South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:46 AM   #31  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I lost 8# in Phase I. Just got on the scale and I've lost 6# in the last 4 weeks. I have been a little bit hungrier the last couple days. I can't believe I can lose without sweating it out at the gym. That has never happened for me before.

Neko, I'm sure if you keep on track, it's only a matter of time before you'll start to see the pounds come off. I only lost 1# in the first two weeks also.

Last edited by murphmitch; 02-16-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 166/157/135

Height: 5'2

Default Im new here!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Holly and Im 35 from NJ. I started SB almost 3 weeks ago and I just found you all here. I just started transitioning to PH2 and I have been doing really well on this diet. I did WW a few years ago but with 3 small children I do not have time to count points and the SBD is a much better fit for me and my lifestyle. To date I have lost 9lbs.

I went to a concert last night and I treated myself to the most delicious cheeseburger ever..I did ask for a whole wheat bun and omitted the ketchup..I think I died for 10mts and went to heaven it was soooo good. Back to the grindstone today though. I have to admit it was a great little treat for all the hardwork!

I look forward to getting to know you all and ride this journey together.

Old 02-16-2008, 08:21 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Holly! We're glad you decided to join us here. Congratulations on your 9# loss, you are really doing well! We have several members here from NJ, so you'll feel right at home.
Be sure to look around our forum and check out our FAQ and recipe boards, too! We look forward to getting to know you better.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:17 AM   #34  

Default Question about Bars

Hello everyone!

Which SB bars are you referring too? I just bought a bunch of cereal Bars and Meal bars to change things up a bit or if I am on the run with the kids and dont have time to eat...although not eating these everyday I have to admit the cereal bars are a great alternative to the EGGS!!!!

Old 02-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #35  
Beach Bum

Height: 5' 7"

I like the cereal/snack bars...they come in handy when I am on the run. DH likes them as a dessert or with b-fast. We stopped using the meal replacement bars as they run 200+ calories and the cereal/snack bars are only 100-140 calories and are tastier--we think. Some people have trouble with the bars as a "trigger" food. It doesn't seem to be an issue with us.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:39 PM   #36  

S/C/G: HW 226/ CW217/ GW 145

Height: 5'4

I think the trick to finding out what food sets you off it to keep a food journal. I write in one every nite. I keep several on line, but I like to have the one at home I can look at easier. This way if I feel cravings I can look back and see what it might be.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #37  
Beach Bum

We do NOT eat them everyday. At least I don't. DH had begun to eat them more, but his weight is still decreasing, so it seems to be ok for him. I typically will have 2 or 3 in a weeks time. At this point, they don't tempt me to want more, or to crave other carbs.
Those *!%^$#@ girl scout cookies arrived today. They made me drool for about 2 hours this evening. They are unopened, or else they would be gone! DH is taking them to work tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:41 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello

Day 1, Phase II

I am here fresh from Phase I. While there I lost 9 #. The second week I learned a lot . I don't care for V-8 juice Sam I am , but I wasn't adding another veggie on some mornings. Those mornings, I was starving by snack time.

So, I now start my morning with scramble egg beaters, veggies scrambled in, and salsa.

at some point today I have an apple to savor. And believe you me I am gonna enjoy it.

I'v read most of the back posts, I am especially interested in how others handle eating out. For the last two weeks I just said NO. However that won't last, and the real world is , we eat out sometimes.

March 3rd I leave for a one week vacation in Texas. Its warm there! The sun shines! They have a lot of fresh fish restaurants, so it'll be a challenge to see how I do.

I find today really scary, I feel as though I just have Phase I figured out......

Phase II , here I come

Kay
Old 02-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #39  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb My two cents worth

I did buy the SBD bars, they are in the protein bar section of Wal-mart or on the end of the aisles near bread in regular grocery stores.

I only bought two boxes. Both tasted really good and I felt one was filling enough but I felt that they went too fast, are too expensive and just aren't the same as "real food" for me to buy them again. I am not much for buying a lot of "convenience" type foods anyway so that is the perspective I am coming from.

