Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 10:42 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

vickie, right now i'm drawing a blank on a core tomatoless recipe. have you looked at dottis?

kathy, we missed the derby today. i used to love going to the races in bossier. i haven't been to one anywhere in years. that might be something for us to plan to do.

frouf, i love reading about your outings. i know you and the ds's had a good time together today. i had my popcorn tonight. i didn't burn it!! i cut up 3 ww chocolate covered coconut bars into it and let it melt all over the popcorn. thought i was in heaven.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:25 PM   #17  

Height: 5'7"

We are definitely having slow days!

So I made the goulash and whole wheat rolls, and then the guys came in and said let's go eat Mexican food. We did but I just had 1/2 margarita, a whole lot of chips, some guacamole and cheese dip. Then we came back to our house to watch the Rangers and I fell asleep on the couch because my foot was hurting and Judd had given me pain pills.

Oh and let this be a lesson to you all: don't go drinking with my husband. Last night, his friend Jon was just totally too far gone! They were at this bar and Jon got some money from the ATM then said to Judd, here take this money, it's for you. Judd wasn't drinking so he took the money. When he got home this morning at 2:00 and we were in the bedroom talking, he remembered about it and took it out of his pocket. It was $140!! And Jon doesn't remember! I thought he was going to give it back and didn't think any more about it. Well, tonight when we were at the restaurant, Judd said he would pay for it. I thought that was mighty generous of him so when he opened his wallet and I saw all this money, I was like WTH?? Where'd you get all that money? He winked and said shutup (under his breath) and so I knew it was Jon's money. I about died! They're playing golf in the morning and I'm sure Judd will pay for that too, so in effect he's giving the money back but Jon doesn't even realize it's gone.

One of my favorite TLC shows this season is "Little People, Big World". Has anyone else seen it? I think I like it so much because one of my best work buddies is an Achondroplasia dwarf and so I'm fairly educated in the little people world and a lot of the diseases and problems that come with it. I was really looking forward to tonight's new episode because their son, Zachary (also a little person) is having surgery but I nearly missed it by sleeping. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it because it's such a good love story about these two people (Matt and Amy Roloff) and their children and life on the farm. I love it.

Eating was good and right on track up until we went to dinner. I'll start all over again tomorrow. I guess I'll go to sleep now. Judd's tee time is 7:07 a.m. and so I'll be waking up early in the morning. I'll be back then, I'm sure.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:32 PM   #18  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, you had a BIG day! I'm glad you had some time alone with your boys.

Sandra, I haven't looked at Dottie's now that you mention it but I have kept abreast of the other sites (Kippy, BCB, and a few others). I haven't really seen any that got me excited. I'd love someone's tried and true. Maybe I should go back through my own files and see if I have one that I can convert. I'm desperate for new things to make for dinner as I need to try to start cooking more at home.

Kathy, I believe you exercised alot of self-control. I'm sure you wanted at least the whole drink! I love Mexican food alot too and really have to stay away from it. Chipotle burrito bowl is as far as I can let myself go. I've never heard of that TLC show. It sounds like it could be interesting. So you can go out drinking with Judd, but leave your ATM card at home?! Wait until the friend sees his statement and can't reconcile it!

I'm craving some avocado. I'm thinking a big chicken salad for lunch tomorrow with some avocado in it.

I'm hoping Melissa is sound asleep in her happy new home. Moving day is SO draining.

My head/chest cold is getting worse. I'm trying to stay up until I can take some more medicine. It'll be another Vick's vaporub night. It really does help and let me rest.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:43 PM   #19  

The weird part about this friend is that he wastes more money than most people have, and never notices (and never balances his checkbook). He's Judd's age, has a great job, a new house right on the golf course, a new truck, has never been married but would like to be, and apparently drinks too much! He is very generous and usually pays. Last night I guess he thought Judd needed extra money, so he got some out and gave it to him. They've been friends for many years; he's the one Judd always does things with. He's such a nice guy that you feel sorry for him for being so goofy.

