Old 07-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chicks, it is cool here this morning, so I planted my roses this morning. I haven't had roses in a long time, so we'll see how it goes. I planted knockout roses because they are supposed to be hardy! I will be working on house stuff again today, so I will be listening to a book

Vickie, I forgot that you could buy books from iTunes. I have my audible account set up to download books to the iTunes account on my computer. I'm glad you got good news from your nephrologist. Hopefully you will be able to keep your kidney problem from progressing. Also, congrats on your weight loss. I know it must be awesome to be in "virgin territory". How's Brody?

Maryann, I'm glad you got a better night's sleep. I have a sleep # bed, too. I love it.

DH is at the hospital this morning. His mom told us yesterday that she was ready to go and was asking for family members that had already died. In my nursing experience those are bad signs. We just don't want her to suffer. I don't ever want to experience the breathing problems that she is having. She looks so pitiful

I'm off to do my chores and will keep you posted about my MIL. Have a great day, chickies!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #32  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sloan, hugs to you and your family. This is a tough time for sure. Thanks for thinking of me with all you are going through. Don't work too hard.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:22 PM   #33  
focused and aiming

Sloan
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Sorry to hear this news, Sloan. Hugs to you and yours.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #35  

Hey chicks, I spent the afternoon at the hospital with DH. His mom's kidneys have failed, and she is unresponsive. They assured us she is in no pain and will probably go very peacefully. It is so hard to believe that three weeks ago we buried my dad, and now we are planning another funeral!

We agreed with DH's brother that we all needed to come home to rest, so that is what we are doing. I'll check in when I have time tomorrow. TTFN
Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #36  

Sloan...
I am so sorry that you are having to face this ... It almost seems to much for anyone to handle at one time.. How is your DH holding up through this ??
It will be a challenge with with both of you grieving over lost parents.
And your poor kids losing 2 grandparents so close...
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:24 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I am so sorry.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Awful, Sloan. I do hope you can all rest.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:04 AM   #39  

I have been trying to figure out how to get FREE books on my ipod and I think I figured it out. Our library has tons of books on CD. I just read an article about how to put those on my computer and then on my ipod to listen to.
It said if I am doing it for a one time private listening then it is not a copyright violation.
Can't wait to try this out.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #40  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

My friend & I did touristy things yesterday.Went down to the town and brows around at the farmer market,today they having a book sale.Tomorrow we are going to the beach and than on Sunday I having a BBQ and than to my friend's house for the fireworks. So I'm not going to checking in every day.

Have a MRI scheduled early Monday morning for my pain in the neck. Hopefully they find what's causing it,as I can't continue using pills day in and out to relieve the pain.Otherwise nothing else is new.

Have to go,don't know if I'll be posting over the weekend if I don't wishing your all ah happy 4 th of July weekend.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:29 AM   #41  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I intend to swim today and tomorrow. Not sure about Sunday yet. Maybe I'll swim before we go the BBQ.

Nancy, I don't know about the copyright violation, but it is easy. You burn them onto your hard drive and then copy to the iPod. Same as putting on pictures from a CD.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:54 AM   #42  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I hope you get some relief soon. Touristy things sounds like fun to me. I'm glad you and your friend got out and had some fun.

We're still getting rain. Everything is green and healthy-looking--even the weeds. We're going to hire someone to weed the flowerbeds. Life is good.

Sloan, I'm thinking of you.

I'm OP.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #43  
Southside White Sox Fan

Did I mention that the classics are free on iTunes with an iPad book reader? How cool is that? Jim has Little Women on his iPad for me to read.

Of course, all books are free from the library. I'm a big supporter of my local library. Mine now has CD's and DVD's and will get me a book on loan from another library. That's how I take advantage of my local property taxes.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #44  

Hey chicks, my MIL died last night, and DH and I have been running around all day with funeral and lawyer stuff. The arrangements are very simple. No visitation, no service, only a small gathering at the graveside with a few short scriptures and a prayer (these were her wishes). I guess next week we'll be cleaning out her things from her house. Will it ever end?

I also think I can acutally feel myself getting fat. Eating fast food on the run is not good. Hopefully things will settle down soon.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. I'll check in later.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #45  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh NO, Sloan! I'm so sorry for you and your family. Please give my condolences to your DH.

Try not to worry about the food too much. You will get back on track when this all comes to an end. And....it will end.