South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #136  
barb

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone...Day 4 and feeling good. I even passed up choc today!
I made up some turkey bacon and have been nibbling on that to day.

Break--shake, 2 turkey bacon
snack--LF cheese and walnuts
lunch---soup, jello
snack--nuts and bacon
dinner, fish califlower mashed, salad
snack...lf yogurt

I hope I am doing good, I feel amazing!!! Love the fact that only good things have gone in this body!!! Plus I worked out today and got some weight training in..

Jenny congrads on the self control....
Old 01-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #137  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Here's my menu for today

B- 1/4 egg beaters w/ peppers, mushrooms, onions
2 slices turkey bacon
S- 2 deviled eggs
L- 3 turkey rollups (lettuce, FF lunchmeat turkey, laughing cow light wedge cheese)
S- cheese stick
pistachios (30)
D- london broil, cabbage and onions, northern beans
D- SF fudgecicles

I still hope I'm not eating too much food...Anyone know?

Also, did anyone see my earlier post about dry beans in the crockpot, I'm just wondering how to fix them.

It looks like everyone is doing great. I can't wait to weigh in on Friday..I didn't think I would ever say that..LOL
Old 01-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Karen, your menu looks just fine. On Phase 1 you should eat until you feel satisfied. As for cooking beans, I like to cook mine with onion, garlic, and use vegetable broth instead of water. I wasn't a big fan of beans, either, until I started cooking them this way. Now I love them.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #139  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello chicks

I'm doing well and very happy Today is one week for me. I've had no SB Flu symptoms at all, and am happy to have made new friends with cannelloni beans, LOL!

Have to let you know, I made the ricotta dessert (no-fat ricotta), splenda buzzed in the processor; and sprinkled straight cinnamon and a little dusting of unsweetened cocoa powder on top; and packed it for lunch dessert at work. Well I got busy and didn't get to eat it that day; so I had it the following afternoon, and it was sooooo good! The texture was just amazing. I told myself it was tiramisu

Hi raebear and welcome! I am so sorry for your loss. Best wishes with being on SB, I think this is the best way to try to beat down those intense carb cravings. With me, the less I have, the less I crave. It also helps me to keep re-reading the book ( I have the first edition)

Continued good luck to everyone!

Last edited by VermontMom; 01-06-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 301/301/165

Height: 5'8"

VermontMom... congratz on getting through the first week!

Karen that menu looks good to me

djmommy keep up the good work and thanks

Chelby. me too.. and thanks!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #141  
Reluctant Adult

Hi, mythreesons and VermontMom, thanks for the warm welcome. Looks like you're both doing well on the plan so far!

My Day 2 is going fine so far. One thing I really struggle with is that I work from home, and the "snack bar" is just so close by. I need to modify my behaviors to keep out of the kitchen except for mealtimes and when I'm actually hungry, and I need to learn how to choose things that are good for me instead of junk. On the positive side, my "junk" is all homemade and virtually all my food comes from my own efforts, so I'm hoping it's more a matter of substituting whole wheat flour for white flour for baking breads and brown rice for white... like that. Having a big garden every year is a massive help to this caper, as is keeping my own livestock for meat and chickens for both eggs and meat. And all the poo-shoveling contributes to my physical well-being! (Or so I tell myself.)

Breakfast: The other half of the vegetable frittata I made yesterday.
Snack: 1/2 cup lowfat plain yogurt with Splenda and vanilla.
Lunch: 1/4 portion of the Taco Bake (excellent recipe!)
Snack: 1 oz dry roasted pleanuts
Dinner: I'm not sure yet, but it will involve lean meat and steamed green beans.
Snack: A cup of hot cocoa made with Splenda instead of sugar.

No headache today, just a continued urge to go seek out unhealthful starchy foods from the kitchen. It feels kind of like quitting smoking. And yes, I've done that, too... 21 years ago.

All the best to everyone, Rae
Old 01-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #142  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

B- 2 eggs, Turkey Bacon, 1 cup of milk
S- Peanuts
L- Taco bake, broccoli
S- Boiled Egg, string cheese, V8
D- Chicken, Pepper Mix, Spinach and Romaine salad w/cheese and FF Ranch

How is my meal today? Got veggies with every meal but Breakfast! Got plenty of unhealthy chocolates from my students today. I never even broke the wrapper. I pawned them off on the first people I could find! I guess there IS a first time for everything!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:58 PM   #143  

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, here in Philippines our rice is white. Brown rice is not normally eaten, because of the wooden taste and generally more expensive than the white. Almost all of our food here is rice based so hence.. the hard part waaaah.

Anyway, thanks for the tip on my meal plan the other day. I totally threw out the tapioca pudding. Here's my menu for today

Bfast: Egg cups w/ decaf coffee
Snack: Nuts
Lunch: grilled ostrich fillet with ****ake mushroom
Snack: Cheese slices
Dinner: Salmon teriyaki
Dessert: S/F mocha cream cup

Sigh. I miss pizza
Old 01-06-2009, 10:30 PM   #144  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherMcG View Post
B- 2 eggs, Turkey Bacon, 1 cup of milk
S- Peanuts
L- Taco bake, broccoli
S- Boiled Egg, string cheese, V8
D- Chicken, Pepper Mix, Spinach and Romaine salad w/cheese and FF Ranch

How is my meal today? Got veggies with every meal but Breakfast! Got plenty of unhealthy chocolates from my students today. I never even broke the wrapper. I pawned them off on the first people I could find! I guess there IS a first time for everything!

Heather, make sure the FF ranch does not contain sugar. Check the ingredients label. Many FF dressings contain added sugars. Better to use a reduced fat or healthy oil dressing in limited amounts.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:06 AM   #145  

I finished Day 2. My downfall is always night-time eating. My DH goes to bed a lot earlier than I do and I always seem to roam into the kitchen after he goes up. Well, tonight I got the hungries but fortunately had made a huge pot of the Carraba's Sausage and Lentil soup that was posted in the recipe section. I probably ate way too much of it, but it was delicious, and a better choice than what I would have otherwise picked!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:53 AM   #146  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Pinay - try pizzas on portabellos or the famous deep dish spaghetti squash pie. Either one will help satisfy that pizza craving.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #147  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Pinay -- I made the Ph1 stuffed mushrooms on portobello mushrooms and it was TOTALLY like pizza
Old 01-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #148  

Height: 5'1"

Question THE NEW SB Supercharged diet book and recipe book

Hey all...does anyone have these books? I am waiting and should be getting them from Amazon in the next week. Let me know your thoughts! Good and Bad.

I want to lose 10-15 pounds and I have struggled with this weight all my life. I am very short...5'1" and all my weight is in my lower half. Sounds familiar?! LOL

I made a little new years ressie that I would do no less than 30 mins. of exercise 5 times a week. I have a bike, different tapes/dvd's and plus a treadmill which I find totally BORING and it does nothing for me.

What are your exercise suggestions for thinning out my ITALIAN lower half for once in my life??? Yeah, I know...LIPO! LOLOL

Thanks a bunch everyone!
Old 01-07-2009, 01:50 PM   #149  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Taben,

As an Italian myself, I have a very round bottom but a combination of cycling (competitive), running (not so competitive) and swimming have done wonders for streamlining that area. I'm much less pear shaped and more hourglass shaped when I do those things.

I also try to get in strength training (light weight/high reps) for the lower half. It defines my legs and butt area and as we all know, a toned big butt looks a heck of a lot better than a flabby big butt.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:03 PM   #150  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
as we all know, a toned big butt looks a heck of a lot better than a flabby big butt.
I think someone should use this as a cross stitch pattern

I'm also Italian but the older I get the more evenly distributed the abundance becomes
Closed Thread