Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 04:20 PM   #361  
Southside White Sox Fan

I feel so decadent. It's 3:15 in the afternoon. I walked on the treadmill. Had oatmeal and applesauce for dessert. Took kittie to the Vet for her vaccinations and now I'm just relaxing and playing video games. I probably should exercise some more but I'm not. Still have cramps. Ugh. It's **** to get old. Except for that....Life is good.

I'm VERY worried about Rita. I'm wondering if she's ok and whether or not the panhandle has power. I'm also wondering if she went on her trip. Chaille, are you there? Can you tell us if Rita is ok?
Old 08-30-2005, 04:27 PM   #362  
focused and aiming

i'm worried about rita and chaille, too. i hope they can post us an "i'm safe" message soon.

vickie, i enjoy these decadent days, don't you? as for tom, i haven't been there in about 7 or so years. i have to tell you i don't miss it. i honestly don't even think of it any more. i'm heading down to watch some world series of poker and walk the treadmill while doing so. i have some pineapple lush for an afternoon snack. speaking of which, i need to go post today's menu.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:48 PM   #363  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yeah, I need to go make dessert too. It's going to be cannoli cream with fresh strawberries. We liked it enough for me to make it again so soon.

My stomach is actually growling so I know I waited too long.

My heart is breaking for those in New Orleans. The weather channel says 80% of it is underwater and they are now evacuating the Superdome. I almost moved there in the 80's.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:22 PM   #364  
focused and aiming

i have been glued to the tv watching the events in the south. it's horrific and sad. it's hard to believe something like that can happen, isn't it?
Old 08-30-2005, 07:52 PM   #365  
focused and aiming

i am so thankful you're safe.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:20 PM   #366  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, it's great to hear you're ok! Now if Rita and Chaille would just check in.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:37 PM   #367  

Height: 5'7"

Linda, it's good to hear from you. Take care!

It's quiet here tonight for a change. Wonder why?
Old 08-30-2005, 09:43 PM   #368  
Southside White Sox Fan

I don't know. Sandra and I have been talking to each other most of the afternoon. Glad you're here!
Old 08-30-2005, 09:55 PM   #369  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Linda - I am so glad you are okay! I am still worried about our other florida chickies - and hope it's just a power outage thing! How scare for those in the path of the hurricane!

Thanks Sandra and Vickie for your concern. I have not heard from the therapist yet, but hopefully will tomorrow - altho I will be in and out most of the day.

I did have a "talk" w/dd who says she is not a "normal" child and it's my fault of course? I told her that everywhere in life there will be rules (work, school, cities, countries) and it's never a free for all where we can do what we want! I told her I want all her profiles removed from the internet and don't want her "conversing" with strangers! Said I would leave the MSN messenger alone for the moment as she "needs" her friends. But her internet usage is down to 2 hours per day and will be monitored if required. I feel so nasty but I told her it's my job as a parent to take care of her - even if it means protecting her from herself!

DH and I are also wondering if this therapist is on the ball and knows what she is dealing with? May be time to get another opinion or get some other intervention?

She went out after our talk - said she was going on a bike ride around the block. She left, we found the bike on the front lawn and no dd! Of course I went out driving to look for her - at the scary skateboard park not too far away. I actually left cuz I was getting scared myself - lots of teens standing around and smoking - not the most savory types! Anyhow she turned up home about 20 mins later, said she was in the "woods" across the street - probably putting a spell on all of us! (Yes I did try to find out about her attraction to Wiccan and what she was getting out of it!).

I am feeling so anxious right now - got a coffee on the way home. I am hungry now (did not eat much dinner) but also feeling like nervous butterflies in my tummy - this is really stressing me out. Dh feels so bad for me - he is trying to cheer me up cuz I am officially on "vacation" now - off of work til next Tuesday - but I can't relax yet or enjoy myself as I am too worried about dd. I sure hope we can manage thru the weekend - esp travelling!

Also do you think I should get weighed before I leave town? Have not been to WI for a couple of weeks - this saturday I will again be out of town. I can get weighed thurs am before I leave - but wondering if this is useful? I feel I really need to go to a meeting and not get weighed (for motivation and inspiration). The upside is if I wait another week I will at least be the same or have a loss which will certainly add to my motivation!

Time to try and relax now!

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 08-30-2005 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:09 PM   #370  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, in the states we have a no weigh in pass. We still have to pay for the meeting but we do not have to get on the scale. If you think the meeting will help you then you should go for sure. I'm sure they won't force you on the scale even if they don't have this program in Canada.

Keep up your approach with DD. She needs boundaries badly. I don't think it ever hurts to get a second opinon. If her therapist hasn't responded yet, I'd feel that she isn't showing enough concern. Good luck. I'll be praying for you all.

Last edited by Vickie; 08-30-2005 at 10:13 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:54 PM   #371  
Card Carrying Princess

Thanks Vickie - you are so sweet!

No such thing as a no-weigh pass here - not sure where there is a meeting tomorrow or thurs - will do some research and see how I feel about just getting weighed?

Time for bed!

Frouf
Old 08-30-2005, 11:53 PM   #372  
focused and aiming

frouf, i agree with vickie about your possibly needing a second opinion. what about a school counselor? just wondering. we used to have one where i taught that was really good. the kids would go into his office and talk with him on their own all the time. he helped a lot of kids.

Last edited by ontarget; 08-31-2005 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-31-2005, 07:17 AM   #373  
banned

Hi All,

I tried to get on line yesterday. Something was "up" with our service. I have been glued to the tv for 2 days. My heart is hurting so for all of the people in those coastal states. It looks like a wasteland. It amazed me how quickly people could become so isolated and desolate in the United States. Everyone is so helpless to get in or out. They have plenty of supplies but can't get them to where they are needed. It seems like a nightmare. People could die of exposure and no water before being rescued. That is a sad thing.

Frouf...Your DD needs some help for sure. I agree with you about a second therapist opinion. This sounds like a serious situation with her. And Frouf....it is not your fault. She is saying what she is saying to you because she knows it will "get to you". As the good Dr. Phil says, "It is working for her." I think this generation is especially troubled and surrounded with evil influence. The peer pressure out there is horrific. I have teen grand daughters. My daughters do not let their girls have free rein on the puters. They tell them that they will and do oversee everything that goes out and everything that comes in. Your DD is your most precious gift that God has given you to raise and guide until she can make sensible and adult decisions for herself. She sure is not doing that now. I think you have to get her back on track at any cost. She will not like it but you could save her life...if not her physical life, her mental life. Okay....enough from Grandma Billie.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:16 AM   #374  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning All! I stayed up until long after midnight watching CNN. I just cannot tear myself away. I've been praying and hoping that something good will happen soon for these people in New Orleans and Mississippi. Back up at 7:00 because I just couldn't sleep anymore. Cat was throwing up and the dog was whining to go out. Sheesh....don't they know I was up late. It's not fun to clean cat puke up as soon as you wake up. Hope no one is reading this over breakfast!

I have a mini-pedicure appointment today. Basically, just a polish change today for my party on Saturday and Labor Day Part on Monday. I have to leave at 10:00 so I better get hopping if I'm going to treadmill, eat, and shower before I go. I'm not sure what I'll do this afternoon. We'll probably go out to lunch and run a few errands.

I still have cramps as bad as if I had my period. I may have to make an appointment sooner rather than in February when my pap is due. Maybe this would be a good time to meet my new Doctor.

Hope you all have a great Wednesday! I think I'll go post the daily menu even though I have NO clue what I'm eating!
Old 08-31-2005, 09:36 AM   #375  
Card Carrying Princess

Hi and Good Morning Vickie - or at least I hope it's better now? I also stayed up too late (reading) - tried to go bed but had bad tummy pains - weird - like very strong hunger pains!!! Enuf to keep me from sleeping - so dh sent me downstairs - like 1 am. Had a small bowl of raisin bran cereal w/milk, read a bit, then felt good enuf to go back to bad. Needless to say I am still very tired.

Let us know nail color when u get back from you mini-pedicure!!!
Billie - Thanks so much for your advice and guidance - I agree w/you wholeheartedly. It's just so hard to constantly battle it out - I told her it was my job to make good decisions for her until such time as she can do this on her own (like will that ever happen?). I am not sure waht the attraction is - her big thing is how I don't accept her for who she is (yes I really don't want a goth practicing witch for a daughter? Wants to do wiccan spells now - told her no candles in the house so she plans to do this outside!!! She is now readng up on it - I think she just wants to do stuff as different from "us" as possible - some of it rebellious for sure!).

I am in and out today but hopefully can connect w/therapist.

Sandra - she is starting high school next week - I know they have "guidance" counsellors for the academic stuff, but not sure about anything else. I happen to know the principal very well! (due to ds! ha ha ha). We are going there today to pick up her schedule, get locker and pay student fees - if I see the principal I may have a chat w/her - I think it might be wise to alert her to dd and her problems altho I know she can't monitor her at least she will be informed!

I am already behind schedule- nail appt at 10 am and I am sitting here in my pj's - not dressed or washed or fed!!! Hair appt (w/dd no less) this afternoon.

It is raining here (tail end of Katrina) but I dare not complain seeing the devastation down south - I can't even imagine living thru that - and I LOVE New Orleans - I was there a few years ago and really enjoyed the ambience, food and music. This is very sad!

..and I decided to have my own "official" weigh in at home tomorrow morning and use that as my guide for the next sat when I can finally get back to my meetings! As we are packing up tomorrow I will really have not time to go out! Wish me luck - I will try and take my water bottle with me everywhere today altho I find when I am not at work my scheduled is definitely off!

Later,

Frouf!
Closed Thread