South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #31  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Here's the link to Nessa Bars. I just edited the name to add her name since that's what we call them. They are officially Oatmeal Breakfast Bars and are in the Phase II Breakfast Section.

Just back from a small grocery shop. It's pretty cold out there but half the ice has gone from the Lower Lake and there are two guys out there in their boat! Canadians are a hardy lot. It's 40ºF and windy.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:40 PM   #32  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for editing the name, Ruth! I was wondering why so many people had trouble finding them...

Phoenix, looks like this post made it at least! Good to see you checking in.

TDI, glad you slept the night. If you can fit it in, a walk might be just what you need...time to clear your head...those good endorphins flowing through your body...

Schmoo, you're on a roll! Hey, do you have a trick for eggs that peel well? Some of mine are just murder to peel!

Cat, the skirt suits you well! Nothing like shopping in the attic! I like shopping in my sisters' closets, personally.

We're home from errands and I don't know if I'm going to get the car cleaned out today because it's too late to put the girls down for a nap and I don't trust them inside by themselves or outside under limited supervision. Aside from buckling poor Avery in her car seat, I don't think there's a way. I'll have to get it done tomorrow during nap time. Maybe I'll start packing instead. Yay!

Kara
Old 04-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #33  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm in happy kitchen land. I've been wanting rice pudding and decided to make a SBD friendly brown rice pudding. I don't know how it will taste but it smells absolutely wonderful

And the sun finally came out!
Old 04-13-2008, 08:06 PM   #34  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Yay for sun! I hope your rice pudding was good. I made some with brown rice in the crockpot awhile ago and it was delicious! The kids gobbled it up, which was good because otherwise I might have eaten the whole thing...

Kara
Old 04-13-2008, 10:55 PM   #35  

I still need to clean litterboxes and get us ready to bed. Brian and I are both tired from our campouts but we had a wonderful time.

His dad didn't read my email about the campout dropoff being changed from 5:30 to 6 and had to wait with him awhile. Then he sent me a nasty email saying I didn't email him early enough. I sent it as soon as I got the adjustment from the troop leaders. Oh, well, Brian earned his Totem Chip and his Fireman's chip so he can now carry a knife and matches. They got back at noon instead of 1 as they were supposed to so I was glad I had my backup plan of having Eileen drop him at the house. I was back by one. Brian didn't have my cell phone number so they just called the house to say they would be early. By the time they called, it wouldn't have mattered anyway since I was still about 80 miles away.

I'm so glad I got to the event early on Friday. The course director and his mom (the cook) were trying to set everything up by themselves and she shouldn't be lifting the heavy stuff. So we put out wooden benches and two more truckloads of tables. By the time he could show me how to do registration at 4:30 we already had several families waiting (they were told to come after dinner but everyone likes to set up early if they can). Anyway, between 4:30 and 10:30PM we registered almost 200 boys and their families, collected medical forms and assigned them to campsites and groups. It was nonstop. I was brought dinner around 5 but didn't get to eat it until 10. Terri showed up around 5:30 to help with registration. Once we finally got done for the night we realized that we really needed to alphabetize the 450 medical forms or the medic would never find the forms so that took us until just after midnight. We were up Sat morning by 5 so we could be ready when the gates opened at 6. By 10 we were free to enjoy watching camp and didn't have much to do except serving food at the meals and we gave the worship service this morning that I had created a few weeks ago.

Since I thought Brian was going to be home at 1, I stayed until 11:15 to help them get all the food and supplies put back up. The dining hall is being replaced by an air conditioned one so we had to work out of a mobile kitchen. This weeks looks to be busier than last week but I'll check in as I can.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:41 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

thanks all for the warm thoughts.
Kara I think I may try to take a bike ride in the morning. I'll probably sleep in though...LOL. We'll see how I feel when I wake up, my hips have been sore the last few days. I keep having to take pain medication
Anyhow, a few more days and the running will be over, then I can relax and get back to taking care of our healthy eating habits.
I think we'll be starting over with P1 and then working from there...
Oh, I hope everybody likes the ticker...just did it
Closed Thread