South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 12:53 PM   #31  
Come on ONEderland!

S/C/G: 254/ticker/175

Height: 5'-7"

P90X is an insanely tough workout that uses muscle confusion to get the best results. It works, but you have to be dedicated to use it every day for 90 days.

Things are good, but work's going a little crazy. I got to go to the roofs of two skyscrapers though last night, which was cool. Today- long drive to a site.

Woo.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 209.2/207.6/150

Height: 5ft4inches

Sounds like you have an interesting job uscarchie.

I think I know the answer to this but can anyone clarify whether we can eat 85% dark chocolate on south beach? If so, in which phase? I really enjoy green & black's organic chocolate and was wondering if or when I can eat that.

Just got back from class, waiting for almond induced indigestion to go away then I'll have lunch. I only ate 15 of them! Sometimes I can eat them and be just fine, other times like today they kill me. Also have lots of reading to do for my history and media classes.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #33  
Come on ONEderland!

Dark Chocolate is fine as a limited treat on P2 and P3. Once a week, I think that is.

I say "For Emergency Use Only" on Dark Chocolate... because it makes me feel better and then it's something I can use to ward off the evil forces of doom. Like Garlic, but not as smelly.

I do have an interesting job! Yay architectural lighting design!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #34  
Come on ONEderland!

Dark Chocolate is fine as a limited treat on P2 and P3. Once a week, I think that is.

I say "For Emergency Use Only" on Dark Chocolate... because it makes me feel better and then it's something I can use to ward off the evil forces of doom. Like Garlic, but not as smelly.

I do have an interesting job! Yay architectural lighting design!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #35  
Be happy.

Hello from home.

School let out early because of the snow. As far as I can tell everyone got home safely. I don't like early release days - but I don't like going to school in July, either. Karen, we do lots of them here in New England. If the kids get a half day of school in we don't have to make the day up, so as long as the roads won't be too bad at noon we hold school. The dismissals are pretty well publicized, TV, radio, automated phone calls to parents and our WalMart and grocery store announce it so customers will know to head home and meet the buses. lol

Windsong, thanks for crossing your fingers for me - I didn't get to change my weight in my profile this morning.though. Actually, I should move it UP a pound. I'm confident that I didn't really gain that much fat in 3 days, so I'm thinking a day or two back on track and then I can honestly change it to 139.

On that note, I'm going to head upstairs to the wii fit and take advantage of my unexpected leisure time this afternoon.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #36  

Height: 5'4"

Yeesh you guys! So many posts!

I'm into phase 2 now, but like I've mentioned in the "On-Plan" thread, I am definitely not eating enough. This has never, ever been a problem for me (that's why I'm fat!), so I'm struggling with figuring out how to stay in control, but make sure I'm getting enough so I don't ruin my metabolism! 9lbs in 2wks + 3 days is much quicker than I'm comfortable with and is not sustainable. I've got a cheat meal planned for tonight, just to bump my calories for the week up. The key is to know its purpose and get right back on plan after that!

If any of you ladies use "my fitness pal" to track your calories, PM me your username and I'll add you as a friend!

A couple of personal responses before I have to get back to studying:

Okie: I am a professional student! Finishing up this May! The internet definitely saves my sanity but it's the ultimate time-waster too! I don't even remember what I did before facebook!

Natasha: I haven't congratulated you get on your 5K -- congrats!! Definitely an inspiration. I've made it to week 4 of couch to 5K running plan but my progress has been derailed by school and my laziness.

Mmckellan: My AF was stubborn this month too! I wonder if it was the shock of phase 1 to our systems? I figured that's what was happening, but my paranoia still forced me to spend like 40 bucks on PG tests before she came!

Lak: Dark chocolate starts being allowed occasionally in phase 2. Anyone know the specific quantity restrictions?

Last edited by shelflife; 01-18-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 178/163/154

Height: 5'6"

Wow! Lots of posts today - I am still getting to know everyone so it is hard for me to do personals until I know who is who.

I introduced carbs in yesterday with a whole wheat pasta dish that I love, but made SB friendly. That was a bif mistake because I over indulged and had an uptick on the scale today. I am not letting it get to me though and I am trying something different today. I hope tomorrow will show a loss instead.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Lol shelflife! Nice to see you back Kara, u've been missed! Luke is getting so big, the handsome guy. I need to have some girls for him to date! But gotta find a man first (sigh). The bank issue got resolved finally BUT I'm waiting on my check card. Unfortunately, I have to go up to the bank to get it activated, what a major drag!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 283/283/150

Hi everyone! Thank you to everyone who welcomed me in my newbie post! I thought I'd check in here to help hold me even more accountable. Today was Day 2 of Phase 1 for me, and I haven't cheated yet, so I suppose that's good! I'm sitting here drinking my water right now. It's very hard for me to drink my water during the day because I am a teacher, and I only get about two bathroom breaks a day, once in the morning, and once at lunch. When I drink lots of water, I find myself having to go in the middle of class, and there's nothing I can do about it! So I drink maybe 2-3 bottles at school and then try to drink lots at home. I'm sorry...was that too much info? LOL!

