South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 03:38 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 138/135.6/128

Height: 5'8 1/2

I started the SBD today instead of Sunday because there's no time like the present to start. Day 1 went well:

B: 2 egg omelette w/ mushrooms, peppers, onions, slice light cheese
L: light yogurt, stir fry with ground beef (drained)
D: grilled mushrooms, 4 oz. steak
S: pistachios, 2 light cheese wedges

What do you all think about my meals?
Old 04-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

well, yesterday I did okay, except i forgot my lunch and had to buy a sandwich at work because options are very limited there. otherwise, i did well, and today i'm right on track.
B: 2 hard boiled eggs
S: lf cheese stick
L: salad w/ chickpeas (3/4 cup, about 3 oz - vegetarian protien )
S: celery w/ peanut butter
D: veggie burger grilled and topped with tomato and avocado slices, heart of palm "potato" salad

feeling good so far and looking forward to sticking to it for the long run (as I watch my 2 year old lick the ketchup off his plate ~sigh~)
Old 04-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #93  

S/C/G: SW: 207/CW: 202/GW: 177

Height: 5'4"

My schedule is so different on the weekends and I wasn't able to do the B-S-L-S-D like normal. Well, I could have but I would have had to stay up really late! So yesterday I made a larger breakfast than normal (at 11 *blush*), had a snack and then a big salad for dinner. I really wasn't too hungry though and had lots of water. Today, I was up earlier than yesterday but still missed out on lunch (I was driving), had a cheesestick on the road so that a weak moment wouldn't win at the gas station...but then I just now ate dinner at 9pm (get home, cook, etc.)...weekdays are so much easier to be on task!!! Hopefully my metabolism isn't mad at me - we'll find out on the scale tomorrow...Day 1 of week 2!

P.S. Chicken Dijon is YUMMY!

Happy Losing!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 194/186/154

Height: 5'7''

It's relatively hard to stick to the plan on weekends for me, too. Everyone is at home (3 kids + dh), and we're either having company, or visiting, plus the kids' classes and sports activities... in other words, lots of distraction. I find that if I KNOW well in advance what my pitfalls may be, I'm better at managing them.
I am only 3 lbs. down for the first week, which is normal for me. I have to remind myself that I do Ph1 not so much to lose weight, but to get my eating habits and carb cravings under control.

Madridguiri - your menu looks a lot like mine, but I can tell you're not a big veggie fan (same here). If you added a serving of vegetables to your dinner - you'd get a more filling and nutritious meal. I have to MAKE myself add veggies, it doesn't come naturally to me.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #95  

Hey, chicks. I don't know what day I'm on! 3 maybe? Yes, its 3. got a pretty big headache today. I don't think I've drank as much water as I should have, or maybe it was the beer I drank last night. I don't know why, I haven't drank in over a week, I guess I just felt like it. Headache to thank for it today. I hope it doesn't affect my weight loss too much. I never drank on P1 before, but it never seemed to affect my P1-1/2 or P2. Oh, well. What's done is done. Looking forward to making yummy eggplant lasagna for dinner with homemade tomato sauce. Comfort food! Right now though, is nap time.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:10 PM   #96  

Today was my 1st day of Phase 1
B: Spinanch Quiche
S:Celery and Laughing Cow cheese
L: Grilled Portobella Cap, tomato, shredded ff cheddar, and garlic aioli in boston lettuce cups.
S: Slice of turkey and glass of milk
D: Chicken stuffed with spinanch (Really didnt eat much), black beans, mashed califlower.
D: Vanilla Ricotta and milk

I really hope that I feel better tomorrow, as I felt awful today. I had to leave work early. I really want this to work.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:26 PM   #97  

S/C/G: SW: 207/CW: 202/GW: 177

blueeyes -

Day 1 was actually the hardest for me...I had a headache and felt bad all day. Day 2 had a linger of the headache but not too bad. Day 3 in the afternoon I had a "moment" where I felt like I had to have sugar or else I just talked myself out of that nonsense .

Good luck! I'm on Day 1 of week 2 and things are going great, just stick with it!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:21 PM   #98  

Thanks for the encourgement. I made it through my first day!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #99  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

blueeyes make sure you get some beans in it really helps. unfortunately i was so used to drinking pop i would get headaches so i just drank a cup of coffee to get rid of them and i'm not a coffee drinker.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #100  

Oh, man! I have the worst headache. It never really went away from yesterday. Guess it wasn't the beer after all. Seems like a case of the sb flu. I eat beans daily, and dairy too. I seem to recall having a hard time the last time I did P1 also. i will manage, of course. Today's meal plan:
(I wake up at 3 am to get to work by 4:30, so my snack is before breakfast)

S: lf cheese stick
B: 2 hard boiled eggs
L: lettuce wraps with tofurky and tomato slices, lf mayo & spicy brown mustard
S: cucumber & tomatoes w/white vinegar & olive oil; 4 slices fake bacon
D: chickpea and black bean curry - some kind of veggie, haven't decided yet
Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 151.5/149.9/135

Hello chickees!

After a totally over-indulgent vacation, I am back to P1 for a spell... here is how today is shaping out...

B: 2 eggs with LF cheddar, sliced tomato
S: Cottage Cheese
L: Salad with ham & swiss, iced latte
S: Almonds
D: Ratatouille with feta and lamb, salad
S: "Mock" milkshake (milk, ice, SF kaluha coffee syrup)

I miss fruit already
Old 04-24-2009, 06:15 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 138/135.6/128

Height: 5'8 1/2

So I was getting constipated and uninspired with the food. I moved on the P2 a week early. I can't eat any white bread, pasta or pastries anyway because I have celiac disease, so in my daily life I follow SBD pretty well.

My only real problem is chips, and sugary candy. My first official weigh is tomorrow, so we'll see if a modified P1 (aka P2) works.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #103  

hey chicks. headache finally went away yesterday, now i'm waiting for the ravenous hunger to subside. kind of binged on cheese sticks the other night, and yesterday it was nuts (in the form of peanut butter celery and chopped pecans in yogurt). I'm starving right now, even after a big bowl of yogurt. I know i'm eating enough, i don't know why i'm so hungry. here's what today looks like so far:
B: 2 hardboiled eggs
L: (lunch was 2 hours after breakfast for me today) tofurkey slices, tomato slices, lf mayo and spicy brown mustard wrapped in romaine leaves
S: another hardboiled egg, a serving and a half of nonfat plain yogurt with chopped pecans, splenda cinnamon and nutmeg
*thinking about another snack before dinner, since its only 2 pm.
D: probably a veggie burger and a salad

maybe i didn't eat as much as i thought today - guess i'll go investigate a snack
Old 04-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #104  

well, after my last post i had some sliced fake bacon, and tomatoes with fresh basil oil and vinegar. I felt a lot better, and took a nice long nap. for dinner I had a veggie burger on a bed of lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, little oil and lemon juice, and a side of grilled yellow zucchini squash. That was nice and filling, but its been almost 2 hours since that and I'm hungry again! ~big sigh~
Old 04-25-2009, 06:21 PM   #105  

Where is everybody?! Anyway, day 7 for me, feeling really good. Not too hungry yet, went grocery shopping for the week, and have lots of good recipes to try. Ready for week 2! Not stepping on the scale until next Sunday, when hopefully TOM's bloat is gone, and 2 weeks of phase 1 show me a number that doesn't hurt
Closed Thread