phase 1...
    Peanut butter with anything -- or by itself directly off a spoon.
    Cucumbers and cottage cheese
    Hummus and celery
    Babybel light cheese
    Veggie sticks with tahini dressing
    Fake brownie
    SF jello
    Plain ff yogurt + splenda + vanilla + a swirl of almond butter mixed then left in the freezer for 10 minutes = almost frozen yogurt
    Kale chips
    Roasted chickpeas
  • Yum - all of the above!

Also:
    • tuna/egg/salmon/whatever salad in a Romaine lettuce "boat"
    • celery with Laughing Cow light cheese or natural peanut butter
    • raw broccoli/cauliflower and bell pepper slices with hummus
    • Boiled eggs/deviled eggs
    • Dried green beans (I usually eat with raw walnuts; for some reason they are so delicious together)
    • Greek yogurt with a sprinkle of Crystal Light (berry flavors are the best) mixed in
  • Unfortunately, I'm kind of a fussy snacker. If it isn't fruit or a carb, I'm normally not terribly interested. But, I do have a few P1 favorites I'm cycling through right now

Deviled eggs
    dry roasted, unsalted almonds
    cucumber slices with a little bit of smoked salmon, cream cheese, and chives
    red peppers with buffalo chicken dip (shredded chicken mixed with lf cream cheese and SB approved buffalo wing sauce. SO GOOD. Seriously, the stuff is addictive.)
    dagoba unsweetened cocoa powder as hot chocolate with some splenda. its very thick and rich, so it becomes quite filling!
  • ohhh yum! thanks for some new ideas!