Old 01-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #1  

Default Has anyone figured out equivalents?

Okay, I've been trying to figure this out, and I'm not doing so well.

Has anyone figured out the equivalents of the plates so you can keep a running tally of what you should eat each day?

3 servings of grains
7 servings of veggies
3 servings of lean protein

Something like that?

I keep getting confused when I have an english muffin for breakfast and then can't figure out what else I can eat for the rest of the day. It's probably the one thing that aggrivates me about this diet. I need a checklist of things to make sure that I eat enough of the right things and not too much of the bad.
waltherchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #2  

This plan really doesn't go by serving size, per se but by using the plate division. Just put the appropriate ratios on your plate and you'll be fine.

What I usually do is 1/4 of my plate is grains, 1/4 meat and half is veggies.

Don't get hung up on the plate size if that isn't what works for you.. take the food from the sonoma plan and then measure stuff in measuring cups or spoons and calculate calories or points. You can use sometrhing like Fit day to track your calories if you choose to do so, or use WW and calcualte the Sonoma foods as points.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:23 PM   #3  

I know it's not how the plan is supposed to work. I get hung up on what I can have for snacks, etc. I think I need to re-read and re-group.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Most of us have gotten obsessed with weighing and measuring food on previous diets and she is trying to get us to think about food in more "normal" ways but it has gotten hard. I think technically a serving of grains is 0.5 cup if that helps. I use a program like fitday because I have to keep tabs on my calories or I just get carried away even with healthy stuff.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 11:46 AM   #5  

Me too. Even when I do Core or Sonoma, I keep track of WW Points because that's the program I have on my Palm. I tried doing ***********, but, the site is so rediculously slow that I stopped using it.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #6  

The ***** was S park People , see if this works.