South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 06:28 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 281/240/140

Height: 5"4"

Good Morning All!
Good luck on p2 Lulu!

Mel, sending lots of positive energy your way!

Belle, my second week, i felt really tired to, happily energy is back this week!

Sunshine, i love water aerobics, wish there was some that i could get to without driving to another town. It really helped me get into shape before. Good luck!

Tommy's girl, congrats on your wt being down. Way to keep moving, and carrying your little one would really increase the benefits!

I did ok yesterday. I ate my snack just before i got to my meeting. Had only veggies for lunch. There wasn't really any acceptable protein on the salad bar, some hard boiled egg. On the way home, i had some nuts and cheese stick. Held me over till supper. Supper was mostly protein. I stayed away from dessert. I went outside with one of the smokers while everyone else was having dessert to remove myself from the situation.

My weight is down this morning, have had no cravings, so am really looking forward to moving on next week!

Have a great day on the 'beach"

hugs, Pat
Old 07-17-2008, 08:27 AM   #32  
M&M Addict

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Height: 5'5"

Well, after my positive start, I'm feeling blue.

This is officially the start of P1 week 2, and I only lost 1 more pound since my weekend report - so 5 pounds total. I still want another 15 pounds off, and I know it's harder, the less weight you need to lose. I have been so good too! I don't know what I should alter or improve. Blah.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:35 AM   #33  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Rabbit - 5 pounds is great! There is still another week and, as you know, you drop more slowly if you have less to lose. Think in percentages! If you want to lose 20 pounds, you've already lost 25% of that! Remember Phase I is mainly to ditch the cravings, not for weight loss. Phase II does that slowly and surely which is the best way!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:42 AM   #34  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit View Post
Well, after my positive start, I'm feeling blue.

This is officially the start of P1 week 2, and I only lost 1 more pound since my weekend report - so 5 pounds total. I still want another 15 pounds off, and I know it's harder, the less weight you need to lose. I have been so good too! I don't know what I should alter or improve. Blah.
What's to improve? You can't lose 15 pounds overnight. I think 5# is fantastic! You're doing great.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #35  
M&M Addict

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks ladies. I guess I am so thrilled when I see some post on here about losing 8 pounds in their first week, I was kind of hoping... I know, everyone is different, and I did have success my first time in 2004, but it's that whole mental thing. I am going to try and keep the faith though.

Thanks again for being such a supportive community! Good luck to everyone.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:25 AM   #36  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Question about Wasa Crackers - I love them and have eaten the Fiber, Multi Grain and Rye in the past. However I recently bought the Sesame and they are WONDERFUL. Based on the attached would you say these are SB PH2 friendly?

Serving Size 2 slice (14g)

Amount per serving
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 15

Hide Daily Values % Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g 2%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 70mg 3%
Total Carbohydrates 9g 3%
Dietary Fiber 1g
Protein 2g

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Thanks for your input!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:33 AM   #37  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRabbit View Post
Thanks ladies. I guess I am so thrilled when I see some post on here about losing 8 pounds in their first week, I was kind of hoping... I know, everyone is different, and I did have success my first time in 2004, but it's that whole mental thing. I am going to try and keep the faith though.

Thanks again for being such a supportive community! Good luck to everyone.
comparing yourself to and competing with others on the board will only set yourself up for failure. Everyone is different and with that comes different body compositions....which means, different weight loss patterns.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #38  
Feelin good in my skin

Height: 5'9"

Just checked the food listing regarding WASA and saw that SBD PH2 crackers should have 3 or more grams of fiber...

Oh well.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:18 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis2 View Post
Sunshine, i love water aerobics, wish there was some that i could get to without driving to another town. It really helped me get into shape before. Good luck!
Hi Pat!

Water aerobics is really fun. No fun when you have to make a day trip out of it. It's a great way to get in shape and have fun while you're doing it. When you're in water, you feel light as a feather.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #40  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 228/216.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!

I'm new to South Beach--today marks my 1 week anniversary. So, I did my weigh in, and I lost 3.4 pounds. I would usually be happy with this type of weight loss for a week, but it seems as though everyone featured in the book and that I've read about online has lost much more weight than this in Phase 1. How well is everyone else doing on Phase 1? Is it just me?
Old 07-17-2008, 02:25 PM   #41  
beachin'

like many have said so far in this thread (read it, it's good) weight loss differs in everyone...P1 isn't meant for weightloss, but for cravings and cleaning your body....don't compare yourself to everyone else.....you've only been on it a week, wait awhile before you start making comparisons. You might lose a million pounds next week....although I doubt it.

Make sense?

Don't judge yourself on a week to week basis....and don't compare yourself with anybody else. This is your body and it is probably different from someone else's body. Give yourself time and take averages.

and in everything...think about it like this: 3.4 pounds is 3.4 pounds! That is fantastic and 3.4 fewer pounds that you will have to lose in the future. Being 3.4 pounds closer to your goal is a great thing
Old 07-17-2008, 02:42 PM   #42  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 228/216.4/150

Height: 5'4"

Thank you, zeffryn...you're right. And the way you put it makes me feel even better b/c I really do feel as though I've lost my cravings. I've been able to cook dinner and make rolls & pasta for everyone and not even feel like I need it!
Old 07-17-2008, 03:04 PM   #43  
beachin'

That right there combined with the lack of sweets cravings is what makes P1 so worth it...not the weight loss....it will make future weight loss SO much easier.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:26 PM   #44  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach, Elizabeth. The book is hype, of course, and applies mainly to people who may be retaining a lot of water. The main purpose pf Phase I is to get rid of those cravings. Hang in there - it will happen!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:11 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I was so excited because I lost 5 lbs the first week. But then, only 1 lb the second week. And then, I gained a lb back the first few days of Phase II!! I was SOOO discouraged. I think I got so hyped up on losing that mound of weight so fast, you get disappointed when it stops/slows down.

But, I stuck with it (mainly because of support here by reading so much stuff), and I've been thrilled. Phase I was so good at stopping the cravings, it's been a decent diet to stick with. Also, I think the initial rapid weight loss is what makes you stick with it. It would have been difficult to have *such* a drastic diet change, and only lose...say 3 lbs in the first 3 weeks.

And my comparison? The guy at work who started almost two weeks after I did, and has lost nearly TWICE what I have (28 lbs). That's okay. He's 10 years younger than I am, and as far as I know, hasn't had two pregnancies with c-sections .
Closed Thread