Old 04-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #46  

Height: 5'4"

Jojo...I hate that you are going through that with your mom.. Its so hard to have loved ones suffering in any way.. is she able to write..I was thinking since these things are real in her head if she journaled about them she might feel like she is doing something about things.. I only went through 2 nights with Robin out of his head from the steroids and those were gut wrenching
nights .. Knowing that he actually thought I was not acting in his best interest broke my heart.

I am reading through all the love letters that Robin sent to me when we were dating & through the years.. Honestly it feels like every day is getting harder. I try to distract myself with chores & errands. He was a true soulmate. I was just adjusting to having an empty nest ...It seems
overwhelming tonight...Thanks for listening..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:50 AM   #47  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Thank you everyone, you really are a lovely bunch. It will be a year next month since our daughter died and what with my mum, it has been a horrid year.

She was a straight A student in her youth and a brilliant musician. She spoke 3 languages fluently, was passionate about her job and a thoroughly caring lady. She can barely write her name now, can't even pick out a simple tune on the piano, can't take in anything she reads, and her table manners are appalling. She is completely incontinent. She has gone from a professional lady who always wore a very expensive, well- tailored business suit, hand bag matching her shoes and had her beautiful, snow white hair, set every week. To a dirty smelly harridan who hates the sight of me.
I am an only child (my dad was killed when I was 3 weeks old) mum and I have always been close, there was just the 2 of us. She was very proud of my nursing achievements and had all my certificates framed and hanging in her sitting room (the only time she made me embarrassed)

I nearly lost this post just now, it completely went! I'm so glad I save it every so often as I write so that I don't have to start over.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Life is really difficult at times, isn't it Chickies.

My mother was also a bright light in the world who lost her ability to care for herself and deteriorated, but not like your Mum, Jojo. That's so heartbreaking.

Nancy, your loss is so fresh and staggering. My heart goes out to you. You bet it's overwhelming.....
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:19 AM   #49  
focused and aiming

JoJo and Nancy, I wish there was something I could do to help your pain.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #50  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I can't stay now; just wanted to say hello. I've got errands to do and it will be 85 here today. In Chicago...in April. Nearly unheard of. Brodie, Jim and I are going to the Barkery for some stuff for Brodie. It's all about Brodie. Today is a year ago that he came home with us. How time has flown and how he is completely and forever burrowed into our hearts.

Nancy and Jojo, how I wish I could give you both big hugs. I'll be back later to talk to you both as I have things to say to both of you.

Light and love to the rest of my Chicks. Talk to you later.

BTW, why is the darned scale back up the day before my weigh ins? Maybe the humidity? I did eat a bit of salt. Harumph.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:03 AM   #51  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

New pages up and running.

I gained 4lbs this last week darnit!!!!
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote