Old 04-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #16  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh...I see your post Sandra. I'm relieved! Is Rhonda ok?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm fine, thanks.

We only had thunderstorms. I was pacing the floor though. I went out tonight to listen to jazz.

Can you believe those tractor-trailers flying through the air. I've never seen that. All of that and no one was hurt or killed. Amazing. There are good warning systems.

Last edited by Tejas; 04-03-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #18  
focused and aiming

I am amazed, too. Those towns you've been seeing on TV are sort of between Rhonda and me. We were lucky to have been missed. I didn't know what all was going on or I wouldn't have gone to the salon. Seeing the destroyed homes on television was very upsetting. I can only imagine what those people must be going through. Thank goodness no one was killed or seriously injured. Miracle!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #19  

http://www.dentonrc.com/

This is a picture of wall cloud that was on the east side of the town where I live. I wasn't too far away, but didn't recognize it as a wall cloud...I just saw dark.

Last edited by Tejas; 04-04-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #20  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Went to the PO to stop my mail while I'm in NY than to the bank,and than to the Cemetery.Had my dinner and now after posting I will pack,and vacuum the living room & bed room,before I attack the rest of the house. Don't like coming home to a messy home.

RHONDA & SANDRA-Hope you out of the area where the tornadoes hit.
Boy they was a terrible storm damaging a lot of areas. Glad I don't have to face those.

RHONDA-Glad you like the bungee jumping your doing along with a training guiding you into those jumps. Those tornadoes really bother me thats the reason I would never move down south.

SANDRA-Big congrats for losing 1.8 this morning at WI. You're doing great.

Have to go and start packing
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #21  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm so glad ya'll were safe.

Maryann, thank you. Have fun!

This morning we went to town to watch our granddaughter perform. She sang "American Girl." Buttons are popping! I was outside all afternoon flinging arrows with friends. I am sunburned but happy. It's been a stellar day.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #22  

Glad you had a good day, Sandra. I went to the gym and worked in the yard...good day here too.

Nancy, check in with us. I hope you're feeling better today.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #23  

So glad everyone is safe.

I went to a little coastal town named Southport, NC with a girlfriend yesterday and just got home.
We had a seafood dinner overlooking sound & marina, a ferry ride, fishing, shopping & kayaking..

It was the perfect thing to pick me up and I feel back to myself tonight.
I really appreciate all the support here !!!!
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #24  

Nancy

I miss being able to just travel a few minutes and be on the shore of Lake Ontario. But, the lakes and rivers here are really beautiful too.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #25  

morning chicks.

I had cardio appt yesterday. My dr. was thrilled with my cholesterol numbers. He said his day was going from bad to worse, but then he saw my numbers and ....I made his day.... I tried to talk him into letting me get off my meds. He said no way but did let me stop taking the niapsan. If my numbers go up in Sept, I have to get back on it.

Nancy, glad you are feeling better. Sounds like a fun time.

Maryann, we'll miss you. I always try to leave a clean house too. Nothing worse than coming home to a mess. My problem is I'm gone so long I have to deal with the dust.

Rhonda, I commend you for all the exercise you do. I've been slacking but try to do the treadmill at least every third day.

Sandra, congrats again on your achievement in the tournament. You rock!!!

Vickie, are you having foot surgery? Hope you are doing good too.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #26  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm packed but I still have last minute things to buy.This afternoon I going out with my my Rita to 99and than tonight I'm going to sing with my choir at the Holy Thursday Services. One of my friends in my choir is in the hospital so if i find some time I will be visiting her.Otherwise nothing is new,I'm up a bit on the scale due to eating to many snacks with sodium.

SANDRA-Glad you safe,A sun burn already.Gee!! I haven't had chance to set or walk in the sun to have one. Thanks ,I really looking forward to see my family again.

NANCY-Happy to see you 're in good spirits again,nothing like having a friend bring out out of depression.

PAM-Thanks, I won't be gone too long just until next Thursday. Oh Dusting is always there even if your dust everyday.

Have to go and meet my friend

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Hi ladies,
Visiting you after long time.
Rhonda you are a champ, love your bungees.
Nancy a big hug to you, time is the healer dear.
Pam in sept you will be off your medicines, for sure.
Maryann send some cleaning temperament my way too.
I keep my kitchen clean, but my 1/2 living room is filled with my quilting projects. One of these days, husband will say some thing and then I will keep every thing properly. I really need it
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #28  
focused and aiming

Welcome back, Puneri. It's good to see you here.

We are readying to go to a church social tonight. I'm baking hummingbird cupcakes. I'm also looking for good cauliflower ideas. So far I'm thinking of roasting it with some dry onion soup mix (maybe?).

Maryann, this is my 3rd sunburn already this season. Gorgeous day today, too. Curtis is going out in a bit but I may stay inside and read.

Well, I didn't get around to reading. I have been cooking and putzing a bit in the yard.

Got to go. It's about time for us to leave.

Last edited by ontarget; 04-05-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #29  

Hi Puneri.

Sandra, there is lots of salt in that dry onion soup. I'll see if I can find a roasted cauliflower recipe, but probably not by the time you need it

Have fun, Maryann.

I've had a long day and am going to bed.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #30  

morning chicks. Can today be my WI? I liked the number on the scale this morning.

Sandra, you need to remember to apply your sunscreen.

Hi Puneri, welcome back. I used to quilt and have one to finish for my grandson. Maybe I should send it your way.

Hopefully they will come today to look at the flooring. They need to determine if they wood is bad or the install. Ummm, it was the install.

Have a great day.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote