South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #121  

Height: 5' 10"

Got through day 1 with no problems at all. It was very easy to follow! Now on to day 2.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #122  
Be happy.

Hello everyone - I missed you!
My router died and life was too busy to shop for another one til today. (I was at WalMart when they opened this morning. ) I can check email and things from school, but all forums are blocked so I couldn't check in here and I've really missed instant messaging with my kids. Neither one bothers to phone much but they say hi when they see my IM light come on at night. lol

I'm rushing today, heading to Massachusetts to visit my folks but I wanted to pop in and see how everyone is doing.

I finished phase 1 yesterday, lost exactly 9 pounds. I'm eating whatever my mom fixes for lunch today *gulp* so I stuck to my phase 1 lima beans, V8 and a cheese stick breakfast today. lol

The bad news is that I had a little setback with my foot - walking too much too soon I guess - so I haven't done much walking at all the past few days. I've been able to do the stretching/intro portion of my pilates video so I haven't had to totally give up exercising, but haven't done any cardio.

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by Heidi58; 10-17-2009 at 08:17 AM. Reason: fixed spelling errors :p
Old 10-19-2009, 09:55 AM   #123  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Heidi, great work with P1! Sorry about your router. That can be so frustrating! Will your mom cook something SBD-safe for lunch?

I'm reading SBD: Supercharged right now, and just finished the section on doing too much exercise too soon and how it leads to injuries. Take care of your foot and take it easy on things that hurt it until it heals. The pilates is a great workout and I think some of the exercises (like The Hundred) should count as cardio!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 176/166.2/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Re-starting

I have tried other "diets" and finally must admit (after gaining back 25 pounds, and then some!) that the SB diet (with a couple of my own modifications) is the only way for me. So, here I am, starting fresh on a Monday morning, back on the Beach!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 PM   #125  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Ph1D1 here. I didn't get "breakfast" til later in the day due to testing, but I'm writing it down anyway. Here's what I've had so far/what's planned for today:

B: LS V8, big salad with cottage cheese
S: Cheese stick.
L: Salad made of sauteed veggies, black beans, and edamame
S: Pistachios
D: Fake burger with pepper jack cheese, veggie soup

Making the veggie soup tonight, as well as the Bean Muffins so I have something to eat with my fake sausage patties and V8 in the mornings.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:33 AM   #126  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgal View Post
Heidi, great work with P1! Sorry about your router. That can be so frustrating! Will your mom cook something SBD-safe for lunch?

I'm reading SBD: Supercharged right now, and just finished the section on doing too much exercise too soon and how it leads to injuries. Take care of your foot and take it easy on things that hurt it until it heals. The pilates is a great workout and I think some of the exercises (like The Hundred) should count as cardio!!!
My mom NEVER cooks SBD safe. lol
But it worked out well, they let us take them out for lunch so I was all set. I had a grilled chicken breast and a salad. It was delicious and didn't make it obvious that I'm dieting.

I have the old book and did so well with it last time that I haven't bought the super charged book. My son ordered me the exercise dvd though, as an early Christmas present. I'm anxious for it to arrive.

I injured my foot early this summer, and it's taking so long to get back to normal. I'm on my feet all day at school so that's part of it too, I suppose.

I'm officially done with phase 1 but so far I've still been eating ph 1. It's my oatmeal I've been missing but I've got early bus duty this week so it's easiest to just eat cheese sticks and a V-8 in the car on the way to school since I have to leave 30 minutes earlier this week. I'm REALLY going to enjoy that bowl of oats when I finally get to it.... lol

Have a great day friends!
Old 10-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #127  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezle View Post
Ph1D1 here. I didn't get "breakfast" til later in the day due to testing, but I'm writing it down anyway. Here's what I've had so far/what's planned for today:

B: LS V8, big salad with cottage cheese
S: Cheese stick.
L: Salad made of sauteed veggies, black beans, and edamame
D: Fake burger with pepper jack cheese, veggie soup

Making the veggie soup tonight, as well as the Bean Muffins so I have something to eat with my fake sausage patties and V8 in the mornings.
That lunch salad sounds really good!
Old 10-20-2009, 07:18 AM   #128  

I'm now on day 5 of P1. Doing well. I really have not had many cravings at all -- this does surprize me. I'm happy!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Paula, Isn't it amazing how Phase 1 banishes your cravings?

stega*luna! I'm glad you're back!

Heidi, be sure not to stay on Phase 1 much longer! You're body needs the added nutrients that you'll get on Phase 2, where the true weightloss begins.

Everyone here is doing so well, and it's great to hear from you!
Old 10-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #130  
Reluctant Adult

Another re-starter here... also on Day 5.

I marked the 2-year anniversary of my husband's death this past Saturday, and somehow, now, the time to move forward finally feels right. Being fat gave me a safe cocoon for grieving, but it's time to get on with life as it is before me -- not as I wish it could be.

So far so good. I love SB because it makes so much sense, it's easy to follow and it addresses the physical cravings that can throw me so far off track. The emotional ones, well... that's up to me, but I'm feeling much more ready to handle those now. If so, you're all stuck with me for a long time till I get this tonnage off me!!

May even pick up my guitar again this week.

Rae
Old 10-20-2009, 07:36 PM   #131  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Ph1D2 -

B: LS V8, fake sausage patty
S: cheese stick
L: Veggie soup, fake bacon, cottage cheese
D: Taco Salad w/ romaine, RF refried beans, soy crumbles, LF cheese, LF sour cream, salsa
S: 2 SF Reese's PB Cups
Old 10-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #132  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post

Heidi, be sure not to stay on Phase 1 much longer! You're body needs the added nutrients that you'll get on Phase 2, where the true weightloss begins.
Has that changed from the original book? (That's the only one I have.) As I recall it says you can stay in ph 1 longer than 2 weeks if you wish, but the danger is that you'll get bored....

I'm eating well and taking a multi-vitamin so for now I feel comfortable that I'm getting the nutrients I need. I'll probably start adding over the weekend. This is an amazingly busy week for me with early bus duty and staff training after school til 6 pm. It's easiest to just stick with what I know this week. lol
Old 10-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #133  

Hi all! Its day 7 of p1 for me. Tomorrow is my wi day. So far the scale is moving down. I was having a horrible time with my weight jumping all over the place - it was very discouraging. But is no longer bumping up, its steady and moving down!! WOO HOO.. The better thing is I feel totally in control!!

My new favorite night time snack -- I mix 2 big spoonfuls of low fat ricotta with 2 big spoonfuls of plain/ff yogurt, add splenda and coco powder. Mix it all up. YUMMY. Very filling and chocolate.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:59 AM   #134  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

so what do I do with this greek yogurt stuff? I've always had blueberry activia (my fav) but I bought the plain greek yogurt. I'm a bit worried I won't like it.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #135  

I HATE plain greek yoghurt by itself -far too bland for me- but it's great stirred through hot dishes to add a bit of a creamy flavour.
Closed Thread