Old 11-11-2010, 08:31 AM   #16  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks Chicks! We had a great day and wandered through the mall also. A bit of activity never hurts, right?

Frouf! What a delightful surprise. Please come home. We are all doing our own plans here; we just can't leave each other! It is still a wonderful place to be. I'm going through a rough patch right now but I never give up.

Today is cleaning lady and our special dinner out. Probably too much food again this week!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #17  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default second chance...??

Hey girlies - thanks for the welcome and congrats to all of you staying the course and continuing the 'battle'! You seem to all be doing pretty good yourselves!

I am stilling fighting the fight - and trying to stay focused and motivated. I was actually down to 175 (beginning of summer?) but 'stuff' happened and the weight started creeping on (or better said - the mouth kept on eating stuff it shouldn't?). Then the panic set in and the more I tried to lose those extra pounds the more stressed out I got and the more I ate (and nothing healthy of course)- a very nasty and vicious cycle.

Started reading alot (several wieght loss books - mostly 'psychological' stuff not diet/exercise cuz we are all probably experts on that already?) Resumed my strength training in Sept (at least I am doing some exercise?) and one of the nights we do 'coaching' as the instructor is a certified lifestyle coach and while I am having my own 'issues' it is interesting to hear about everyone else' challenges (certainly makes you count your blessing!). The group support is nice as well.

And the last thing I did was attend a TOPS workshop last weekend (I have been a TOPS member for over a year now)....and there was one presentation that really spoke to me - Relapse Intervention - yes we will all relapse (like a few times - think of someone continuously trying to quit smoking!) - just get back up - give yourself a 2nd (or 3rd or 4th) chance! I know it sounds simple - but I thought - I can just start over again from where I am (185) and forget about the past - what a novel idea!! And my favorite new saying is:

TRIES DON'T BECOME FAILURES UNLESS YOU STOP TRYING! (and we should be learning and improving as we progress).

I also just started using a new food/exercise tracking website which I really like: www.loseit.com - you might wish to try it out if you are tracking calories.

Maybe I will change my 'numbers' to reflect my new status and goals?

And yes another crusie in my very near future (altho it still seems a long way off!) - surely a good motivator - but I have to stop stressing about that too - I will not be at my goal by then but that's okay - slow and steady wins the race!

Hugs to everyone!

Last edited by Froufy; 11-11-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #18  
focused and aiming

Froufie, what a treat having you back! I was a TOPS member when we lived in Montana. I really got a lot out of the meetings. As they say in TOPS, "We're glad you're here."

Vickie, we're taking the grands out to dinner this evening. I'll prob eat too much, too. But we're doing better and better all the time. I really believe that. We've come a long way from where we used to be.

I got my nail done this morning. Now I'm resting after lunch (meat sauce/whole wheat spaghetti) before going to get the grands. Have a great afternoon, everyone.

Last edited by ontarget; 11-11-2010 at 02:50 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon, chickies! I've had a pretty routine day today. The weather is gorgeous. 80 degrees here in Nashville, Tn! Awesome!

Sandra, I forgot to say how excited I am that you will be in the high school play. I'll bet you have a blast!

Rhonda, are you feeling better? I hope so.

Froufie, I like your quote! Sounds like you have the right attitude.

Vickie, I'm glad you had a romantic anniversary!

Nancy, how's it going? I've been op since Monday. Hope I can keep that up!

I wanted to share two pics with y'all. The coffee cup picture is my last painting. The demon possessed dog is Pippi. When I got home, she had been "knitting". Sorry the pic is so blurry, but isn't she smart?

GTG grade some papers. TTFN
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coffee cup.jpg (24.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg pippi knits.jpg (23.2 KB, 9 views)
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #20  

Height: 5'4"

Nice to meet you froufy...I love the quote too
Vickie...Happy anniversary..We are 1 year away from our 10th.
Sandra..I like your role in the play..That would be fun
Sloan..Love the paintings..Do you keep your paintings or sell them??
The coffee one brings to mind a lazy relaxing morning to me ..

I gave in to a craving today but not too much damage to my calorie count I think. I am going to start writing all my food down each day.

I got a haircut that I really like today. It is a chin length bob with long sideswept bangs and a few long layers at the bottom to make it lay nice.
I haven't liked my hair in years so getting a good cut made my day.
A year ago I splurged on an expensive cut and it was awful.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, the paintings I have done have been gifts for my sister or are hanging in my house. I am really just getting started, so maybe someday I will offer some for sale, but right now I'm just having fun. Sorry about your slip up today, but you know how to handle it, and you'll be just fine. Your haircut sounds really cute. You should post a pic of the "new you".
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I love the paintings. You're very talented.

Nancy, your haircut sounds cute. Don't worry about the slip. Sloan's right. You know what to do.

I justgot home from keeping the grands. We had a good time, got their homework done, and were ready for Mom when she got there. MeMaw's tired.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #23  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Thanks for the welcome Everyone!

Missed you too! Hey Sandra - how's the 'shooting' going? Hope you are still enjoying it and winning all those competitions! Also got my toes/nails done today - but no polish - giving it a 'rest' just buffing polishing pedicure and manicure (awaiting some sort of new shellac/nail polish product which I will be trying out in a few weeks!).

Speaking of eating too much - was very hungry last night - and ate over my calories that's for sure - so do I go back and log it all in (and gasp!)....or just start a new day today? (I guess I would not have the 'proper' stats at the end of the week if I ignore the binge?)... Trying to stay more in control today - but had the day off (stat holiday for gov/banks - remembrance day) and I also took tomorrow of for a wonderfully long 4 day weekend (where a lot of damage can be done! )

So out shopping today - got myself a couple pairs of 'discounted' earrings, a new michael buble cd (can you hear me humming?), some clothes for little ds (now 12 and as tall as me - which isn't saying too much as I am barely 5'1), and presents for dd (turning 19 in a couple of weeks - please note only chronologically....).

And the new rule is NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT YOUR 'SNACK BAG' - yes also learned this at the TOPS workshop - great idea. Packed myself some pecans, a banana and 1 oz of cheese and water bottle. This was kinda my lunch - had a coffee at starbucks, and an early dinner around 4:30 pm (yes I was too hungry when I got home which is not very good!). Steak, beans, spaghetti squash!

I shall now go and try to enter my stuff at loseit.com!

...and as for the quote - I was at a women's conference a couple years ago - and this 'concept' was introduced. One never ever ever ever needs to feel inferior to anyone else or think someone else is better than you. You need to understand and believe that when that sperm and egg met a very special and unique person was created - there is no one in the world like you! You have special qualities, assets, features that no one else could possibly have - you are SPECIAL and should always remember that wherever you go and whatever you do!

Last edited by Froufy; 11-11-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:10 PM   #24  

froufy..
I like the rule about always having your snack bag...
I mess up the most often when I am out & about and get hungry.
If I always take a cheese stick,fruit, 100 calories of nuts, or a yogurt
then I can prevent eating something bad because I was starved.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:27 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Hi everybody:

Today I began to feel better, so I think it's over. I've read all the posts through.

Froufy, I'm soooooo glad to hear from you again. Such fun!

Sloan, beautiful work. I can't remember if I posted my second stained glass piece or not. I've been making some necklaces and earrings while I've been sick and the art gallery where I've been taking lessons is going to try to sell some this weekend at an exhibition. They're not particularly creative, but they're not bad for a total beginner. And, the puppy has a lot of potential, I'm sure.

Vickie, I'm glad that you had a nice anniversary. Ours is on Thanksgiving Day and I think we're going to go out for a fancy brunch and have the family meal later on the weekend.

Time to get back to the gym.

'night all
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:54 AM   #26  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Ho! Well I'm up today, but not about. The arm swelling is going down and I don't fall over anymore when I stand up... I don't know about you but I hate feeling drunk when I haven't had a drop. What happened was, that unbeknown to me, I was brewing a flu bug when I had my flu shot and had a rotten reaction. There's a silver lining to every cloud, I feel as if I have lost some of the weight gain. I hope I can get up and stay up after lunch.

Forgot to say Sloanie When we married in 1975 we had a miniature Yorkshire Terrier called Pip. Whenever we went to see mum, she (Pip) got in mum's knitting wool and we regularly had to cut her out! Your photo brought back some happy memories

Last edited by jojo23; 11-12-2010 at 04:02 AM.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #27  
focused and aiming

Froufy, that's a good idea about having a snack bag. I went shopping today w/o having bfast and got too hungry. A lady was giving sausage samples, so I had a couple. That held me over till I got home. (Could have been better but definitely could have been worse.) Yep, we're still flinging arrows. I have 10 National Titles now. I'm also spending a lot of time substitute teaching and am having a blast. Did you know we moved to Texas? We're back where I grew up and did all my teaching in my other life.

Rhonda, I'm glad you're back to normal. Good success with selling your jewelry.

JoJo, glad you're feeling better, too. That'll be good if you lost. I'd take it for sure if I were you.

We shoot a small tournament tomorrow morning. After that--just resting/church the rest of the weekend.

Have a good evening.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:19 AM   #28  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Just a little post to let you know I ok,just very busy to get things ready for my move downstairs.

Had a lot to do yesterday. Had my chest of drawers cleaned out in the spare room so my clothes[tops,under garments socks] can go in.Now I have to decided where I will hang my coats & jackets as I have to put my outfits in the closet.My friend told me to buy one those coat racks and put on the basement landing.

Can't believe all this moving stuff around just for knee surgery. Don't like change, just getting over last year and now me this year.Hope this doesn't stress me out.Met with my friend Mary for pizza yesterday and she has a terrible time of her DH passing. Told her it gets better with time.She decided to cancel the Van Trapp trip saying that she wouldn't be good company for me,just as well, my doctor said at time I have to go in for blood work and pre-testing for the surgery.So it all worked out fine. I got my tickets & now I have to start deciding what clothes I will pack for the trip. How do you walk with a cane and have a tote & small suitcase????? [cane in right hand,and the tote over my left shoulder and pulling the suit case with my left hand,I suppose]

Going to close,I want to get to the cemetery before I start my day chores.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #29  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I've a busy day today and tomorrow since I need to empty everything out of my huge entertainment center so that the furniture can be moved for wall-to-wall carpet installation. I'm telling you that was the most expensive cup of coffee ever!

I'm feeling stronger in the motivation department but I am getting heartily sick of the Jenny Craig food. It may be time for a break but I'm kind of afraid to do it at the holiday time. I think it is nearly time to go back to WW and start cooking again.

Good Luck, Sandra, at your tournament.

Nancy, let's see a photo!

Rhonda, Sloan, JoJo, Mary Ann, hope you are all feeling at least a bit better this morning.

Frouf, it is so good to see you here. I use www.sparkpeople.com. I need to be better about the snack bag as we all know the disaster that strikes when we get over hungry. I'm listening to Christmas music to try to get into the mood of the holidays. I'm not there yet.......

Have a great on program day.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:54 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 256/ticker/240

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach bum View Post
Hi Ladies
Have a doctor appointment tomorrow morning at 11:20.Looked on the computer for a web site that would tell me something about the torn meniscus. The only treatment I found was surgery,couldn't find any information on the Synvisc injections.

I had Meniscus surgery about 20 years ago. It was the strangest way it happened. I was sitting in a chair talking on the phone. My leg was thrown over the arm and when I lifted my leg. Something just popped. I couldn't get off the floor. Ambulance, hospital... long story short I had a complete bucket tear and they took my meniscus out.

If you want more info on what I remember feel free to PM me.

To the present day. I just came from the Dr. Yesterday about this same knee because of arthritis. I will eventually need knee replacement but I'm having feet issues so it's complicated.

I asked about Synvisc injections yesterday because my primary Dr told me about it. My orthopedic Dr said my arthritis is to far gone for that. Synvisc injections is basically a lubricant. They had brochures about it in my Dr.s office. Here is the link to the website http://www.synviscone.com/
2feelbetter is offline   Reply With Quote