South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #1  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Default On Plan Thread - Week of Sept. 27

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?
Old 09-27-2010, 11:23 AM   #2  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Hi Zeff! I am back on Phase 1 and my goal is to stay on plan all week by carefully journaling, drinking all my water and get my mind back in the game.

I have missed you girls, you were so inspiring! Can't wait to get back in control!

So far today:
Breakfast:
2 eggs scrambled with a splash of milk, 1 cup mushrooms and 1/4 cup feta cheese. All cooked in mist of olive oil.
8oz. Sunrise Orange Crystal Light
Coffee with cream & 1 packet Splenda

My morning snack:
1 cup of baby carrots & Snap peas dipped in cottage cheese-ranch dressing and water. (In my blender, mixed fat free cottage cheese with dry ranch mix). Going to use this "dip" for my fresh veggies.

Lunch:
Vegetable Egg Foo young w/o any gravy or sauce & lots water!

PM Snack:
SF yogurt cup, cup chocolate soy milk

Dinner:
Skinless, stuffed chicken breast with low-fat cheese and peppers. Broc, carrots, snap peas with ranch "dip".
Few forks homemade SF applesauce (not Phase 1 I know).

Ended day at 64oz water.

Last edited by Jenskihere; 09-28-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default In a slump..

Morning..I'm in P2,and not doing well this whole last week...The scale isn't moving,and I feel bloated & fat,not like the wk.before when I felt leaner. I'm pretty much following P1,with a few exceptions. I had a piece of rye toast w/my eggs one morning;and 1/2c frozen corn mixed in w/black beans for dinner one nightNothing out of this world off plan. It's kinna discouraging to be sure. I'm sticking to it this wk. to see if something changes..This happened to me about a yr.ago when I did the beach. It worked for awhile,(about 10lbs.or so)then nada. I'm off to the gym..take care,have a healthy wk.chickies.Maybe I need a pep talkChoices~
Old 09-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #4  
beachin'

1: greek yogurt topped with homemade applesauce (just apples and cinnamon)
workout
2: chocolate cherry smoothie (chocolate protein, spinach, frozen cherries)
3: vita top, milk
4: mini cliff bar
5: chicken stirfry (peppers, onions, bok choy, broccoli, pea pods), cauliflower "rice"
6: sf jello

60 minute "Boredom Buster" on the treadmill (combination of running/fast walking/high inclines)

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-27-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #5  
beachin'

JEN! Welcome back, girl!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/144/145

Phase 2
B-Chocolate/pb oatmeal
L-about a cup and a half snow peas, 2 strips turkey bacon, laughing cow, and an apple (wierd lunch, cleaning out fridge before grocery shopping)
D-Veggie scramble, turkey bacon
S-SBD "milkshake"
Old 09-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #7  

I don't understand, am I listing my woe's in the wrong place? Support,right? but I am getting other's menu's..of the day,w/o any support. Imust be in the wrong place..please direct me. thank you.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:01 PM   #8  
beachin'

choices, if someone is on Phase 1, you can go to the Phase 1 support thread. All other support questions can be directed to the Daily Thread or by creating a new thread.

This thread is a place to post our daily menus - it gives people new ideas of on-plan things to eat, and ask questions about their menus to make sure they stay on plan.

I particularly like this thread because it keeps me accountable. It gives me a place to post my daily menu, and look at others. I've found so many new ideas in this thread.

Your post was likely read by many, me included, but i confess to not having the time to reply to it when I read it. Sorry you're not finding the support you desire.

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-27-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:42 PM   #9  

Thanks for letting me know.'o)
Old 09-28-2010, 06:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/173/150

Height: 5' 8"

I've started this week on Ph. 1, so I am going to jump right in ...
Today...
Breakfast
Mushroom Omelette
1/2 tomato
Turkey bacon
Coffee

Lunch:
Tuna salad with 1/2 tomato, cucumber, scallion, ginger, green pepper, lil mayo

Snack:
handful of almonds

Dinner:
Chicken Kabob
Steamed Broccoli
Greek Salad w/Spinach

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #11  
Finding success on beach

Hi Choices! I have done SB in the past and just started again this week. I am not comfortable enough yet to give advice on phase 2! From what I remember, I had that same issue when I moved to phase 2. I do remember others here saying to introduce only one phase 2 food at a time and see how it affects your weight loss. There might be foods that you still need to avoid for a while.
Hang in there!! And keep asking questions for the answers you are looking for! There are a lot of great resources here who have gone thru what you are experiencing!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #12  
Finding success on beach

My Tuesday journal: (I haven't set a rigid meal plan. I have choices available to me and decide at the time of meal/snack. Dinner is the only meal that is pre-planned.)

Breakfast:
2 eggs scrambled with splash of milk, 1 cup mushrooms, cooked in olive oil mist
Coffee with cream & splenda

Morning snack:
Dry roasted almonds, 100 cal pack. LC cheese wedge. Water.

Lunch:
FF Refriend beans, LF cheddar cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, FF sour cream & Avocado
SF yogurt cup
water

PM Snack:
Cup chocolate soy milk, 1/4 cup mixed nuts

Dinner: "Cheeseburger" soup - chicken broth, lean ground beef, tomatoes, lf cheese, onions

Wasn't very hungry today.
Finished up at 64oz water.

Last edited by Jenskihere; 09-29-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:15 AM   #13  
Finding success on beach

Oh no, are carrots not phase 1?
Old 09-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I think carrots and peas are no-no's on P1 because of the sugar content. (I could be wrong though)
Old 09-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #15  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Yeah, technically carrots are not for Phase 1. That was a hard one for me, but yes I did exclude them for Phase 1...

(Probably) Phase 2 - no grains, but I have an apple, carrots and sweet potato in the plan!
B - coffee with almond milk
walking, yoga
Greek yogurt with walnuts
L - Huge Romaine lettuce salad with homemade caesar dressing, 1 crabcake that I made
S - tomatoes from the garden with some mozzarella cheese
S2 - red pepper strips and CARROTS (yay!) with hummus
D - Pinto beans with sauteed greens & mashed sweet potatoes
Dessert - if I get to the store - a HONEYCRISP APPLE with some light cheddar cheese. YUM!
Closed Thread