Old 03-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #61  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Forgot to change the clocks last night and fortunately someone[Leo] woke me up and it was 6:03 and than I remembered it was actually 7 instead of 6. When I go to church my brunch friends weren't there so I guess they had the same problem like me,but over slept.

Otherwise not new,going to take a nap this afternoon. By the way do any of you know what to do with the car key thingy when it doesn't work opening up the door locks or trunk????? I don't see where there's a battery to insert.
Have to open the car door with the key. I thinking to go back to Toyota and see what they can do.

SANDRA-I really like walking along the beach,but yesterday it was trying to walking with & against the wind. My friend called and told me that she wasn't going to join me with the walk. I only walked 10 mins.

VICKIE-Some time we have to eat comfort foods when we feel deprived other wise we would go over board the next time we go out somewhere. I'm sure you'll be Ok at W=I. I did enjoy my walk yesterday even if it was too WINDY.I made it for 10 mins.

Have a great day,since I didn't have any brunch I going to get my Sunday Lunch ready
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #62  
focused and aiming

Gosh, ya'll! I thought I was perfect. I really messed up. Oh, well, I'm dusting off and will just pretend in my mind I did all right. That's what I have to do to keep from throwing caution to the wind and using this as an excuse to pigout till Tuesday.

Yesterday when I figured my pts for Chicken Express, I used P+ info I got for 1 chicken tender as that for 4. I didn't catch the mistake till after we ate there today with the lunch bunch.

4 CHICKEN TENDERS: 28 PTS
1 MASHED POTATOES: 3 PTS
1 BISCUIT 5 PTS
GRAVY 1 PT

So my total for yesterday is 46 pts. YIKES!! On a good note I did not eat all the potatoes or gravy.
My only difference is today I ate 3 tenders instead of 4. My total for lunch today is 39 pts! Again--YIKES!!

So now I am in the hole -1 on WPA's. I have walked the pasture and worked in the yard about 3 hours, so I have AP's and will use 1. Tomorrow is my last day of the week. I'll make it, but it's going to be very close.

Life goes on.

Last edited by ontarget; 03-13-2011 at 04:58 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Oh well, Sandra, I think you are doing a great job. At least you know where your points are. I, on the other hand, did not do so well. I have to admit, hanging out with college guys at the University of Tennessee is fun, but I was way off. Visiting with my nephew and his room mates was a hoot! The guys were very polite and nice, but boy do they act like typical college guys. We ate and drank a lot. A whole lot! I will be back to the low carb tomorrow, I hope. I'll let you know how that goes.

I have to say that I am very worried about Nancy. I hope she can post soon and let us know what is going on. Need to pray, pray, pray!

GTG since I just got home. Have a good evening, y'all!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Yes, Sloan, I'm sure that Nancy and Robin are on all of our minds, and thank you for saying so.

I've done well today, having about 1300 calories, drinking lots of water, working in the yard and feeling good.

Sandra, hang in, just like you always do. I hope you enjoyed your nap, Maryann. And, Sloan, it won't hurt you to have been a college kid again!

Last edited by Tejas; 03-13-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #65  

Thanks for thinking of me ..

I finally have good news.. They plan to take Robin off the ventilator in the morning. Or at least do a trial and then decide. They have been doing things the last few days to prepare and think he is ready.

Things have been calm since he went on the ventilator with him being heavily sedated since Wednesday. He wakes some but mostly sleeps. Today I played some of his favorite music and he tapped his fingers to the music. It is hard to do things like tie down his hands so he doesn't pull tubes and tell him he can't have water when he gestures for it.

I am holding up okay and grateful that I am only trying to care for him & eat & sleep. Just doing those 3 things is a challenge.

My oldest son turned 21 Saturday. He stayed in Boone because he was helping to guide a rafting trip. I called him at 8:47 am from the hospital he was born and he said "why so early mom" I told him it was just too cool to call him from the hospital where he was born at the exact time he was born & to be glad he wasn't a middle of the night baby.

I always seem to post late Sunday night so I may cut & paste this post tomorrow on our new pages.

If anyone facebooks just pm me ..I posted 109 pictures the other night of Robin's best photos for family & friends.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:50 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

cheers for the support girls it means alot hopefully il get my stone this week.

I hope your all well xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #67  
focused and aiming

Ems, for a good wi this week.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Quiet today...that's great news, Nancy.

My right leg/knee is giving me fits but I went to tap practice and to the gym, carefully. I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow morning about my leg. I'm sure it's something like bursitis. I did the best set of barbell chest presses ever: 70 pounds, 2 sets of 12 reps almost perfectly controlled

My eating was good, but I'm stuffed now. I just had grilled trout and lots of broccoli!

I hope you're all having a good day.

Last edited by Tejas; 03-14-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #69  

Robin is off the ventilator !!

The nurse warned me this afternoon that going back on it was a possibility
but he was doing better by afternoon so I pray that won't be necessary.

He was much weaker than I expected and still unable to turn himself in bed
or hardly lift his arm. I was hoping after the sedation wore off he would be
better but I guess it will just take time.

I feel like a bag lady carrying my sleeping bag & pillow down the hall of the hospital to find the best sofa for the night. I found a much better spot for tonight in the surgical waiting room .

I had friends that brought dinner to me at the hospital and we even had a glass of wine. They wanted to leave a flask of wine for me but I told them that would look way too bad if anyone saw it.

Pray for increase strength and improved breathing this week.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #70  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Awesome news, Nancy!!!! I'm so happy for Robin. I will definitely focus my prayers on strength and easy breathing.

I read all the messages but can't stay to catch up right now. I lost two pounds at WW yesterday. I don't think it was virgin weight yet and I don't think I can move my tracker yet since I didn't raise it when I gained. I'm going to be more honest about that in the future. Kind of doing the Suze Orman stand in my truth thing.

I've got to run since I've got a million things to do today. I'll be back.

Last edited by Vickie; 03-15-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote