Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:40 PM   #421  

Hi everybody, my computer had some kind of problem and had to send it to the repair shop for some days.... I'm happy to report that I lost almost 7 pounds!!! YUPPII!!! I'm sooo excited!! The best part is it was not so hard, of course most people lose more easily when you first go in a diet, specially since I just came back from vacations and had packed some extra pounds... Don`t you hate it, it's aways a lot easier to gain than to lose
But I'm trying to be on my best behavior, and I notice that it's easier for me to wake up one hour earlier and do my workout first thing in the morning, and that way I stay motivated (I did tried to do the workouts in the evening but most days I was too tired, or had something urgent from the office to do instead, etc...), I'm still trying to compile some sort of point value list (on the on line version of ww you have to search every item to know the point value.... ) and pushing the water: I measure the glasses into a pitcher and know that by the end of the day I have to finish it, and sometimes I even have some extra water.

I tried the pancake recipe for the crepes and they were quite good, and also I used the same pancake recipe (the one with the cottage cheese), adding about 1 cup oatmeal and 1 cup oat bran, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 2 tablespoons splenda and a diced apple to make muffins and they were ok (not the greatest muffin you've had, but they are core....) and the recipe I really liked was for frozen yoghurt: I put 1/2 a frozen banana (ripe) and 3/4 - 1 cup frozen strawberries in the food processor, add about a teaspoon of splenda and finally add about a cup of fat free plain yoghurt and it realy is very good either as a snack or as dessert

I'll be in Acapulco for the weekend, visiting with my family. Have a very nice weekend!!

Maggie
Old 06-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Maggie,

Congratulations on the fantastik loss!
Thanks for the frozen yogurt recipe. I've been trying unsuccessfully to make some.

Have a great weekend.

Last edited by sauniemay; 06-01-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:26 PM   #423  

Hi Niki, I loved the story about your daughter also. I remember those days, lots of fun. When my kids were young I wrote down in a diary all the fun things they said and did. I love looking over it now. lol
I must say though some of my friends get mad at me as they are trying to remember things and I say I can prove you wrong and I go get my diary for that year. lol It is surprising what you forget.

Kathy have fun working on your quilt. I have never done quilting but I did teach pioneer rug hooking and dyeing for 10 years.

Paula being a nurse certainly does have its perks. Our daughter has worked part time for years. This way she is home with the children. She would have us come over and babysit for 2 hours once a week until her dh came home. She worked afternoons every other weekend. She also has a good friend that graduated with her that will trade days with her if she wants to go somewhere.
Saundra, check your private mail please.
Well have to go out hubby is waiting for me.
Blue skies,
Rose
Old 06-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #424  

Ok dd is napping. I have a wedding shower to go to on Sunday soo excited I get to go alone I will leave DS & DD Home with DH. It starts at 12pm in New Jersey which means I will have to be at my moms house by 10am on Sunday so I have to leave my house by 8:45am, thank goodness I am going alone could you imagine getting ready & lugging the whole family out of the house by 8:45.
I went to walmart to pick up a few items and found the cutest tops there, they are the tunic tops with sequince. I was so worried I had nothing to wear for this shower, the one top I bought matches a skirt I have perfectly and they were only $16.00.

Saundra it's ok you can laugh, my mom does all the time, she gets a kick out of her. My dd is definitely a character, she is stubborn, tough and defiant, very strong willed which will probably be to her benefit when she grows up. She attracts alot of attention wherever we go, very outgoing & speaks like she is 5.

Maggielinna congrats on the weight loss. I too seem to put the pounds on much easier than losing them. Keep up the good work. DH & I went to Puerto Vallarta for our Honeymoon, had a great time.

Vickie don't you just love new things, I wish companies would get things straight sometimes I also feel everything has to be complicated, but don't let it get you down, think how beautiful everything is going to look when it is all in place.

Melissa it is ok to rant, sometimes you need to get things off you chest. I was like that last week, hope you will feel better soon, take a nice bubble bath & light some scented candles, that seems to relax me when I am stressed.

Angela Happy birthday, are water ballon fights great we had one last year with our kids and they had a blast.

Kathy you brought tears to my eyes, it is tough losing someone you love. My dad passed away 5 years ago at the age of 61. I got the dreaded 1am phone call, my mom didn't tell me he passed on the phone, just to come to her house. It happened instantly, 8 days after my birthday, so every year when it is my birthday I feel really sad and I think about him every day, the pain does not go away you just learn to live with it. Lets have happy thoughts, how is the quilt coming along, I am going to try to take sewing lessons, I would love to learn.

Sandra have a great weekend with your visitors.

Rose I am waiving hello to you,your cottage sounds wonderful.

Froufie I am also waiving hello to you.

Hope I didn't forget anyone, I am going to relax know that my dd is napping, will be back a little later
Old 06-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #425  

Rose that is a great idea, I should journal what thay say, sometimes the things they say crack you up. The other day dd found a penny in the driveway,picks it up and says " ooh my lucky day"
Old 06-01-2006, 03:02 PM   #426  

Height: 5'7"

I think 29 pages is enough, don't you guys?

Starting board #45.
Closed Thread