3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Phase I Chick-Check - Week of October 13 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/153941-phase-i-chick-check-week-october-13-a.html)

Ruthxxx 10-13-2008 07:55 AM

Phase I Chick-Check - Week of October 13

This thread is for all new and returning Phase I folks.

Please post your successes, problems and helpful hints in this thread where we can all share. If you are new, feel free to join in - there's lots of support here.

Here's the link to the old thread.

FullSteamAhead 10-13-2008 10:04 AM

Good morning ladies : )

Femme, I can't wait for that day. I so look forward to that time. Ty for your support and encouragement :) It means a lot. Have a fun and relaxing time on your day off tomorrow.

It was a very good weekend here, OPwise and otherwise. Yesterday, mom came over to go to the fall harvest festival with us. We went leaf peeping first, the foliage is beautiful here, though we are still not at peak. We did quite a bit of walking in and around town, it was a beautiful and sunny day. THe food vendors were there of course and the aromas wafting through the mild breeze smelled pretty darn good. I found that it wasn't too bothersome in the form of temptation, I had my lunch prior to going. I make it a point to not go anywhere hungry and I'm sure this helps.

Oh , oh! I can't forget to mention that we walked to a nearby bookstore in search of my SBD book. I found it! They had one copy of the SBD supercharged and I was so excited. I stayed up late reading the book, I just like it sooo much! It is very well written and explanatory and is a motivator. I'm very happy that I chose the SBD to follow, I couldn't have picked a better and healthier plan for me.

Wishing you all a great day :)

Skandia 10-13-2008 10:30 AM

Good morning all! I know I popped in last week, and then disappeared, lol, I tend to do that, things get a bit overwhelming from time to time! However, I'm rearing to go this morning, already made my beachy waffle, breakfast has always been a hurdle for me! so yay me, lol! Started taking the wee one for a walk last week and upped my water intake, my two mini goals, and actually dropped a couple lbs in the process :)

Looking forward to a wonderful week one on Ph 1!!!

Sandi

FullSteamAhead 10-13-2008 11:25 AM

Hi Sandi, welcome :) I know what you mean about breakfast, it has always been a hurdle for me too. Yay you on the breakfast :carrot: Those "beachy waffle" things seem pretty popular from what I see here. Congratulations on the lbs. lost last week and accomplishing your goals :carrot: I have been drinking a lot of water too and it seems to really be helping me with my weight loss and hunger factor. At this point, I did start noticing I was tiring of it a bit though and slacking off somewhat on my consumption of it so I bought my fav. ginseng tea, brewed it, and made ice tea with it....mixing it up a bit.

Wishing you a happy and successful day and feel free to post along the way. lol :) That wasn't meant to rhyme but it did.

Jenskihere 10-13-2008 03:29 PM

Hello everyone! Well, after a few planned splurges this weekend, I don't feel as in control as I was. So I started back on phase 1 for a few days to kick the cravings and get my mind back in the game. I really want to reach my goal this month! :-)
What is different about the super charged book??

GONNABE165 10-13-2008 03:43 PM

Jen the supercharged book has the added foods that the original book did not include as well as some changes on servings etc. It also has a focus on exercise/fitness.

Scarlett 10-13-2008 04:05 PM

I just went back on Phase1, after a few minor cheats during a stressful week turned into getting compleatly off plan. I tried to get back on phase 1 a few times but would give in pretty soon. It's been about 4 months since I've seriously been on this diet. This time I'm sticking with it, I know it..I'm focused now. If anything I can't AFFORD the weekly trips to the bar and subway anymore.

I'm on Day 4, and finally the headaches and crap have gone away and I have more energy. Hopefully more focus as well, as I need to get some serious school work done this next week. Planning your meals definately takes the stress of "I'm hungry now, what am I going to eat" away.

FullSteamAhead 10-13-2008 07:17 PM

Hi everyone : )

Jens, congratulations on reaching your first mini goal :carrot: I'm not sure about the complete difference between the older versions and this one (aside from the updated food lists) as my old book is out of date and yet to be found! I just checked and see that Ruth has recently updated the food lists, so that they are up to date with the new book. He also includes some exercises and suggests interval training to help speed up weight loss. I really enjoyed reading the personal accounts and success stories throughout the book, so motivating! He added a few new recipes plus some of the old favorite ones.

For those of you that may be new or unfamiliar with it, under the SBD forum section...go to SBD frequently asked questions and then click on the sticky reading phase1 food list, etc. and the updated list is there.

Hi Scarlett : ), that's great that your on day 4! For me, just starting and then those first few days can be toughest. I'm glad that your headaches have gone away and that your feeling better. I felt so tired the first week but I didn't sleep good the first few nights either....was hungry and craving but had to break myself of the late night eating.
I totally agree about pre planning the meals, sure does help! It was always the times that I didn't have my meals planned or ingredients on hand that I would get into trouble. It keeps my mind from wandering to other foods when I start getting hungry if I already know what I'm having....hm, not all the time though! I had visions of a no no food last night!