You could go out to his truck right now, dig around under the seat and in the console, and probably come up with a few hundred bucks. I'm telling you what, he's a good one to hang out with! Judd didn't have to spend any money last night, and dinner was (sorta) free tonight. Jon has Rangers season tickets so even the ballgame didn't cost us anything.

I hope your cold gets better very soon.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:13 AM   #20  
Southside White Sox Fan

What a GREAT guy! I could use a couple of hundred.....I'll be right down. I'm sure I'll be better in a couple of days. It's kind of nice to just have a cold and nothing serious...for a change.

I'm sure my poor husband is asleep on the couch. I need to start getting ready for bed. By the time I get all my prep done, it'll be close enough to time for more medicine.

See ya all in the morning!
Old 05-07-2006, 08:11 AM   #21  

Good morning! We had a rude awakening this morning with the phone ringing -- Judd had forgotten to set the alarm and they were waiting for him at the golf course! Yikes!! Now he's gone and I'm still tired so I might go back to sleep.

What's everybody doing today?
Old 05-07-2006, 09:13 AM   #22  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I just got up at 7:30 and believe it or not I'm still tired. Must be the cold.

Today, house cleaning is on the agenda for me. First I'm going to look at the Sunday sale papers and make a shopping list for tonight's dinner. I also need to figure something out for tomorrow's dinner. I'm a planner and sometimes it even gets to ME.

I'm also supposed to walk on the treadmill today. I'm REALLY not feeling like doing it right now but I'm going to try to force myself. The scale is up and believe it or not, I just don't care right now. Not a good sign.

Kathy, I hope you guys are close enough that Judd didn't have to drive like a maniac. Does your day promise to be quiet?

Melissa, I hope you slept well. It will take a little while to feel like home.

Everyone else, I hope you have a great Sunday.

Last edited by Vickie; 05-07-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:26 AM   #23  

I'm sure he made it okay. There's no traffic between here and the course, at least not at 7:00 on a Sunday morning.

I was up another pound this morning too, so two pounds in two days. That's stinky! I know it's not actual weight, but more like all the salt in that Mexican food. I'll lay low today and take it easy. Hopefully the scale will be much more cooperative next Saturday.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:31 AM   #24  

Morning chickies
I slept in this morning,,,whew felt good. Its finally warmed up a bit here today..it actually snowed on friday. I have company coming for supper tomorrow night so today is a cleaning and prep day. We're having the raclette supper again.....mmmmm....so good and so core. Im looking forward to it.
Vickie what about a stir fry for supper. No tomatoes in that.
I like making a shepherds pie with lean ground beef, cooked up with onion, garlic, celery,,, layer that on the bottom of a baking dish. Add one can of drained niblets layer then top with garlic mashed potatoes. (cook boiled potatoes with 2 cloves of garlic, mash garlic along with the potatoes and skim milk)Its very simple but yummy and all core.
I was going to plant some plants in the greenhouse today but after the snow we had on friday I think its better to wait another week...hah
Hope your feeling better Vickie
Kathy Im glad your foot it feeling better.
Sandra that popcorn sounds soooooooooooo good! I have to try that.
Ok I better get off here and get some work done.
have a great day chickies.
ttyl
Old 05-07-2006, 12:42 PM   #25  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Good morning - I guess it's actually afternoon!

Finally up and aboiut - have one load of laundry in and getting ready to go to Farmboy - my favorite healthy food haven! ha ha ha (I have a list w/a few things on it - but I usually come out with more than I planned to buy!)

Was up arond 9 am but lazed around in bed til hunger took over. Made a lovely small pot of cornmeal hot cereal for breakfast - really hit the spot - with some earl grey tea!

We are off to sil's place today (her dh gone on a fishing trip in their new 36 FOOT RV!) - we can't wait to see it! Seems the pool is open tho not as heated as usual - little ds is sick w/excitement and getting ready for his first outdoor swim of the season altho it is anything but warm outside (high around 55 today). We'll see how he manages.

