South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:11 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 283-261/198/140

Height: 5'2"

Well I have 2 days left of phase one this time around.(third time!) I went back to phase one this time because I was on a plateau for months and I could not just cut something out I needed to start from scratch and get clean. I have not stepped on the scale since I started, that is not what I was needing this time around. Not that I won't be checking on Sunday! I don't know if I am ready to go to phase 2 on Sunday but I will and I will only add a fruit to phase one for next week. Blueberries once a day for a week. I will be looking ahead for the next week when I add either 1 wheat or oat food. I have a question about that by the way, can I have wheat one day and oat one day or is it better to do wheat once a day for a week and then add oat later? And if I add just one do I keep eating the same thing(pita or tortilla) for a week or can it be switched daily? Still have not figured that one out so any advice is welcomed. I read the post that Ruth highlighted and what Zeffryn had posted and I think (hope) that these will help. Like the other posters say phase 1 is about stopping the cravings and getting a clean start on your change of life eating(that is what I told my kid and have my kids believing and telling people when they ask).
Old 07-18-2008, 06:55 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 281/240/140

Height: 5"4"

WhiteRabbit, I know how disappointing it is when you don’t lose weight and it seems that others are losing faster and more! I have to agree with the others, you are doing great! As Ruth said, think in percentages, if you had 20 lbs to lose and have lost 5 that is a wonderful 25%, whereas my goal is 100 lbs (to my first goal) and for me to lose 25% would mean 25 lbs and I’m no where losing that on P1. If I think about it like that, I could get very depressed myself. <g> Stick with it, this is a wonderful, healthy way of life and the benefits will far outweigh the number on the scale.

Sunshine, I did some research yesterday and found they will be starting a water aerobics class after school starts at our HS pool. It seems it will be starting at 8 pm after the swim team is done. The joys of small town living! But I’m excited and looking forward to that.

Elizabeth, congratulations on completing W1 and on your wt. loss! Everyone is different and your weight loss will reflect that. Remember that P1 is about losing the cravings for processed foods we eat. That is the real goal! The book shows those who are extreme examples in my opinion, they are used as a marketing tool. For each of those who lost huge amounts, I bet there are 4 or 5 who have smaller losses. Stick with it!

Twynn, thanks for sharing that! I had to laugh about your co-worker!

Sunflower, from what I understand, it’s suggested to add 1 food each week, to see if your cravings return or you start gaining. If your body can’t handle it, then you will know that it is that food. If you add more than 1 a week, and have problems you won’t know which one it is. I start P2 on Monday, and I’m really looking forward to blueberries too! That is what I’m adding! Can’t wait!

Yesterday was a good day. My co-workers ordered pizza and wings for lunch and I looked at it, closed the box back up and said “no thanks”. It really didn’t appeal to me.
I did notice that after I had finished my salad, I felt unsatisfied. I wasn’t hungry. Had a SF lifesaver and that didn’t help, got a stick of gum and got busy. Had some yogurt and cherry tomatoes for my snack, still had this feeling that I wasn’t satisfied. I didn’t give in to the feeling. Ate supper, the chicken parm from the recipe section (my family loves it) and was fine the rest of the night. It wasn’t a craving for anything in particular, just a nagging feeling like I was missing something. Psychological? Anyway I got by it.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hugs, Pat
Old 07-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 170/163/135

Height: 5'2"

Second day on the plan. I've done Atkins before, but never tried SB! Can't wait to start seeing results.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

Default Pat

I had the exact same feeling when I was on phase 1....missing something. I just suffered through it and now I don't have it. I have been on phase 2 for 2 weeks. I have also added calorie counting this week and I am seeing my weight drop better, I have lsot 8 pounds. I think using both together is going to make a difference for me
Old 07-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #50  

Hi all,
Welcome jingerelle. I hope the plan works for you, I love it!

Hereicome, thanks for the feedback. Glad that feeling is normal. I was better yesterday, it came and went. Today, I'm back to no appetite.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

hugs, Pat
Old 07-19-2008, 09:53 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 155/148/122

Height: 5' 2"

Sounds like everyone is doing great keep it up, this is my first day on the SBD , it is almost 10 pm and I am really hungry, hope my system gets use to this fast.
Evelyn
Old 07-19-2008, 10:54 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 215/195/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelyn48 View Post
Sounds like everyone is doing great keep it up, this is my first day on the SBD , it is almost 10 pm and I am really hungry, hope my system gets use to this fast.
Evelyn
Eat something!
No, seriously, there is no need to feel hungry. I found a handful of nuts or a hardboiled egg or a cheese stick would do wonders for making me feel satisfied.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:25 PM   #53  

LOL Thanks, I just had a cheesestick and feel , I didn't think you could eat after dinner?? Haven't seen anything in the bood about evening snacks, i also had a pickle, dill,...

Evelyn
Old 07-20-2008, 01:36 AM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis2 View Post
Sunshine, I did some research yesterday and found they will be starting a water aerobics class after school starts at our HS pool. It seems it will be starting at 8 pm after the swim team is done. The joys of small town living! But I’m excited and looking forward to that.
Good for you!

I'm going to pick up a schedule this week. I'm going to go with the local park near my cousin's house. It's free and offers more classes than the one by my house.

Sooooo.....no more excuses for me.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #55  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelyn48 View Post
LOL Thanks, I just had a cheesestick and feel , I didn't think you could eat after dinner?? Haven't seen anything in the bood about evening snacks, i also had a pickle, dill,...

Evelyn
I always eat an evening snack, dessert for me. I am one to fall off the wagon if I don't. It's the worst time of the day for me. I usually had the ricotta creme at night or some nuts.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:59 PM   #56  

Oh good, thanks for telling me that, I went to the store and bought some riccota chees and made that, it is wonderful, so good..I don't want to feel guilty having some that tonight, so I am very glad you mentioned it, night time is my hardest also, I am on day 2 and doing well.. You stats look good !!
Old 07-20-2008, 08:23 PM   #57  

Sunshine, good for you! I'm so limited here. Maybe if the school one doesn't work out, i'll just have to bite the bullet and go travel to the classes. Maybe it's time to be a bit selfish. <g>

Anne, I'm with you. I'd be sunk if i couldn't have an eveing snack. The ricotta creme's work great!

Evelyn, When you get hungry, eat a little something. Protein helps you stay fuller longer. Make sure you are eating enough to keep satisfied at your meals.

Last day of P1 for me. I'm all set to move on to P2 tomorrow. This week I'm adding oatmeal for breakfast and blueberries with my yogurt for a snack. I can't wait! I will weigh and measure tomorrow morning as well. Have a great evening ladies!

Pat
Old 07-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #58  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 228/216.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday was my last day on P1. I weighed myself this morning and lost an additional 5.4 lbs, for a grand total P1 weight loss of 8.8 lbs I just enjoyed my P2 start with a piece of whole grain bread with breakfast!

Good luck to everyone still in P1 or moving on to P2!
Old 07-24-2008, 02:00 PM   #59  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

that is great Elizabeth!

My last day of phase 1 was on Tuesday, but I think I might have enjoyed the carbs too much! So, I am trying one more week with no carbs and then going forward back into phase 2. I also want to give myself more time to figure out my exact plan for phase 2.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:14 PM   #60  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 228/216.4/150

Thanks so much Mindee!

Good luck with your last week of P1
Closed Thread