South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-21-2010, 06:39 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chatter

Yippee! The weekend is here!

I baked all day yesterday with several interruptions and have a load of things to take over to the Church. I'll be back mid-morning so save me some coffee.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'll be ready for a coffee with you, come mid-morning, Ruth.

I'm going to go along with Jake as he runs some errands this morning, and I have a bunch of tomatoes, cukes, and zucchini that I want to load into the dehydrator later. I expect the kids over later on for a swim, and am looking forward to Amber telling me all about her first week back to school. She's a 5th grader this year! Time flies!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:29 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from NY I am visiting the parents again this weekend. today we are off on a canal boat ride. They love to plan things when I'm here.

My Mom is a serious SBD Mom now. Last night's dinner was grilled shrimp, tomato salad, marinated raw veggie salad, grilled marinated veggies and fresh corn on the cob (1 ear each). I almost had veggie overload I used to pack a cooler of my own food when I visited but now I just bring a few fillers like Greek yogurt and, of course, my own coffee.

Have a lovely weekend Friends!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning chicks. No bike ride here today since it rained over 2 inches last night and we ride next to a creek that overflows, leaving lots of mud in its wake. Tonight we are going to a birthday party where dinner is catered BBQ. Sigh.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:48 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone! Cyndi, your mom's dinner sounds wonderful. Mmmmmm, grilled shrimp. I just might have to make some tomorrow night (tonight, I think we'll order Chinese food). This morning I'm taking my son to Staples to shop for school supplies, then I've got some "free time" to clean my apartment and go food shopping. A friend is taking our son for 2 hours later on today so we are going to clean out our storage unit downstairs, then we'll all have drinks when they come back home. Looks like I've planned an off plan evening.

Yesterday at lunch I ate the most delicious cobb salad and it was totally SBD friendly with grilled chicken, lots of greens, tomatoes, avocado and a little bacon and shredded cheese. I did use about a tablespoon of blue cheese dressing on it, but still.

Hope everyone has a great weekend...
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #6  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Morning everyone!

Apartment hunting continues, hopefully something will pan out soon.

Also off to the local NY farmer's market for the first time - hopefully i can get some good veggies on the cheap!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #7  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

happy weekend, ladies.

had friends over for dinner last night, and then DH had his friends over for ww2 board games (groan). i did well not imbibing much (had 4 oz. white wine) and went to bed early.

TOM this week, but even considering, I've had a nice little whoosh. down 3 for the week so far.

I'm going to move back to phase 1.5 this week. A few days on P1 really helped clear up my cravings and I'm back where I need to be. I really missed my morning smoothies!

Off to prep for the sleepover tonight. Have a great day, girls.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

The sale was great! All the baking was gone by nine for a profit of over $300. The rest of the yard sale stuff was going fast too but there will still be tons to pack and move back into the hall for the October sale. Somebody donated an aluminum boat and a canoe. Some yard sale!

Now I'm off to check up on the Auction and then home to just goof off for the rest of the day except for doing the Mill payroll.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey, ladies, Happy Weekend. I've been busy this morning doing chores. My niece is going to stop by and pick up some kid stuff I'm getting rid of, so I had to scrub it all down as it's been in the garage for a while. This afternoon is my other niece's bridal shower. It's a Japanese theme and there will be sushi, which will be tough. I love me some sushi!

I've got to spend tomorrow getting the kids ready for school, and hopefully we can get to the pool - not much pool time left in the summer. DS has officially started his pre-school depression.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:02 PM   #10  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Went to the fair early & only stayed a couple hours. Not much planned for today. Enjoying the peace & quiet here. No one home but me. Back to the daily grind on Monday. I have enjoyed having the week off, especially with all the stuff going on here. Slept wonderful last night. I have been having terrible insomnia. Anxiety over work and transitioning my son into his apartment. I need to do some serious shopping for me tomorrow!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:16 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone

No, I didn't fall off the face of the earth but I'm flyin' pretty high right now. I woke up early this AM (no suprise!) and by 530 we were on the road to our East Slope house...the lawn needed mowing, Mom could use a check and most importantly, we needed our electric slicer for the upcoming peach season. We decided if we just did a quickie we'd be back for afternoon tomato picking. As I type, we're inside the Eisenhower Tunnel , (1.69m) which was built in 1973 and goes under the Continental Divide at 11,158 ft elevation. The rest of the trip is pretty much downhill....hehe.

Sounds like everyone is having a great day! It is the weekend...a canoe, Ruth, I would have bought that!

PS I did try to say hi this AM, but was having a little connection issue.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 08-21-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Debbie, I hope you made it home safely and in good time. I enjoyed the picture of the tunnel.

Karen, I keep forgetting to comment on your DS, but he's a very good looking guy! I bet he's quite popular with the girls.

I loaded up the dehydrator last night and let it run through the night, and everything is about ready to come out. I have zucchini chips, tomatoes and some hot peppers. I used up the last zucchini in a recipe for Chocolate Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread that I found in Kalyn's Kitchen, and it turned out wonderful. I'll be using that recipe a lot!
Jake has to run by his company's office this afternoon and offered to take me out to dinner if I'd go with him, so no cooking for me today! I do have a mountain of laundry to get done, though, and finish packing for my trip on Friday.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:04 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

YES!!!!! Our trip is Friday. I'm not packing yet but did dig out the suitcase.

The dogs and I curled up on the bed yesterday afternoon for a lovely nap while the rain poured down. It's still doing it this morning so we may do a re-run this afternoon. I am feeling really tired after two horribly busy weeks and my body is hollering "Enough already!" and I'm listening.

Church this morning where we'll hear the final total earned at the Yard Sale. I have yet another cousin coming for coffee, the Mill payroll to finish, a wee nap and then I'm going out to dinner with a friend who does restaurant reviews. Should be great and her newspaper pays for it. Only thing is ... she tells me what to order but I'll force myself to cooperate.

Have a relaxing Sunday, Chickies, taking some time for yourself.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's going to be a very rainy drive home. I suspect there will be lots of coffee stops. I already fixed the computer glitch yesterday's updates caused so I think Mom is set for another 6 weeks. I probably won't be back until Columbus Day weekend so trying to make sure all is running smoothly before I leave.

Cottage - I am so behind on my dehydrating this year. I wonder if I can teach DW to do some of it while she is home.

Ruth - rainy day naps are the best. You need to be energized and ready to play next weekend

See you all when I return to the fast internet!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Thanks Linda. It is hard to be unbiased about your own kids

We went to a party last night and I am just going to be honest and say I ate some crap. Back on plan today. This messing up once or two days a week is really impacting my weight. Sigh. I will be heading out-of-town for a family event in just over 4 weeks and really need to get serious so I can see a bit of progress before then.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote