South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 07:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It sounds like everyone is enjoying their holiday.

Everyone has just left and the kitchen is all cleaned and the dishwasher is swishing away. It was a nice day, and I've discovered that having so much food around just makes me not want it. Crazy, I know, but I haven't even had much of an appetite. I did have a small slice of cheesecake for dessert, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.
Tomorrow we're going to DD's for a 2nd Christmas, as they spent the day today with their in-laws.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:17 PM   #17  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Good evening! Whew, what a day! After staying up until 3am, and getting up at 8am, I am exhausted!
Well, the train was... drumroll..... A HUGE HIT!! I snuck downstairs before the kids and turned the train on and had the video camera rolling. The instant he came into the family room, he ran to the train table and yelled "It's the train from Menards!!" (Didn't even notice it wasn't the exact same one!) Then started doing a little dance saying, "It is the best day ever!" He ran to the tree and they began openeing their gifts. The sound effects where the best. So many cheers and squeals. It made every second of prepration worth it. I live for Christmas morning! He didn't spend every second on the train this morning, which I was surprised. He jumped between that and a few other gifts, oddly additions to a train set we already had. Told you we love trains here! Everyone that called to wish us a Merry Christmas got an earful about the new train. We even have a few dates scheduled for this weekend for family to come by and check it out!
DD was just as thrilled with every one of her gifts. My brother bought her a Hello Kitty tent, and when we got home, she filled the tent with all of her gifts from Santa. Protecting them I guess! It was a great day. We are high on sugar, Grandma's Christmas cookies and the holiday spirit. I couldn't have asked for a better day! I'll post a picture shortly of DS with his train. I think his grin says it all.
Enjoy the rest of your night! I'll be in dreamland soon enough.
---
Got the pictures uploaded. One is DD with her favorite, MINNIE! And DS with the famous train!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03995-1.jpg (27.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04004-1.jpg (30.5 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Jenskihere; 12-25-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:29 PM   #18  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Merry merry merry merry Christmas! I miss you all dearly- it will probably take some time for me to catch up with everyone.... we have family coming in-and in two doses! first being from teh 26-2nd then the 4-6th.... good times though! It isn't the best time for dieting so I have decided to be careful form the now to the 31st, but come the first I am pledging one CLEAN month!I am just too afraid of discouraging myself despite the making excuses slogan I have......
Hope everyone had a great Christmas, and I will be back- a few lbs heavier ready to burn them all off with you chicas!!!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 12:00 AM   #19  

Brian's Dad wasn't at the assisted living center. They said he was visiting friends in The Colony so we knew where he was. I had Brian call over there and then I dropped him off around 3:30 and picked him up at 8. It's a half hour drive from home if I take the Tollways. I wasn't thrilled with doing it but Brian got to play with their sixth grade boy. I'm not sure how much is Dad really talked to him since he said his Dad didn't ask about the campout last weekend or Winter Camp coming up Saturday or school. Or even when he would see him next. Oh, well, nothing I can do about that.

Kiko - Glad to hear Megan got a nap! I remember those napless days and they were never pleasant.
Closed Thread