South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 06:28 AM   #16  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Morning, all! I've got a couple minutes while the wee one is sleeping and the big kids are still at school so I thought I'd check in. I'm plugging along over here trying to make good decisions with every bite I do or do not put in my mouth. I started P90X yesterday. Love that workout! This will be the fourth time I do it. I'm a bit sore but not debilitatingly so - whew!

Okie, I haven't read that book, but I've often wondered if the reason I tend to yo-yo once I get close to goal is that I'm scared of not having a "project" once I reach the point I'd set out to get to. I think I need to refocus myself to think of maintaining as a project in and of itself so I can break through that brick wall I put up against myself getting there!

Natasha, congrats on the 5K! There are a lot of good running websites out there that have training programs for different race lengths. It's not so intimidating to run 13 miles when you have months to work up to it!

Marcie, your "mind over food" quip made me laugh! What a fantastic motto!

Debbie, have fun getting ready for your trip and good luck catching the extra hour of sleep!

Lisa, I hope your husband bounces back quickly. I'm sorry to hear of his issues - hope this is just a bug!

Linda, be careful out there today! I just folded three loads of laundry and I'm waiting on the fourth to come out of the dryer. We make so many dirty clothes!

Heidi, I hope the weather cooperates for you! Good luck getting your pledges!

Well, I've still got a half hour until my oldest walks in the door and Luke is still snoozing away in his swing so I'm going to try to get in a nap, too. Have a wonderful day, chickies!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:28 AM   #17  
Mous

Planning is key. Enjoy!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:30 AM   #18  
Mous

Kara, sweet dreams.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:39 AM   #19  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wow, I need more cofffee to keep up with all of you Good morning !

Okie & Marcie - I'm an early childhood educator by profession. I've worked in centers (just about every job including director) and in community support agencies. Still connected to the field now. It's a great job, I just wish the pay and benefits were a little more realistic.

Marcie - Check the cranraisins for ingredients. Sadly some have corn syrup

Natasha - Don't know how I missed that recipe but I can't wait to try it!

Debbie - hope the nap works out. Have fun at the pool

Lisa - Hope DH gets over the tummy thing fast. I keep hearing about stomach bugs going around so hopefully that's all it is.

Heidi - I'm with you on the scale this morning. The last thing I needed was another celebration weekend.

Mathilda - Have things settled down a bit at work? Hope the day is an easy one

Cottage - Be careful out there. It's heading this way and I'm anticipating another possible work at home day (I hope. I hate being out and stuck driving when it turns).

Kara - It's always nice to see you in the morning

Okay, I'm going to go look for more school closure info for the other side of the mountains (Where I'm supposed to be today). If I get to stay home I'll be back in a little bit.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:53 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! What a chatty bunch!

I won't add my clucking because I'm already running late but it's nice to see such perkiness.

Stay safe if you are going to get the East Coast weather crud. Think spring.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:58 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 209.2/207.6/150

Height: 5ft4inches

Good Morning all

I got through day 1 of phase 1 yesterday with no cheating, so happy! I was craving sweets but sugar free jello saved my life after dinner. I'm picking more of that up today.

My spring semester at college starts today, a week late thanks to the snow! Today's classes are in the morning so I'm taking some almonds with me to snack on inbetween.

Foodobsessed, I started college fall last year studying for an associates degree in computer science.

Everyone be careful out there with the snow!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #22  
Mous

Woo Hoo LAK
Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #23  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Morning ladies, Water weight gain again today... TTOM.. 218.2 Yuk!!
Hope you all have a terrific and great day!! Going make my coffee...
Old 01-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #24  

S/C/G: maintaining

Let's try this again - I somehow deleted my first attempt...

Okie - I have been working on water too but do much better this time of year with decaf, hot tea.

Natasha - Love the avatar! Good for you wanting more.

Windsong - Wish I liked to cook. Sounds yummy.

Debbie - Hope you are snoozing away. Have a great trip. How long are you going for?

Lisa - Poor guy. Poor wife.

Linda - Loving clementines! Someone told me they only have a short season. Is that true?

Heidi - I always wondered how schools could dismiss early like that. I think it happened once here and I was glad I was home. Hope the weather holds off.

Matilda - Oooh - fondue - yum. Thanks for asking. I slept better... broke out the sleeping pills instead of the pain pills. Ouchy is a bit less and itchy is taking over. Slow progress.

Kara - I have P90X envy! You were the first person I ever heard mention it and I wondered about it last year. Now that I got mine I am chomping at the bit to recover from my surgery and kick butt!

Cyndi - I don't see you back so hopefully by now you are safely on your way.

Ruth - Love the rainbow.

LAK - Good job yesterday! The cravings do eventually subside.

Laneebm - That darn TOM.

Last day of a 4-day weekend here. Teen has more work to do at the school again but can sleep in. I'm slowly feeling a bit better and trying not to be impatient. But, darn, we apparently use our ab muscles in every thing we do! Ouch. Not sure when I am ready to venture to the store but looks like we may get snow so I should probably head out before then. I'll make DH drive and carry the bags There are some advantages to having a husband with no job.

And now I am going to supervise him mashing my crockpot beans. He does not take direction well and I am a perfectionist about things being done my way. I hope we both survive!

BBL
Old 01-18-2011, 08:31 AM   #25  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Took awhile to figure it out but I am definitely WFH today. I suspect they think their employees should be "tougher" (or stupid as those of us who have been around call them) but that's not me.

Hope you are safe and warm wherever you are today
Old 01-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

Good morning!!

It's back to work after a busy three day weekend. I have some big meetings this week, but I think we are prepared.

For my fellow Coloradians-we went to the Wings Over The Rockies museum. It was really nice and I would recommend it.

To those of you on the east coast, please be careful.

Have a great on plan day!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am doing wfh so I can take DD2 to dentist later to have her two other front teeth taking out so her adult teeth can come down, poor thing is going to be missing 6 teeth then as one of bottom ones should be falling out today they will probably just yank it too.

For those with bad weather- stay safe- we just have rain today but they are saying Thursday maybe for more bad weather.

Have a great day everyone
Old 01-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 170/149/145

Good morning busy Chickies!

Back to work today, but off again on Friday. Kids were off yesterday, and are off again on Friday and Monday
So I took Friday off so that I only have to pay extra for Daycare next Monday.

After watching the scale do nothing last week I'm also going to try counting my calories this week to see if it helps. I like the idea of eating till I'm satiated, but I have a feeling that like those doing points, that my portions are greater than they should be. (And I eat too many nuts

To all those looking at nasty snow storms - stay safe and warm! We got our 6 inches yesterday and are mostly dug out.

WaistingTime - Take care of yourself!!! Remember with DH, deep deep breathes

LAK1974 - YAY!!! It will get easier, but those cravings are nasty at first. Good for you!!

tomandkara - What is P90X??

litar - Good luck with the hubbie - mine used to be so stoic and I was the pathetic one when sick. As he ages he seems to be getting more needy when ill

Heidi58 - Yay for the 5K!!! I started scoping out local 5K's yesterday, but so far none close by. You'll LOVE it!

Natasha1534 - A Half-marathon is my eventual goal as well, though I'm hoping to work up to a 10K by the fall of 2011 as I'm kind of a chicken regarding the 13 miles
Old 01-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #29  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

HOLY COW It's only 9:30 here people. Chatty chat chat chat!

Well I was just popping in to say I was good yesterday and am going strong again today. Feeling really good. Big project to do at work so I can't hang out here long. I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!!!! Much love sisters!

Lisa
Old 01-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #30  
Rebelwithacause

S/C/G: 300/249/175

Height: 6'

morning everyone. I'm off to walk before I get too busy. Will check back in later.
Closed Thread