She has asked us to stay for dinner - I am already marinating chicken breasts in a bottle of atkins bbq sauce I found in my pantry - so I shall bring those along for grilling. Sounds like she is low in veggies so I will be picking up something at farmboy to bring along as well. Maybe pick up some baby carrots and dip for munching?

Best news is dh and I got our income tax refund cheques so putting those in the bank - mine should cover the eventual patio set, barbeque and gardening supplies!

Melissa - hope you had a good sleep in the new place. I remember our first place - we finally got all moved in and it was late! After 10 pm - movers come to tell us they can't get our queen size bed upstairs - we first think they are joking with us - but soon realize they are serious!

Because of narrow stairway and sloped ceiling over the stairs the bed does not go up! We freaked out of course - luckily I think we had the hotel room for another night (we were moving from another city) - next day neighbour said 'no problem' and helped us FORCE the mattress upstairs - we left these scrape marks in the stucco ceiling over the stairs as a memento!

Live and learn of course - next house we definitely looked for any physical obstructions regarding furniture moving!

kathy - hope you were able to get back to sleep after Judd left - what a panic for him!

Patti - can't believe you got snow on Friday! Glad you got to sleep in and your core recipes sounds very yummy!

Vickie - sending you good vibes and motivation to go on the treadmill even if you don't feel like it! What's for dinner?

Contemplating whether I go swimming or not? not in the mood either - just want to sit outside and enjoy the fresh air (sil's backyard is lovely - and very large w/inground pool and gazebo (I don't think the trampoline is out yet?) w/lovely landscaping and flowers and rocks - very restful.) I shall pack my swimsuit just in case!

Later,

Frouf
Old 05-07-2006, 01:25 PM   #26  

Happy BBQ'ing, Frouf. That sounds like a lot of fun.

Judd came home from golf and he and his friend Jon have now gone to the Rangers game. He said he got to the golf course in 4 minutes. I wouldn't have wanted to be riding with him. I'm still in bed as I feel pretty rotten today. Tonight I'm going to try and sleep without the pain pills since they keep me groggy for most of the next day. Anyway, at least I get a break for another 4-5 hours. They'll probably come back here and watch the Mavericks/Spurs game that's on right now but being TiVo'd.

My stomach hurts so I'm going to the kitchen to see if I can find something to take, and will also fill up my water glass. It's probably because Judd brought me a little package of peanuts and I ate a few of them. That won't help my salt situation any either but right now it's got my tummy making noises.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:34 PM   #27  

Hi everyone, I finally got a chance to jump in here and say hi. My DH is home today keeping the two kiddies occupied. I am 41 and have two children, my son is 6 and my daughter is 2 1/2 going on 12. Talk about terrible two's ( she is driving me insane lol). I will come back later and chat, gotta get ready to take the kids to see Ice Age, I don't know if my daughter will sit through it, being her first time at a theatre. Wish me luck!!
Old 05-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #28  

I have been meaning to mention that we might be going to Lexington this summer. MIGHT. Judd's aunt just found out she has breast cancer and is having a double mastectomy next week. They said it is massive, and the worst part is that she just had a mammogram last June! I told Judd we really should go visit because I haven't seen his aunts, uncles or cousins since '99 when his brother got married. We have a place to stay (MIL/FIL have a farm outside Louisville) so we could drive to Louisville, see the relatives in that area, then to Lexington, see those relatives (and Melissa and Aaron) and go to Shakertown. It would probably be like a long, very exhausting weekend with two days of driving and two days of visiting. If we plan it right, maybe we could go near Memorial Day and have an extra day off. We'll have to see ... I'm still talking to him about it.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:38 PM   #29  

Hey there Niki! I'm glad you decided to join us! Enjoy the movie and hurry back!
Old 05-07-2006, 05:11 PM   #30  

Holy moly, it's slow!! I can't imagine everybody but me having a life!

I just made a cake -- white with milk chocolate frosting -- in case they get home from the game and want to eat. We have last night's goulash and wheat rolls that nobody ate, so that's what's on tonight's menu, along with a new salad.

I did a little bit of laundry but now my whole leg hurts so I'm done for the day.
Closed Thread