Old 02-23-2006, 01:59 AM   #1  
working back to pre-preg

S/C/G: 202/155/145

Smile Hi, new to Sonoma and to fat chicks

Hi, I'm new to the diet and to the board. I won't be starting the diet until next monday. The diet is pretty close to how I eat now. The first wave sounds hard. I will miss a lot of things, but I look forward to trying all the new recipes. I really enjoy cooking, so it should be fun. I am 10lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I hope the Sonoma diet can help me get there. I have two toddlers and I husband in the house. I can't really toss out all the junk food in the house. My family would have a fit. I will just have to resist temptation!

Do any of you have tips? I'm very excited about starting! I can't wait for next Monday.
MomsterBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 139/139/125 or 9 stone goal

Height: 5'2

Someone made a suggestion to me about putting your snacks in a different cupboard, so that when you get one your not looking at all the kids stuff as well. That's my hardest thing. The less time I spend looking at the cookies and candy the better!!
Britmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/200/185

One of the things I did during Wave One to help with temptation (I have a 5 yr old so I still have some snacks around too) was to get my snacks prepared the day before and leave them either out or in a convenient spot so I didn't have to search through cabinets, etc. I followed the Wave One meal plans in the book, so I could easily prepare ahead. I found that when I didn't have to search for my snacks it made it much easier to stick to the plan.
Melissalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:24 PM   #4  
Canada

I changed the snacks for the kids.. I dumped all the junk. We now have big bowls of fruit on the table, carrot sticks and dip packages, You can get snack size bags of flavored rice crips, dried fruit, meat and cheese tray in fridge, and fruit cups. I also keep snack size bags of tortilla chips and you can also buy indivuial size containers of salsa. Since I have re-vamped my kitchen snack food The whole family is eating better. I am constanlty picking up veggie trays at costco. I also add hummas, and yogurt as dips. I indivuialize everything. I am a woman of convience.. lol
Totally Neck-ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:36 AM   #5  

Hi Barb and to the forum. Hope you'll stick around, get to know everyone, post often and don't forget.. the exercise sticky at the top of the forum is just waiting for YOU!!
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Neck-ed
I changed the snacks for the kids.. I dumped all the junk. We now have big bowls of fruit on the table, carrot sticks and dip packages, You can get snack size bags of flavored rice crips, dried fruit, meat and cheese tray in fridge, and fruit cups. I also keep snack size bags of tortilla chips and you can also buy indivuial size containers of salsa. Since I have re-vamped my kitchen snack food The whole family is eating better. I am constanlty picking up veggie trays at costco. I also add hummas, and yogurt as dips. I indivuialize everything. I am a woman of convience.. lol
Great idea. How do your kids like the changes? Last time my nephews and niece came to my house, they were pretty upset that I didn't have any "treats" for them. I had plenty of snacks, just not the processed garbage they're used to.
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 11:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/165/135

I am new also. I wanted to buy the book. I had seen it at Walmart at the first of the year. They have pulled it. So now I am searching for it. I know I can order it online but I want it now so I can start on Mon. I have already started working out but am not losing the weight I should. Need a diet. The low carb diets do not work for me.
Chubby Grl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 01:09 AM   #8  

Default Another newbie

I'm also new to this forum and read all the wonderful comments about Sonoma, so I went and bought the book today. I'm excited to begin, it's also really close to how I eat. I have 3 children and a husband that like to snack also. I've made a big improvement on their snack selection, not as much junk food, mostly crackers, pretzels, raisins, that sort of thing. I need to get busy and read the book so I can begin. Good luck to all others just starting out!!!
cindymomtwo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:23 PM   #9  

Hi there! I'm new around here as well. My DH and DD are used to eating fairly healthy, but, they still have "junk" in the house. I find that when I'm focused, I can ignore what they do and do my own thing. I decided to do the Sonoma Diet as more of a way to focus on eating healthy instead of obsessing over points and measuring. I'm only 5lbs above my goal weight and I know as soon as I get into a groove, the lbs will work their way off.
waltherchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/160/145

Default I'm new too

Just started today as a matter of fact. I found my book at Target in case anyone is still looking for it.
I had the steel cut oats this morning. I found the recipe on here and cooked it in the crock pot. Tastes great.
I'm looking for some soup to eat as I have a bad cold.
I think I'm just going to throw some chicken broth, chicken breast, tomatoes & asparagus in a pot with a bunch of herbs and see what I can come up with.
I figure I can eat that like that for lunch and maybe add some brown rice or barley to it for dinner.
Anyone have any suggestions on anything else I can add to the soup for some flavor?
psoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #11  
working back to pre-preg

S/C/G: 202/155/145

Today was my first day on Sonoma. It wasn't so bad. I was a little hungry at lunch. I didn't feel like I had enough food. I usually eat large lunches. My breakfast was a little on the boring side( a piece of wheat bread w/ a little peanut little bit of peanut butter on it). Lunch was a little grilled chicken and broccoli..yummy. I had baked chicken(seasoned w/ e.v.o.o.,basil,parsley,pepper),salad,brown rice for dinner. I put the chicken on top of the salad to season the salad. I was pleased with how full I was, after dinner.
I skipped the gym for the past two days. Shame on me. I have to go jog tomorrow. I plan to clean the leaves from the yard, tomorrow. That should give me a bit of exercise!
MomsterBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #12  

How do you manage whne some of the foods doesn't appeal to you? I have the book and looked at the meal plan. I am gonna have to work around some of it because of my work schedual. Any tips with that?
Applelines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:52 AM   #13  

Apple, you don't have to eat the meals they provide to you.. those are just suggestions. There are tons of foods you can eat. it just takes a bit of creativity to come up with recipes sometimes. This is a new way of eating for a lot of people and changing the types of foods you usually eat may be a little tryiong at first, but it is so worth it.

Check out the recipe thread for some more ideas
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 11:57 AM   #14  
Cat Wrangler

I was just about to post exactly what Linda said! I actually haven't used any of the meal plans or recipes from the book, although most of them sound pretty good to me. My biggest challenge has been that I don't particularly care for fish, but I decided that I was going to learn to like it! lol I highly recommend tilapia for those of you who share my dislike for fish.

As far as work goes, I have a crazy work schedule, and what I typically do (if I don't have leftovers to bring) is a wrap. Do you have access to a fridge at work? I keep a bag of salad greens, some low-fat shredded cheese, salsa or salad dressing, and pre-cooked chicken strips on hand. Sometimes I also add bell peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, etc. Anyway, pile all that onto a whole wheat tortilla and wrap it up.....instant lunch!

Jeri
terravita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 12:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 158

Thumbs up lyndon1

I Just Started The Sanoma Diet Yesterday. I Am A Little Hungry But Motivated! I Signed Up For Fat Chicks Today. It Looks Like It Will Be Very Helpful. So Far I Am Very Impressed With The Diet And Fat Chicks. Thank You!
lyndon1 is offline   Reply With Quote