It has taken me about 6 long weeks to figure out what works for me on this food plan. I hope it won't take you as long as it did me.

First of all, welcome to Phase 2, don't be afraid, and congrats on your nice 9 lbs beginning weight lose. You can do it and there are a lot of good resources on this website for you to pull from. The SBeachers here are very helpful and you can learn a lot from all of them.

I agree with mommamurray, it is such a relief to know that if I miss a workout or am not working out at all that this food plan works. I have been on so many other diets where if you missed a work out, it showed. Here eating and staying on plan gets you the results you are looking for.

Hope to hear from you again soon.

Last edited by pamatga; 02-18-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #40  
Beach Bum

Welcome Kay! Fruits taste so good after avoiding them for 2 weeks. They are extremely healthy. If you don't care for V-8, don't drink it. You might try other veggy juices.
Have fun in Texas, that is where my DH is from and we get down 3-4 times a year to see the kids/grandkids and his mom. Just avoid those melt in your mouth handmade tortillas...those are our biggest temptation. Taco cabana's pico de gallo is delish on their b-fast tacos, we just eat the inside with loads of pico.
Eating out--we try to choose places where we know we can find something on the menu, or adapt things on the menu. I will go online before we go somewhere and look at their online menu for possible choices. Many restaurants list nutritional information on their websites or you can look at drgourmet.com he lists some national chains with suggested healthier choices. We always "think outside the bun", we can order just about any sandwich and not eat the bread. Just be careful on fat content as well.
Have fun in Phase 2, you will find what works best for your mind and body.
Karla
Old 02-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #41  

Kay - Where will you be in Texas? There are lots of us in different regions here and we might be able to help you with restaurant suggestions or grocery store suggestions.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:07 PM   #42  

Hello everyone,

Im officially down 10lbs in 3 weeks. I started my 4th week yesterday. I am pretty much between PH1 & PH2. I am avoiding breads and pasta and adding a fruit in here or there. I dont feel bored and feel good with eating what I have so I will just continue on and keep the will power and drive going and when I feel like I could raid the cookie cabinet I just think is the 10lb weight loss worth the damn cookie or icecream that got me fat in the first place?? The answer has been no so I move on!

My husband mentioned he could go for chinese. Do any of you have any thoughts on what would be a good choice if I were to get chinese? I would leave the rice out....
Old 02-18-2008, 10:53 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 218/212/160

Height: 5'8"

Chinese is one of the most difficult ethnic foods to eat, because the sauces they use are so bad. I have no clue what would be a good choice. I would eat a bowl of snow peas and then eat a real meal at home later. HA!
Old 02-18-2008, 11:08 PM   #44  
Beach Bum

Around here we can get steamed brown rice. Many Chinese places have steamed/boiled shrimp that is sauce free. I've certainly seen it on the places with Chinese food buffets. Many have steamed/boiled shrimp and crab legs.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:53 AM   #45  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hi, all! I'm finally stepping away from Phase 1 (after almost 5 weeks with varying amounts of strictness and some cheat periods breaking up the continuity ). Like many, I won't be adding in grains just yet--I'll start with adding in some fruit each day and see how it goes. And I won't eat the fruit by itself; ALWAYS with a protein.

I had yesterday off, so I will be happy to go back to work today and fall back into my normal schedule. I drink a lot more water at the office.

I see a lot of talk of restaurants. I have avoided Chinese only because I'm actually a very picky eater and don't really like anything they offer without the heavy, sweet sauces. I have, however, eaten out on multiple occasions. I order a filet mignon (leanest cut of steak), grilled chicken, pork chops (cut off all visible fat), or unbreaded/unfried fish with a side of broccoli or whatever other veggies they might have available. Sometimes, I have a side caesar salad as well without croutons. It's made life MUCH easier for me to be able to still eat out. I even went to a Mexican place one night and just had a cup of black bean soup and a small salad using salsa and a little sour cream instead of regular dressing.
Closed Thread