Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 09:18 PM   #301  
focused and aiming

congratulations, kathy. you have made a wise decision.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:07 PM   #302  

Welcome to maintenance Kathy! So what are we going to do to tone? I really should be doing Pilates or something like that.

I really do think you've made a good decision.

Angela
Old 08-28-2005, 10:14 PM   #303  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey.....step away for a minute and someone reaches goal! Woo Hoo, Kathy! Congratulations! I, too, think you made a great decision. As we've talked about before you are the one the only person that could make this decision. You were not mentally ready to declare yourself at goal before now so it was all elementary. It didn't matter that we all think you are gorgeous and at an ideal weight. You've already mastered maintenance so I think all that is left is for you to try to enjoy life and help us all get to goal behind you!

OMG, Rita! Here we were worried about the hurricane. I'm SO sorry that you're sick. It sounds like you have a horrible flu or food poisoning. I hope you get better soon. Maybe you need to go to the Doctor. I wouldn't recommend and emergency room but maybe you should go. Hope the hurricane doesn't affect you too terribly.

Angela, I hope you got a great nap.

Sandra, I will definitely give the pudding a try one of these times. I was hoping you wouldn't say that you used fresh peaches because I hate peeling and cutting! Lazy girl.

Vicki, how cool is that to have a professional dancer in the family.

Lisa, welcome back to the swing of things!

Patti, I forgot to tell you how to get a chick! You go to user CP at the top by the threads. Choose edit avatar and you'll see the chicks. Select the appropriate chick and save. Say hello to my 45 pound chick. I've been waiting for it for forever and I'm not likely to get it tomorrow. I'm expecting a gain with TOM still hanging around. Bummer.

All I have left to clean is the laundry room. Then I get to start over but at least the heavy stuff is done. I still need to do baseboards, doors, and window frames with Murphy's oil soap but I decided to wait until closer to the christmas holidays. I'm going to have some tea now and relax. I promised one of my group members some recipes for tomorrow. Talk to you after my weigh in.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:15 PM   #304  
Southside White Sox Fan

There's always deep house cleaning. I'm feeling muscles that I forgot I had!
Old 08-28-2005, 11:13 PM   #305  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

My poor darling Rita - I was so worried about you - glad to see u are alive, but so sorry to hear about your tummy bug! I sure hope you get better very soon! Please check in when you can.

Kathy - CONGRATULATIONS - I am so thrilled that you have decided to go on to maintenance - you do have experience w/this already and I know you look great so you're right - the numbers don't mean much at this point. I am very excited to see how you do as you are a mentor and role model now for the rest of us!

Vicki - I am very impressed w/your daughter! How lucky for her to be able to follow her dream. While my dd loves dances I honestly can't say it's in her blood or that she is fantastic at it - of course her weight probably is an issue as well. The more I think about it the more I do not want her to switch - the main reason is just proximity and her ability to get there on her own after school if required. The competitive thing is a moot point and I can see you know from experience how tough and expensive that can be!

I do encourage her dancing and the main reason is as mentioned her weight as this is the only regular exercise she does - (aside from phys ed in school). The tap is esp good for her! But she was shocked when i told her how much it cost (about $1000 per year per class) when she said she wanted to take 5 classes - I do not have $5000 to spend on dance classes! Even the 3 classes is a stretch! I guess at 13 you just don't get it! Always wanting, wanting, wanting stuff - I find it rather irritating! and have told her so

Lisa - sounds like your dd will also be very busy this year! Good luck.

I am hungry again, but just drinking water now to avoid eating more. I did okay most of the day - trying to get rid of the sugar cravings. Did have some lf coolwhip on my peaches and ate some of the mac and cheese ds left in his bowl!

Taking ds and dd for dr checkup tomorrow morning, then to work. But I have booked off a few days as I am thinking of going to visit gf in Toronto (her dh's 50th birthday party on sunday). The only thing turning me off is the long drive (about 5 hrs) w/dh and 2 kiddies in the car - not fun! I know there will be lots of arguments and tension in the car. Seriously thinking of getting one of those portable dvd players for some peace and quiet in the car. Will do some research on this soon!

...and I finally got to talk to ds!!! Got him on his cellphone around 2 pm - they had arrived safely in Houston, and he was on the shuttle to the port in Galveston to board the ship - I am so envioius and happy for him. I keep thinking of him and what he might be doing. Hope he comes back w/some great stories so I can enjoy the cruise vicariously! (Oh ya and dd was jealous that I folded all of ds' laundry for him - tried to get me to fold her laundry for her today - told her she needed the practice - and that is she was going on a trip maybe I would help her out and fold her laundry too! )

Time for bed I guess!

Frouf
Old 08-29-2005, 09:03 AM   #306  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, I'm glad you talked to DS. I hate it when Jim is somehwere out of reach even though it doesn't happen very often. Hang in there....it sounds like you are really beating that sugar monster.

I'm getting ready to go for my weigh in. By my guess, I'll be up almost 2 pounds. I know I didn't eat that much food or bad food. I ate all my points this week plus some of my activity points which I usually don't do. I think my TOM ended yesterday but there doesn't seem to have been a drop in my weight. Sigh. I'm NEVER going to get my 45 pound chick.

Talk to you after weigh in.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:13 AM   #307  
Melissa

Vickie,
Kathy, I think that you made a great decision. Congrats!
Rita, hope you are feeling better.

I'm at work, muddling through. I need to go get some gas before prices skyrocket. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:44 AM   #308  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, all!

Well, I'm taking off my ticker because I don't need it anymore. If I start slipping, I'll put it back up. I think I can manage to stay around 148-152 with no problem, and maybe after I've maintained that for a while I can lose a little more. If I feel like it, that is.

Melissa, I hope you feel better today. You too, Vickie, with those sore muscles! Deep cleaning is good exercise and has the added benefit of ... well, a deeply cleaned house! And good luck with the game tonight. I still love my Rangers even though this season is totally shot -- so win or lose, it doesn't matter as long as I have fun watching the game! Oh and as long as we don't get completely whooped up on by you guys!

My dad might be here in town tonight because crazy aunt is getting out of the loony bin and going back to the assisted living place. They're allowing her to come back on the condition that none of her pill-swapping nutso friends visit. My dad won't spend the night though because he has three nighttime sleeping machines that are hard to drag with him ... but he might be here for dinner. I bought six filet mignons and some chicken that we will grill tonight.

I suppose I should do some work. Thanks for all the well wishes. Angela, I will be keeping you in mind due to the fact that you have maintained so well! If I have to, I'll copy your menus.

Everybody have a great day!
Old 08-29-2005, 12:20 PM   #309  
focused and aiming

good morning. i've already walked a mile on the treadmill and plan on doing another before lunch. right now i'm im'ing with billie. she's just had a birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BILLIE!!!

vickie, curtis finished off the peaches n cream pud last night. i'm anxious to read of your wi success.

frouf, i'm glad you got to talk to ds. let us know about his trip so we can live it, too.

vickie, never say never. we will get where we want to be. we're just taking the scenic route. we could both get there faster if we cut down to the bare essentials of eating, but would that be fun?

melissa, some days muddling is all we can do. have a good day.

kathy, you sound more upbeat already. i am sooooo happy for you.

Last edited by notnew2this; 08-29-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:32 PM   #310  
Card Carrying Princess

At work - stuffing my face w/lunch - I am so hungry - having taken to kids to dr appt this am - grabbed a banana and glass of milk on the way out - but so hungry now. Brought a nice core lunch to work which I am now enjoying (marinated/baked salmon, green/wax beans, baked potato and watermelon for dessert). Trying to catch up on my water as I am very behind (and no coffee this am either!).

Rita - hope you are feeling better and can check in to let us know how you're doing!

Melissa - definitely eat what you can - have you called dr yet to let him know how you're feeling? How is your dh handling all of this? Mine would have tied me up and taken me to the dr whether I wanted to go or not!