Anyway, I'm actually enjoying this so far...can't wait until next Monday because I am hoping to see a loss!!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:25 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Evening ladies...trying to get some personals done.

Lexxiss - You make a good point...checking in is the important thing, everything else is just gravy. Ummm, wait, no gravy...something more SB appropriate, then. LOL Oooh, let me know how the homemade yogurt goes...that should be interesting. My mom misses her ice cream something fierce, so if I could find a recipe for frozen yogurt that is SB friendly it might help her a little bit.

litar - Hope your hubby is feeling better by now. Those stomach viruses suck, even if they ARE just passing viruses!!! I think it's normal for people to be paranoid about sicknesses coming back. It took me months to figure out that the lightheadedness I got after having 1 glass of wine was b/c I'm just not used to drinking anymore...not b/c I'm having another vertigo episode, LOL

Cottage - Glad you stayed home and caught up on chores instead of braving the elements.

Heidi - Congratulations on signing up for the 5K!!! That's a good cause, too!!! I need to start looking up ones that benefit cancer research and diabetes research since cancer took my grandfather and diabetes took my grandmother. I had to giggle at your "today and tomorrow" quandry. I know that my particular situation can be VERY confusing so I try to explain it when I think about it. For information purposes, if I post before 0700 hrs and say "today" I mean the time until I go to bed. Once I go to bed and wake back up, it's "tomorrow." So even if I go to bed at 0700 hrs and wake back up at 1000 hrs, it is "tomorrow" just 3 hours later to me, LOL Gee, no wonder it's confusing, huh??? LMFAO Hope the storm blew right over you and on to somewhere else!!! Good luck w/ your weigh in...hope the scale ewas kind to you.

Mmckellen - Yum...fondue!!! I have wanted to go to The Melting Pot for years and never quite made it up there. Your appetizer sounds absolutely delicious!!!

tomandkara - Thanks. You're SO right...having months to prepare should lay aside any concerns. I think I might make the half-marathon a year-end goal for me. That way I have plenty of time to work on it AND it won't be sweltering hot outside when I finally do it. Hope you got the chance to get your nap in!!!

Cyndi - Lemme know how you like the chickpeas. I'm thinking that I might have to make them up as a side for some "oven-fried" porkchops w/ panko bread crumbs this week. YUM!!!

LAK1974 - Good job getting through Day 1!!! Oooh, the dulce de leche sugar free jello is frigging amazing. I love that stuff!!! WaistingTime is right...the cravings DO go away. Look forward to it, LOL

WaistingTime - Thanks. I giggled at you being a perfectionist b/c I am the same way. To the point that I don't even like someone else heating up my food in the microwave for me b/c "I know the correct temperature" that I want it to be. LOL Hope you both survived!!!

Pearlrose - Hope DD2 made it through her dental procedure okay. Poor thing!!!

AmyKitKat - Good luck reaching your goal. I bet you make it!!!

shelflife - Thank you. Good luck finished up your C25K program. I tried it for one day and decided I wasn't ready to start running yet. I'm thinking about 30 pounds or so and I'll give it a go again.

beckyh - Good for you not letting it get to you. It's a learning process and now you know...that's what's important.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:27 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by candacem86 View Post
Hi everyone! Thank you to everyone who welcomed me in my newbie post! I thought I'd check in here to help hold me even more accountable. Today was Day 2 of Phase 1 for me, and I haven't cheated yet, so I suppose that's good! I'm sitting here drinking my water right now. It's very hard for me to drink my water during the day because I am a teacher, and I only get about two bathroom breaks a day, once in the morning, and once at lunch. When I drink lots of water, I find myself having to go in the middle of class, and there's nothing I can do about it! So I drink maybe 2-3 bottles at school and then try to drink lots at home. I'm sorry...was that too much info? LOL!

Anyway, I'm actually enjoying this so far...can't wait until next Monday because I am hoping to see a loss!!
However you have to work it around so you can drink all the water needed...right??? Nothing worse than having to tinkle so bad that your teeth hurt only to know you can't get up and do anything about it.
Closed Thread