Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 11:02 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thursday menus - Feb. 3

Happy Thursday!

B: 95% lean HB patty with FF cheese slice melted on top, picante sauce on the side

Sn: banana and 1/2 bag (11 chips) Baked Lays

L: 1/2 cup of black beans with avocado, FF sour cream and grated cheese, chopped red onions

D: Not sure yet

And a ton of water. I'm back up a few due not drinking my water in the last week or so ... it shows because I can tell I'm retaining it!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:45 AM   #2  

b: puffed wheat with splenda & skim milk
s: applesauce
l: leftover sweet & saucy meatballs over barley, green beans, milk
d: salmon patties, hash browns & some veggie, milk

Angela
Old 02-03-2005, 12:51 PM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default Thursday's Menu

Breakfast:
one measly mug of decaf w/evap milk
water

Lunch:
big container of beef/barley/cabbage tomato soup
1 c. grapes
rice pudding w/raisins

Snack: cut up raw veggies

Dinner:??? have to eat before we go out or I will pig out at restaurant! Maybe an omellette? or the saucy meatballs if I can defrost some ground beef?

The Cheshire Cat Restaurant: (7-10 pm)
diet pepsi? or club soda w/twist (don't dare drink wine or I'll get drunk and eat everything in sight! )
hopefully can find some veggies & dip or other core friendly food? otherwise plan to KEEP MY MOUTH ZIPPED!!! Help!

Froufie
Old 02-03-2005, 01:17 PM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Maybe they'll have shrimp and cocktail sauce. This is all Core and you can eat it until you are satisfied!
Old 02-03-2005, 01:26 PM   #5  

Good luck, Froufie, at the restaurant tonight. I'm sure they'll have a veggie tray and maybe a fruit tray of some sort. Just use salsa as dip or avoid dip altogether and you can munch to your heart's content.

Angela, how do you make your salmon patties? Do your little ones like them? My DD (who is 13 and very picky) also needs to lose weight and she won't touch fish with a 10-foot pole (and I'm a poor example since I also don't like fish). I remember my grandmother used to cook these things called salmon croquettes when I was young ... made with canned salmon and potatoes of some kind and they were pretty good.

B: Cooked this wheatena stuff and ... ugh ... not for me
Had puffed millet cereal with soy milk instead
Diet V8 Splash
S: FF plain yogurt w/lime jello powder
L: Roasted chicken salad from Subway with FF ranch dressing
S: 2 Wasa crackers w/LC light cheese (points) and applesauce
D: Big salad with slivered almonds (points)
Lentil/barley/edamame chicken soup
Mock apple/berry cobbler
S: SF/FF butterscotch pudding
Old 02-03-2005, 01:51 PM   #6  

I'm using the recipe from our recipe board, but I'm substituting oatmeal for the bread crumbs. I'm betting the little ones will HATE them, but oh well. Can't love supper every single day, can ya? I made them once before, but I used crab instead of salmon. They were very yummy.

Angela
Old 02-03-2005, 01:54 PM   #7  

Thanks Angela ... I'll check it out and give it a whirl. I guess they'll be my first baby steps in making myself learn to hopefully enjoy fish!
Old 02-03-2005, 01:57 PM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Deborah, I'm not a big fish eater either. Salmon is a pretty strong tasting fish. I've experimented with some at restaurants (then I don't have to have the fishy smell at home!) because Hubby won't eat it at all. I've tried and liked Whitefish and Walleye because they have very mild taste and good texture. I like Salmon alot but it can be strong smelling. Maybe it will help if you mix enough stuff up with it!
Old 02-03-2005, 02:16 PM   #9  

Vickie, your husband sounds like mine. The extent of his fish-eating is a filet o' fish from McD's. I tried salmon once a while back, in some kind of sauce stuff, and it was nasty! Ugh! Thanks for the tips on milder tasting fish ... it really is that "fish" taste I can't stand ... not to mention looking at their poor glassy eyes in the fresh seafood section of the grocery store. Completely takes my appetite away ... one of the few things that can!
Old 02-03-2005, 05:51 PM   #10  
PinkBrideToBe

Hi ladies . I'm hading off to my meeting... wish me luck I'm not feeling a very good weigh-in! I'll report back tomorrow morning - have a nice one!
Old 02-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #11  

Good luck, Bride!!! We'll be waiting to hear ... but either way, you're still down from where you were, so that's a positive!
Old 02-03-2005, 07:31 PM   #12  

Now hear this -- stay out of my way or you'll be sorry!!! Here's why:

On the way home from work I thought "Man, I don't want to cook!" so I went to the grocery store and got a roasted chicken and some veggies to steam. On the way home, I called DH and asked what he wanted, and told him what I had bought, but we both decided that didn't sound good, and so we decided on Boston Market.

Great plan! I went and got turkey, four sides, cornbread, and they asked if I wanted to add a whole meatloaf for $2.99. Well heck yeah!! So I brought all that food home and we ate. It was on the island and I was in here on the computer checking the board.

All of a sudden, I hear a big ol' foil-banging noise! I went in the kitchen and the meatloaf pan was in the floor and the Bindy, the wonder dog (Border Collie) was licking it. We had maybe 2 slices out of the 10 slices of this meatloaf -- and Bindy had the rest!

She has a bad habit of putting her paws up on the counters "just to look around" and I guess she was able to get the meatloaf down. She is now OUTSIDE until I cool off! OMG, I wanted to strangle her!!!

So ... tomorrow night we might have roasted Border Collie unless I calm down. I'm telling you what, my heart is still beating fast and I would like to go out there and yell at her some more. Dammit!! I wanted meatloaf for lunch tomorrow!!!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:32 AM   #13  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Bad doggie - bad bad doggie - never EAT Kathy's meatloaf OR ELSE!!!!

You better buy her a Coke and maybe, just maybe she'll let you back in the house!

Shame on you!

Frouf
Closed Thread