Speaking of which dh is at the dr right now probably getting bad news about his cholesterol and hopefully getting a prescription for something! I know he was trying to avoid that but it just wasn't working - so better to take meds than harm yourself further! Poor thing - I know he did not sleep well last night cuz he was stressed about this - and will probably not be too happy when he gets home either! Hope he gets a nap cuz he has been up since 4 am worrying!

Looks like we will also be getting some of the leftover rain from Katrina by the end of the week - hopefully this will NOT be on the day we decide to drive to Toronto??? I am getting a bit uptight about travelling and eating! I really really need to stay focused and on plan, but this is usually harder when visiting and eating out. My gf is a vegetarian and does watch her weight (altho she is also a chocoholic and does eat sweets) but also is quite the carb eater so I will need to choose carefully. Also we are going out for dinner saturday night, and they are havng a buffet/party on sunday night for around 25 people - I think chicken, salmon and salads on the menu so I'm hoping I can find something appropriate - the biggest problem will be SUGAR. I know there will be cake, cookies, chocolate and of course chips as well (and lots of red wine!), so I will have to be on my best behaviour and be strong enuf to avoid all that junk! Hopefully there will be fruit on hand that I can munch on.

Vickie - how did weigh in go? I know you are bound and determined to get this weight off so just look at this at a little blip on the big screen. I know that TOM can wreak havoc w/scale numbers - so just think positive - esp on how much better you will do next week when all the bloat is gone! Something to look forward to!

So Kathy - how is your first day of "maintenance" going? Enjoy your dinner w/your dad!

Time for dessert!

Frouf
Old 08-29-2005, 12:40 PM   #311  
focused and aiming

frouf, i understand what you're saying. sometimes i think it would be much easier to just eat all meals at home. i guess that would be too boring, though, don't you? a few years ago i figured it out (my life) and found that there was some sort of event every 2 weeks or so. challenges all over the place.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:43 PM   #312  
focused and aiming

frouf, vicki, rita, cher, patti, linda, lisa, and anyone else i missed here that doesn't have a photo posted on your public profile, i was wondering if you could post a photo so we can see what you look like.

if you'd rather not "go public", i understand. i know this is a public board and not a private one. i just thought it would be neat to get to see everyone. it helps to have a face to go with the text.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:40 PM   #313  
Athlete in Training

Happy birthday Billie!
Old 08-29-2005, 01:47 PM   #314  
Card Carrying Princess

ha ha ha - mystery froufie here - I am getting my hair done wed pm so any pics will have to wait until then! (so all the gray roots will be gone!) Will get dh to take a pic w/digital camere - I think the hardest part might be figuring out how to attach it!

Also sending birthday wishes to Billie - Have a wonderful birthday - may all your wishes come true!

Sandra - I am very impressed with your already completed exercise - good for you! And I agree every time we turn around there is a "special occasion" - need to realize that while these are special - we can't always be celebrating w/food - need to enjoy the company and keep things under control - yes this is part of life and something I definitely need to learn to deal with - no point in avoiding it. Besides it's fun to eat out!

Dh back from dr appt - cholesterol slightly up - no panic yet? CRP has gone down dramatically which is good. Dh was given of course a sheet of diet info, told to exercise more, and is being scheduled for a stress test to see how his cardiovascular system is doing. I am so glad she is monitoring this (his last dr was a quack - and did not even follow up w/him on the high cholesterol diagnosis!). He is to go back in 2 monhts for another follow up.

Later,

Frouf

Last edited by Froufy; 08-29-2005 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:35 PM   #315  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Girls! I just stopped in after lunch and errands. Oh yeah...and the weigh in. I gained .8. Sheesh. I'm NEVER going to get that 45 pound chick! I'm ok. Because of the holiday, I have to weigh in next Sunday which is only 6 days away. I'm going to be good as gold. I had salad for lunch today and I'm barely pouting. Sooner or later there will be a big woosh.

Gotta go to CVS and Walgreens now!
Closed Thread