Old 07-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #46  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, so happy to hear you are home and in the mood for pancakes!

I'd die right now if anyone tried to put a warmed up blanket on me. It's over 100!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #47  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, so glad you're home enjoying pancakes and a nap. I'll call later this afternoon to check on you. Love you.

Vickie, it's hot down here, too, but those medical places are like freezers. I'm thinking of taking a wrap when Curtis has his surgery.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

First nap down, and I'm sending Doyle for the pain meds The second nap can't be far away.

Do take a wrap Sandra...the AC works very well in those waiting rooms and surgical theaters.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #49  

Rhonda, glad your surgery went well and you seem to be in good spirits. Yes, they keep those places really cold to cut back on germs, I'm told. Pancakes sound wonderful.

Hey to all the chicks.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #50  
focused and aiming

Got to talk to Rhonda and Doyle today. She sounds really good and is in good spirits.

I saw Spot (bunny) this afternoon! I was so worried about him since we saw a huge snake slither into his "brier patch" yesterday. The snake may still be there. We couldn't get it out.

I am back OP today after my hiatus yesterday. (Hope I stay OP. I've been "shaky" lately)
Old 07-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Rhonda, I'm so glad that things went well for you! Now it's time to rest and let Doyle take care of you

Sandra, hang in there! At least you have only been shaky; I have been way, way off! I agree with taking a wrap with you to the hospital; fruit and ww snacks would be good also!

Vickie, sorry about your heat wave. We have been over 100 for several days now.

Nancy, sounds like you had a great visit!

Hey to the rest of y'all!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #52  

Doyle has been great. I'm taking my second pain pill and heading to bed.

I think I told you about the heron in the driveway yesterday. He was back this afternoon, this time in the backyard at the time Sandra and I were on the phone. I couldn't see him from where I was sitting, but Doyle did.

'night all...
Old 07-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #53  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I am going to take some WW snacks and a wrap. Good ideas.

We're watching "Cheyenne Autumn." Good movie with lots of good stars. (1964)
Old 07-07-2012, 12:17 AM   #54  

Rhonda..so glad you are doing okay..Glad Doyle is spoiling you some..

I got my hair colored & highlighted today & I like it..
letting it get a bit longer than the usually chin length..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #55  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Today I'm taking my shaky stomach and smiling face to have late lunch with some friends from high school. No way I'm canceling that date! They make me laugh. Not sure what I'll eat but that's not the most important aspect of today now is it?!

Rhonda, how you have an easy recovery.

Light and love to the rest of you. This is supposed to be the last day of our heat wave but we'll see. It would be nice to be down in our regular mid to high 80 temperatures.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #56  

Morning chicks.

Rhonda, hope you had a good night and the pain meds worked.

Sandra, that is cute you named your bunny. Spot, oh my, hope he doesn't think he is a dog,

Nancy, I used to always highlight my hair. I keep mine short and need a trim soon. I need one about every 5 wks.

I'm leaving soon to go shopping with my daughter. She has one client this morning and then we are heading to TN.

My husband has been gone since last Sat (helping with his mom while other sister goes on vacation). I thought for sure I had gained a few lbs. But, since I've been at work cleaning the hoarders room, guess I wasn't eating as much as I thought. Still the same.

Hey to Vickie and sloan. Gotta go.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Workin' in my "hoarders room" today
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:41 AM   #58  

Sleeping in my recliner today. The night wasn't too bad. In fact, I had much worse nights with the sprained ankle. In the main, surgical injuries are better than crude ones

DH got up early with the dog, helped me relocate from bed to recliner, prepared my breakfast, organized a nice fruit and nut tray for me, brought me my books, computer and crossword puzzle book and went back to bed. He said he slept better last night than he had in a long time---I must have worked him really hard yesterday.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #59  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its going to be HOT today ,have the a/c rumbling and will not go out again this morning,other than church.

Got on the scale this morning and I maintained,even though Rita & I ate alot over the holiday.

Looks like my friend Mary and I will have to find another theater to see our movies in, the cinema pub doesn't seem to be on my web site anymore.At least goggle doesn't have them listed. Oh Well !!!

Sorry I was MIA yesterday, was out of the house for must of the day.

Quote:
I definitely have a bug or bad effects from the heat. Stomach is still off. Date night has definitely been postponed. Heat wave is expected to last until Saturday here.
VICKIE-Sorry about date night having to be postponed,This heat is effecting a lot of people. I'm not going out today anymore except for church this morning. All I can suggest to to have some kind of ginger product for your ailing stomach[ginger ale, herb ginger tea, or candied ginger.] have all three in my cabinet just in case it happens to me.

Quote:
Maryann, sorry about your car and fridge. Seems it's always something, doesn't it?
SANDRA-Thanks, the fridge is now fixed and now for the car,don't think is anything major but it has to be fixed before I can get my car inspected. So far so good,even though things do come in 3.

Quote:
Maryann..you are right it all comes at one time doesn't it..Hoping your car a simple fix.
NANCY-According to the mechanic on the phone it should be miner as he told me it has to bean emission control system that causing the idiot light to come on. I have to have my hair cut also,with this hot weather can't stand having it hand over my neck.

Quote:
I have surgery on my foot in the morning, so I'll write when I recover from the grogginess...will be glad to get it over.
RHONDA-Hope the surgery went well, So sorry to hear you had to have foot surgery. I must have missed a post or two as I didn't know. Now I see it was your toe,I have a toe with dried blood under it when I fell on my vacation to Europe. Have to make an appointment with my foot doctor.

PAM-I fine that also when busy in the house or other going some where I forget to eat and don't feel hungry,so I guess it mind over matter.

Have to go,have my handyman coming over to cut my hedges.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #60  
focused and aiming

Just hit a button and lost my post. Darn!

Nancy, how about a photo of your new do? We'd all like to see it.

Pam, kudos for not gaining while dh is away. Spot has a white spot between his eyes. I saw him again this morning. Life is good!

Maryann, glad you're getting all your things repaired. Hope there's not #3.

Vickie, how was lunch? Our heat is supposed to break a bit, too, and we may even get rain.

Rhonda, glad Doyle has stepped up (as expected). I'm glad your pain isn't so bad, too. Keep doing what you need to do.

I just made lunch. We had some meatballs made with salsa. They are yummy! The sauce for them is just salsa and low-sugar grape jelly. (2 cups & 1/3 cup). All you do is bring it to a boil, simmer a bit then add meatballs.

Got to go. I hear the dryer calling.