As for me ladies, it was a good day OP wise but TOM reared it's ugly head and not feeling so good due to that so I didn't go on that walk with DH tonight. I hope I feel better tomorrow, I want to get out for a walk...it's supposed to be a beautiful day. Last night I had carb cravings and for a particular food, I dont think TOM helped in that dept. I just tried to put it out of my head and sip on water. I had some beans tonight to try and stifle that son of a bug carb craving, lol. You know, it seemed to work. Thank goodness for the boards here and the ladies sharing info and helpful tips.

Hope everyone is having a nice night. Tomorrow is a new day, may it be a good day for all of us.......one day at a time! :)

Marianna 10-13-2008 07:33 PM

Hi everyone... I am back from my trip, but stopped doing P1 while away. I found it hard to write as I felt a bit lethargic, so I added a few P2 vegies back in and a piece of fruit a day. I felt much better for it. I think the little old brain needed some more readily available energy to get the job done :)

I am feeling good on a P1.5 so I think I will stick to it.

I hope everyone is travelling along well!

FullSteamAhead 10-13-2008 07:42 PM

Hi Marianna :) welcome back from your trip! I'm glad that ph. 1.5 did the trick and that your feeling better : ). Nice to have you back.

Marianna 10-13-2008 07:59 PM

Hi, Glad to be back actually :) I stayed in the hinterland in a small cottage and while I didn't get far enough along to write much, I did get loads of research done and it was nice to just have a break from all of the pressures at home for a few days! Twas bliss.

It was interesting while I was away that my usual triggers for food weren't apparent. I ate when I was hungry, went for walks when I felt like it and slept whenever I was tired. I realised how much being a mamma and a wife can add extra layers to the food/body/exercise dynamic. I realised I don't necessarily follow my own body's tide as it were and am more pulled by others in my day to day stuff. So it was an excellent lesson for me to have a few days of listening to myself.

I had a friend make homemade nacho's one night for dinner and I just had a few corn chips (probably a good handful) and was surprised at the reaction my body had to it - lots of cravings afterwards, felt shaky and slept badly. Interesting I thought that when I don't do SBD that I consider those things to just be normal for how I feel.

It made me realise that doing SBD isn't about deprivation... I may *give up* some food choices in the short term, but I am actually gaining far more in wellbeing and vitality than I am losing in crappy fluffy carb stuff.

Jenskihere 10-13-2008 09:41 PM

Isn't it amazing how great you feel when you are OP? I know I am anyway. And those cravings creep back easily when I go off program. I had a few small planned cheats in this past weekend, and they really brought the cravings back. I got up early and hit the gym. I drank a ton of water and stayed mostly with phase 1 food choices today to try to calm those cravings. These little things helped today!
I requested the Super Charged book from the library today. I'll browse thru it to look at the exercise suggestions. I am at the gym anyway, might as well give the siggested exercises a try!

FullSteamAhead 10-13-2008 10:50 PM

Hi girls, it's so cool having you here. Tonight my hormones are doing flip flops so please excuse any erratic behavior, lolol :)

Listen, Im taking note. What you are all saying about having a taste of this or that and it bringing on cravings etc. Im so afraid of that! I really am! This thursday is my last day of week 2 and all in all I would rate the carb attacks in frequency and duration so much less and severe than any other diet i have been on in my life! Still yet, I ahve the jitters about 1.5! but at the same time its something I am looking forward to. Im glad you gals are here and we can exchange experiences, etccc.

Marianna, it sounds like your time away was so neat! Ty for sharing with us. I noticed that my trigger foods werent so powerful either! amazing! THis plan really works and I love the science behind it. this a deprivation diet? by no means! Feels so good to not torture myself and to eat sensibly for a change. I am losing weight, and doing it on a plan that is livable! No more starvation! I just love it!

Hi Jens : ), sounds like your rocking, keep up the great work! Good for you for getting up an d hitting the gym and all that stufff, you are all an isnpiraton to me! :)

I look forward to our journey together, day by day! let's keep it rocking :carrot:

FullSteamAhead 10-14-2008 09:20 AM

Goodmorning ladies : )

Just popped in to say hi and wish everyone a happy and successful day.

dasmith2 10-14-2008 01:54 PM

Hey everyone :-) Busy here with the kids. I've had an ok week so far, had a bad day with some binging on pumpkin donuts but I'm back on track. Making my meals ahead of time-so I'm not tempted with the convenience foods! Looking forward to putting some fruit into my diet! Bananas are my fav. but I'm not ready for them yet :-) too many carbs.
I also need to improve on the exercise. I know that will really help with the weight loss!!! Hope everyone is doing great! And if you're not, just keep trying!! You'll get there :-D