South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default I'm kinda disappointed ~ Exercise related

I've been having pain in both feet for a while now, I contributed it to my obesity. Recently my right foot started really giving me a lot of grief. I went to the doctor this morning about it because I can hardly walk. When I exercise it makes it worse so I've only been able to do cardio once a week or so depending on how my feet are doing. The doctor thinks I might have a stress fracture or some other condition I cant remember the name, but he said to be sure I'd need a bone scan to be sure if it's a stress fracture. He actually said he doesn't recommend the bone scan because either way the treatment will be the same. I've been instructed by the doctor to not exercise using my feet for 6-8 weeks and to stay off my feet as much as possible, and to use RICE. This is such a pain in the rear but I guess I need to do something to help my feet get better.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #2  

Your health is number 1... take care of your body and it will take care of you! Rest that foot and you will be back with the cardio in no time!
macg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

If you still want to exercise you can go swimming or use a bike (as long as it doesn't irritate your foot)...
fozentusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:57 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

An idea would be to get some free weights and find a routine that you could do from a chair. I did an upper body weight routine for one of our exercise challenges and it helped alot.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Funny but I was about to suggest the same thing. When I had my knee replacement, that's what I was supposed to do. Like an idiot, I didn't.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hmmmm...if it's not a stress fracture, do you need to take 6-8 weeks off? And swimming no matter what would be most excellent, if you have access to it!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #7  
Goals are the fuel

S/C/G: 176/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I knew a kid in a wheelchair growing up, who worked out and got the most awesome arms, shoulders, chest, and abs. I always thought that if I ever broke a leg or something, I would really take that time to work on my arms (no jiggling!) and get more defined shoulders. Set a goal and make this an opportunity rather than a setback! =D Maybe its time to get to know your obliques or pectorals better.
FurnaceOfAchievement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #8  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
Hmmmm...if it's not a stress fracture, do you need to take 6-8 weeks off? And swimming no matter what would be most excellent, if you have access to it!
He recommended 6-8 weeks so it would have plenty of time to heal, he said that is a good time line either way, the treatment would be the same.

I have a friend who is a fitness instructor, she recommended deep water swimming while wearing a chest float or while sitting on a noodle to support my lower body. So that's what I'll prolly do.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

swimming is great - I have plantar's fascitis and tarsel tunnel and swimming helps! I had surgery (tarsel release) and it didn't help. When it acts up, I swim as my exercise.

But listen to doctor's orders!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Bummer. I was diagnosed with neuroma 8 years ago and had to change up my workouts and start wearing different shoes, but at least I didn't have to stop completely! Heal fast
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote