South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #16  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Nat's Mom...I pretty much follow everything to a T. Since I've reached my goal, I will VERY occasionally have a bit of a decadant dessert...a few bites. I like my new clothes and want them to keep fitting!

I'm going to do something today I haven't done in a couple of years at least...going to the Salon to have my hair cut. My hair is HUGE and curly and long and no one can ever do anything with it. I usually just put it in a pony tail at the top of my head and whack off a couple of inches every now and then, but I was inspired by Nessa's new look and am going to try to see if they layer it a bit at the bottom if it will behave a little better. I doubt it, but it will be fun to be pampered.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:32 AM   #17  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Cat - You go!!! I personally think nothing says confidence and spunk on a woman more than a great short hair cut. Can't wait to see it!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #18  
-

Thanks, Heather, but it won't be short. My husband would kill me if I cut it short, plus I'd look like a fuzz ball unless I glued it down! Need enough hair to still put up in a french twist or pony tails, french braids etc. and just wear down when it's not horribly humid...which is not often around here.

Last edited by femmecreole; 05-02-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:46 AM   #19  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good for you Cat on the new do - I always have had long hair to my butt or longer until my dad was diagnosed with cancer and then I started donating it to the locks of love foundation and once my dad passed i just went real short. Of course dh hates it as he likes long hair.

Thank you for the prayers Heather - they are working
Old 05-02-2008, 10:04 AM   #20  
Kathleen

S/C/G: 308/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4-1/2"

Good morning.

Hair? Mine is so short. For years, I would color it and have permanents done, but my scalp got so sensitive that I finally said, heck with it, I'll just let the natural color grow out. So here I am with very short, white, straight hair. I love the wash and wear aspect. I have tons of hair, like my mom, and it grows so fast, but it is so stubborn that there is nothing I can do with it except keep it short. Must be all the vitamins and Chinese herbs I take.

Natalie's Mom, looks like there are some dangerous storms heading your way. Arkansas is really getting hit now per CNN. Take care and stay safe.

If I can get my tummy to quiet down, I need to go get my pup some kibble, take an overdue book back to the library today. Don't know what brought this on - must have been a bad strawberry or something. But at least I don't have anything planned so can snuggle into my recliner until everything passes.

I watched a dvd last night - Juno. Interesting movie. Not one of my favorites. I still have Atonement to watch - maybe I will get to it today.

Have a lovely day.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:22 AM   #21  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Nessa - It was before 5! Everyone was sleeping.

Cottage - good to hear that you're feeling better.

Ruth - it sounds like we'll be doing the same things today. LOL @ Hershey eating brown sugar

NataliesMom - Scary! I loathe tornadoes. Unfortunately now I have to deal with hurricanes that create tornadoes....so I guess I didn't luck out by moving out of the midwest.
As far as bending the rules go, I try not to do it at all. I get more motivated the more days that I have that are on plan. I always really regret cheating, and don't like how I feel. I must admit though, if it is a special occasion, I will bend the rules a bit but I always make sure to go to P1 in the morning.

Tk - Have a great weekend and try to relax those worries away

Cat - That is one of my biggest pet peeves about Louisiana....the humidity. I can't go outside without my makeup running or my hair frizzing. I have wavy hair that I blowdry straight, but it goes right back to wavy as soon as we're outside. I'm not looking forward to this summer!

Krosmon - We just got Juno in on netflix. I'm interested in watching it. I'm waiting for DH to be home so we can watch it, but if he goes to see IronMan tonight, I'm watching it alone

Thank God, it is Friday!!

DH has to work until 2 and then is playing basketball with some friends. I'm glad he'll be gone longer than usual, it will give me the peace I need to get some things done around here. I have a bunch of little tasks to do - hanging some shades (speaking of, if anybody wants a khaki colored roman shade 24" wide, you can have it for free -- just pay for shipping), a new light fixture in the bathroom and cleaning the lint out of the dryer. I also have a little weeding to do in the garden this afternoon. DS should enjoy helping with that. I bought him a cheap little child's gardening set at the dollar store and he likes to wear the gloves and poke around. I can't really have him weeding, as he just pulls everything green out

I'm supposed to figure out what I want to do tonight. DH wants to see Iron Man at the theater with some friends - he invited me, but....heck no. I told him I would go with him if he went to see the Sex and the City movie with me. He told me he would rather never see Iron Man. Something tells me I'm going to be home alone tonight, though. Maybe DS and I will go out for dinner somewhere and then come home and watch a movie.

I'm enjoying an orange right now. we bought some really great valencias at the market. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited by zeffryn; 05-02-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:22 AM   #22  
-

Zeff, if you get to see Sex in the City when it comes out, my daughter is in it..well, the back of her head is in a bookstore scene! Her big Hollywood debut! (she was not happy they did not shoot the scene with her face in it!)
Old 05-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #23  
beachin'

Nice. I'll have to keep my eyes out for her. Louisiana has been getting a lot of movie business lately. DH has been in a couple.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #24  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Almost good afternoon here

I was logged on at 6:30 am today but my Mom has had another setback so I took the time to say another Rosary before I began work. She was transfered to a nursing home. While she was there, she had a fever, got pneumonia, went to the emergency room there twice and then returned 90 miles back to the ICU through the Mayo Clinic. The local doctors were afraid to treat her with so many things going on with her. She has crisscrossed the southern part of Minnesota twice in an ambulance. They were afraid to sedate her so she had to go this alone. My heart just breaks for her.

I spoke with her the other day. She sounded so weak and very scared. I was so pleased that my twin nieces spent their last day before going on vacation to be with their Grandma in ICU--they pulled an all nighter so Grandpa could get some sleep. I am grateful that she is alive but I just wish she could pull out of this loop she has been in. She was stable for about 4-6 weeks and it was so encouraging. I've uped my prayers to several times a day. It is constantly in the back of my mind.

Well, it sounds like you all have had your days filled with storms, parties, work, kids, hair woes and so on. This has been a very "eventful" past year. A year ago my only daughter told me she was "coming out" as a male. "She" is transgendering (is that a word) to a male. She has legally changed her name and is taking male hormones. She says she was meant to be a guy. She has even modeled locally where she lives. No one knew this. Now, she seems happier as a he. I admit that I don't understand this. I have offered my support. I can't imagine doing anything less.

We finished moving two weeks ago. I thought it would kill me but it didn't. I am now settled in except for about 10 boxes that I plan to go through this coming weekend. Work was a hassle this week but then I only have three hours left so I can look forward to that.

I plan on getting back on the treadmill this weekend (finally have cleared a path so I can let it down) and yes the South's humidity sucks for those of us who have the frizzies. I have cut my almost waist length hair to a little longer than shoulder length. That is as long as it will get from now on. I just like the styling options.

Have fun everyone this weekend and stay warm, safe and on the beach

Last edited by pamatga; 05-02-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Nessa: Good job on being first. I was up at 3am, I thought about starting the chick chat..LOL.. maybe next time

Cottage: I'm sorry about the migraine. I'm glad the strong stuff helped. I made a version of the salsa chicken this week too, lots of leftovers which makes it sooo easy for later on!!

Ruth: thank you for the coffee, much needed... I'm having a really slow start as all can see. Have fun gardening. Its too cloudy here to do much outside.. what plants are you planting?

cyndi: sorry to hear about the funding cuts. I hope you guys get by. have fun with the chiropractor.. you may want to take it easy though, the bike ride and gardening may have to wait. You might mess up the work the chiro. gets done...

femme: good morning.. looks like a busy day, have fun at the salon and I hope they get to tame your lovely locks...

nat's mom : wow.. yeah, that is life in Kansas.. I'm sorry you had to be up all during the night, especially with the baby.. I'm glad everyone came out ok though I hate typing one handed LOL. In P1 I bent the rules on a little popcorn when it was around. I never made or bought it myself, and I only had a few handfuls, and I had a small glass of white wine. I know we need to follow it all to a T, its important, and on the big stuff, I am. In p1 I've cheated on things I'm aloud to have later on and have controlled the intake of it. It was hard to control, but I feel good that I could eat a handful of popcorn and be done. I just wanted the taste of it.. I want to enjoy my weightloss. (don't know if that helps And if you do slip up a bit, just keep going back OP... and I give myself a little treat when I get on the scale and lose some weight.. just to give myself a good job pat on the back I feel good when i say no to donuts and really bad stuff..

gonnabe: you look like you're gonna be SUPER busy this weekend. Looks like fun though
Good to get going back on track and keeping up the good work, you'll get there

schmoo: Looks like a busy day. Have fun with the dinner and cake. enjoy the pizza, I hope you live somewhere where the pizza is worthwhile?

tk: I'm sorry to hear about the health situation. If you need to talk, don't hesitate. Have fun baking the cakes, I love the smell of baking stuff. Although, for me the only thing that tops it is smelling homemade spaghetti sauce on the stove..mmmmmmh!!

Hmac: looks like a busy weekend, enjoy! How do you get into the scrapbooking parties? What are the prices like on there?

kathleen: I don't color my hair either, I never have and never will. When I do start to gray, I'd like to see how it looks. I have red hair, don't want to ruin it. I straight perm it though... I had curly qu curls and got tired ot the upkeep... so now its nice and straight.

zeff: I went to see Iron Man last night and this morning.. it was really good. It had some funny parts too But, I get ya when you want DH to go to a chick flick too.. have fun redecorating and gardening. Its too cloudy here ....

me: So we went to see the midnight show of Iron Man...it was very good, better than I thought it would be. Lots of funny parts too!!
We brought SF candy and didn't buy popcorn. My friend sitting next to me had some, I stole a few bits, but I was satisfied with just a few I feel good when I can have something a little OP, and not binge on it like there's no tomorrow... When I first started P1, we had pizza and wings in the first week, that was BAD... and I cheated other times and they were bad... That's why I wanted to redo P1...I wanted to be in control. And I am....
I'm kinda tired, its rainy here and sleeping was hard...
DH had a really bad reaction the the SF candy. I had some gas and still have some, but he's been double-overed in pain and gas. He had the laxative effect also and lost about 10lbs after getting off the toilet I think we'll be either getting rid of the SF candy or eating it rarely..
Anyhow, I'll be around during the day to catch up
Old 05-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Pagmata: I missed your post.. I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. I understand a little bit how hard it is to see her deterioration. We just went through that with my grandma. It sounds like you've had a rough year. You'll make it through all the challenges life brings. And it is good to see you up here where the support is.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:52 PM   #27  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Pamatga- You're a good Mom and your child is lucky to have you in his life.

I hope that with all the stuff going on in your life you are taking time out to take care of you
Old 05-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone. Quick fly-by for me, again. We just finished having our Cinco de Mayo bbq for lunch at the office. It was a nice time.

Tomorrow I'm starting P1 and doing the P1 exercises from the SB Supercharged book. I'll move on to P2 eating as advised, but continue with the Firm in P2. I like the looks of the workouts while eating P1, but I'd like much higher intensity after that. Only 34 days until we leave for Myrtle Beach!!

Well, 7 minutes until back to work and I need to check the mail! See you all later!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 05-02-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #29  
beachin'

So, I've been trying a few of the South Beach foods from Kraft. Today I had the Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Pizza on WW crust. It was great! Very satisfying and very good for a microwave pizza. I will definitely be getting a few more of them. I found them on sale 3/$4.

