South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:54 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have stuck to the plan for the last two days. Yay! It has been challenging as I am a big bread eater and drink a lot of soda. I have to change all of that as my doc tested my blood sugar and it was too high so I am trying South Beach.

Marianna - The information on how blood sugar levels influence a person's willpower.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:46 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, Jo! After a few days on Phase 1, it will get easier and easier to resist that bread and soft drinks. Good luck to you!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #33  

Hi Jo I hope that the first few weeks are good for you! I know they can be tough, but it's worth it. Good Luck!

Just heading off to bed soon. Today wasn't so great, but my food was limited in the house and I couldn't get to the market. Will stock up on vege early in the morning before heading out to study for the day. Hope you all have a good day
Old 10-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #34  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

I picked up the Super Charged SB book from the library yesterday. After my tooth woes this week, I slipped farther and farther. This is just what I needed this week to get back on track.
Hope you are having a great Friday!
Old 10-17-2008, 03:55 PM   #35  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

i'm returning and new...

hi again! this is like the 1 millionth time i started SBD. i hope this time, i can make better choices!

day was day 5, i started on monday, and i feel good. hope everyone is having a great week!
Old 10-18-2008, 01:49 AM   #36  

Jen... I hope the supercharged book is just what you are after Also hope the tooth stuff is on the mend.

dcapulet... welcome back

I am feeling pretty good today chickies! I am at uni, have done a few good walks in between writing and was able to purchase a yummo salmon omlette and massive salad from one of the cafes to get me through. Feeling much better and the bloating would appear to be going... ahhh how delightful

Wishing you all well
Old 10-18-2008, 04:29 AM   #37  

hi girl : ),

I was so tempted to start a thread and say, Cottage, Ruth, where are you? Yes, I am a bit of a troublemaker sometimes, but all in good fun.

Well, today is day 1 of week 3. I weighed in this moring and lost another 2 lbs. so that's a total of a 7 lb. loss the first 2 weeks. I am very happy with that. I have been mentally preparing myself for a slowdown in weightloss from here on in (though i hope to squeeze out a 2lb. loss until t hanksgiving).

Jo, welcome keep up the great work!

Marianna, hi girl : ) I have to go to the market too! I was supposed to today but got so caught up with chores around here, I am going in the morning. Thank god I cooked extra chicken the other n ihgt and made a dish for dinner. Had the leftover haddock for lunch. Hope you have a good day too .

Hi jens, that's super you got a hold of the book. It's inspiring isn't it? Hope they took care of your tooth and your feeling better.

Hi dcapulet, welcome back : )

Marianna, that sounds like a very nice lunch or dinner! I am glad that your feeling better, wtg!

As for me , I had a lot to do around here today. I went for a 40 minute walk with DH after work. I was sooooo lazy to start, feel like I have a cold coming on, but once I got going it felt so good. I have been keeping a daily log of what I eat, exercise, etc. My first week was very good as I managed to get in 6 walks but last week only 2!. My focus now will be to just work on the walking and slowly add the starches in, very slowly!

It's so nice to hear from you all, I hope you had a great night and awaken to a good day tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:30 AM   #38  

correctionnnnnnnn....hope to squeeze out a 2 lb. loss per week until Thanksgiving.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:55 AM   #39  

7 pounds... woot for you
Old 10-18-2008, 10:03 AM   #40  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

FSA, are you planning to convert yourself over to Phase 2 now that your two weeks on Phase 1 are complete?
Old 10-18-2008, 07:53 PM   #41  

Weird.. but good. Despite all of the overeating and offplan eating I managed to lose 2.3 kilos during the two weeks How lovely.

But I think I will stick to P1 for another week or so as I haven't really done it properly.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend. So far I have been doing pretty well with the diet just having some cravings for sweets.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #43  

Hi girls : )

Hey zef : ), Yes , I plan to transition into ph2 following the suggested transition the first week like adding 1 serving a day of the grains, I picked up a cantaloupe too to add some fruit in. I did very well friday but already mucked it up last night (having more than 1 serving) and am very consciense of not taking the newfound flexibility and running with it! I plan to be very stict with it the remainder of the week and see what happens weightwise at the end of the week. From there, I plan to go slower than that which is suggested in the book (though they just give that as an example). I am in no hurry to get to 3 serving, I really don't think I would lose weight at that point so I guess I will just stick with one serv. this week and see how it goes and take it from there. How did the transition process go for you?

Mariannaaa, congrats on the 2.3 kilos loss! That's super

Hi Jo : ) keep up the great work. What day are you on now?

I hope you all having a great weekend too. I stocked up on groceries the other day and have my meals planned for the next 3 days.
It's been nice and sunny here though it's starting to get chilly, brrrr! It's windy today so you can really feel the chill in the air. I'm going to need to bundle up for that walk with DH later. Fortunately, I have a treadmill but I like to get outdoors when the weather permits.
Hope you all have a great day
Old 10-20-2008, 06:43 PM   #44  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Closed. Here's the link to the new thread.
Closed Thread