South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:19 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone1061 View Post

My husband mentioned he could go for chinese. Do any of you have any thoughts on what would be a good choice if I were to get chinese? I would leave the rice out....
Many Chinese restaurants are offering steamed brown rice, but you have to ask for it, it's not always listed on the menu. I have Chinese often, and I usually order the steamed broccoli w/ shrimp or chicken, or the garlic green beans.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:43 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 302/229/140

Height: 5'11"

Instead of Chinese maybe try eating Korean or Japanese. Skip the rice with the sushi. Korean Kim chee Jigae is quite compatable with SB, at least when I've eaten it. and they have a number of vegetables with it. Just watch for the hidden sugars in the rice and some of the vegetables. The kimchee ones are okay.Japanese food prepared in front of you, you have a say as to whats cooked in it. Indian food is also more compatable than Chinese.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:57 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 236/236/176

Height: 5'7"

Hey P2 beach girls....I spent the weekend on the beach at Hedonism 2....hahahhaaha, j/k....ate on plan but had several glasses of wine and no excersize......Started back again yesterday on P2 (sort of--still afraid of fruit and bread).....weighed in yesterday and was at 200, so gained a couple from previous week (198) but expecting TOM and didn't excersize and had some wine. I'm back on track today...

Being on the road for my job, I have to eat out alot....tonight I ordered take out from Ruby Tuesday--I am super impressed with their healthy choice menu...turkey burger with a whole wheat wrap that was awesome and steamed green beans with no butter/oil....very tasty and on plan.....

Also found a great phase 2 snack, Finn Crisp crispbread. 1 serving has 50 calories with 1g fat (no sat or trans), no cholesterol, only 75mg of Sodium, 10g of carbs, 3g protein, 0.5 g sugar and 3 g of Protein.....they go really well with the Laughing Cow Light Cheese and are super satisfying.....you can do a search on FinnCrisp and get the website....I'm a huge cracker fan, so I'm pretty happy to have this alternative. About the size of a rice cake but way better.....

Hope you all had a good day!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:21 AM   #49  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT39 View Post
tonight I ordered take out from Ruby Tuesday--I am super impressed with their healthy choice menu...
Enjoy it while you can--around here, the healthy stuff is being phased out. I went to a Ruby Tuesday that just opened a few weeks ago, and they have NOTHING healthy on their menu. They've gotten rid of the mashed cauliflower (actually, the ONLY vegetable on their menu now is broccoli), they've gotten rid of the "healthy" section on the menu, and I saw no mention anywhere of whole wheat wraps. It's very frustrating, especially since I used to work there, and it has ben a favorite of mine for YEARS. Not anymore! And I wrote them via their website to tell them so

I didn't end up having any fuit or grains yesterday, but I did have some sf vanilla pudding mixed with some whipped cream cheese--YUM!
Old 02-21-2008, 03:21 PM   #50  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb I am still transitioning and it's been six weeks!

I regret having to go off plan as often as I did. I ran out of food before pay day and then when I went home to visit my ill Mom I just didn't follow it. We thought she was going to die at that time. I admire any one that can travel and diet. How do you do it??? I am hoping that it won't happen again. I find it affects me the most mentally. I need to focus.

I have been eating at an Asian restaurant. I have avoided the sushi because of the white rice they use. Instead, I have the meats like grilled salmon and crabmeat cheese (something or other--it is good!). I avoid the lo mein noodles (which I miss) and eat lots and lots of steamed vegetables. I have eaten the fortune cookie although I didn't during Ph 1.

I prefer a steak house where they serve a buffet when I go out to eat. The one that we go to has all that I need. I get baked tilapa, lean sirloin steak, lots of steamed vegetables or beans, and they even have no-sugar dessert choices. I eat what I want and my DH eats what he wants.

I don't feel deprived in either place. I am afraid to try any of the other restaurants since I never found much I liked before I started SBD.

Jilly you sure sound on fire, girl! I am so proud of you being so proactive. I have realized that I need to get in that mindset no matter where I go or am. Next time I go back home (which I hope will be soon) I am bringing my SBD food in an overnight bag. I just felt self-conscious about standing out. How dumb is that?

I am not a person who drinks at all so alcohol has not been an issue for me.

Last edited by pamatga; 02-21-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Closed Thread