TDI - what kind of sf candy was it? I've had the same reaction to Russel Stover sf candy. It just doesn't agree with my body at all! Not the best way to lose weight Hope he feels better. That can be a pain....no pun intended.

I'm still not sure if DH is going to see Iron Man tonight. If he does, it will be after DS goes to bed. I'm going to run to blockbuster in a little bit and get a few more chick flicks. 27 dresses just came out and I wasn't able to see it in theaters. I know it probably sucks but there is something comforting about a good chick flick.

Last edited by zeffryn; 05-02-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chiclets. I tried very hard to work a lot today, and I did get things done, but now my brain is saying, "this has been a very hard week, and we are done!" Knowing I'll be working over the weekend too makes me want to take the rest of the day easy.
So I am ready for tonight, DD went and picked up the cake - no temptation for me there, DD likes those big cookie cakes from the market, and i don't care for them - too doughy. I like crispy cookies!
Last night I got home in time for most of Survivor and enjoyed it very much. This season is turning out okay, and hard to believe only a few shows left. Right now it's more about who I'm rooting against than for - please not Perverti or Nasty Natalie. Poor James, he really took that very well and philosophically. Erik would be okay, he cracks me up. Ditto for Cirie, although she is manipulative, she is very good at it and does it in a way that doesn't seem to make people angry.

Nessa, hope you had fun with DS. Did he like his presents?
Hershey is a girl after my own heart Ruth. I guess she feels she needs to live up to her name. I used to eat brown sugar right from the bag, yuck...
Cyndi, sorry about your bad news... Hope she finds a new and better job soon.
N's mom, glad none of those tornadoes touched down on you - we could be looking for you in Oz right now! Bending depends... I do have a glass of wine now and again, and some dark chocolate if I've behaved all week and deserve it. I use agave nectar, but it doesn't seem to cause me any problems. I'll eat a Kashi waffle for breakfast about once a week, and it is not completely on-plan, but close. I sometimes use full fat cheese, if it's all I've got. And then sometimes I fall completely off plan, usually over some sweet treat, but never for very long. And other times, if I feel I'm getting too lax, I'll get very strict for a while and really stick with it to get on track. In general I try to stay as close to plan as possible, because it just makes things easier.
tk, hope your baking is going well today. I could not stand smelling cake all day without having some!
Cat, how did the haircut turn out?
Hi Krosmom! hope the tummy is better. I hope to see both of those movies someday, but I think it's more likely I'll get stuck taking DS to Ironman.
Have fun on your date with DS zeff!
Hi pamatga, glad you are all settled in and mostly recovered from your move. Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your mom. I know it is hard for you to be far away. You have had a lot to deal with haven't you? I'm sure your daughter's decision is hard to accept but we just have to love and support our kids while they find their way. She is still your baby that you love.
tdi, I had the exact same experience as your DH last summer at Pirates of the Caribbean. I missed the end of the movie - no more sugar free candy for me. You asked about my work, I am an engineer with a Defense Contractor. It is not usually this stressful, just having one of those weeks, you know? But mostly I telecommute with some travel thrown in, so I've got a good gig.
Hugs Kim, woo-hoo, here comes vacation!
Barb, hope your meeting last night went well and you found a place for everyone to sit!
Heather, when I travel I have found breakfast to be the most challenging to stay on-plan. I've learned to NEVER count on hotel breakfast buffets. They almost never have anything legal.
Pohai, glad you are settling in. How long will you be in Germany? Sounds like you and Kara will get to have some fun together while you're there!
Gonna, I'm sorry you have had a tough week, that is going around! Hope you are feeling better today!
Steph, definitely enjoy your status as a hottie! You work it girl!
littlechick, hon, hope you are feeling better today.

Whew! Think I'm all caught up - sorry if I missed anyone! I think I'll go take a nice hot shower and think about sipping my glass of wine tonight. After pizza I'll crawl into bed with my book and I definitely plan to sleep in tomorrow!
Closed Thread