Old 07-02-2010, 08:39 PM   #46  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I echo what Vickie said. And remember to take care of yourself.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Oh Sloan, how awful. You take care of yourself and those you love.

Don't worry about food or weight or anything else. There's time for that later.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #48  

Sloan..so sorry !!!!
You must be so exhausted...
Be sure to let people help you
that ask what they can do...
I always have trouble with that..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #49  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sloan, Nancy is right. Let folks help if they offer. Nancy, I got over my reluctance to let people help me by thinking about how sincere I am when I offer to help others. I figure that if they are offering, they are prepared for the person to accept. So if it's a close friend or relative, I accept!

I've got two dishes to make for the BBQ tomorrow and then I'll be in the pool all afternoon. The temp will be near 90 and the pool temperature is nearly as high. Perfect for me. I'm making WW Chocolate Eclair Cake (everyone's favorite) and my Mom's Cream Cheese jello mold. The jello mold is not healthy but everyone loves it and it makes us feel as if Mom is there. Sometimes, you just need that.

I hope you'll all be surrounded by great friends and family this weekend and that you have a safe and happy Fourth. Good Luck to Sandra and Curtis.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:47 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chicks, I really love y'all! Your words of encouragement are very important to me. It's funny, we are not distraught but are very overwhelmed and tired.

I heard something several years ago that I am trying to take to heart. I'm not sure who said this, but it really makes sense if you are a Christian: If we are called to emulate Jesus and serve others, how can we do that if the person we want to serve refuses us? In essence, when we refuse to let someone serve us, we are taking away their opportunity to do what they are called to do!

I'll try to check in later. Have a great day, y'all
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #51  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, that's a beautiful way of trying to express what I meant! Also to believe peoples offers of assistance are pure and from their hearts.

I'm glad you are all doing as well as could be expected. Overwhelmed and tired makes sense to me given what you have all been through.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #52  

Good points about accepting help.. I am better about it than I used to be.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #53  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Along with my shoulder my hip went out on me also and I had a Charlie horse on my right leg on top of that.Didn't get any sleep until 5 in the morning and got up just now at 10. I was so upset as I had a Mass [8AM]for Leo's names day and in the German heritage that's more important than the birthdays. I over slept for that,but I'm going to try to get out to the cemetery,before I see my friend for today's activities.[going to the beach,sitting on beach chairs by the shore and get our feet wet]

SANDRA-Thanks,Hope the find whats the problem with this pain and Hope they can fix it. We haven't had any rain in while have to water my plants every day. The grass is turning brown.

SLOAN-OH!!! Your poor thing losing your father and your MIL in a few short weeks I'm so sorry,going to pray that your and you DH will find peace though all this. I know its a shock,but please keep in mind that the Lord is with you at this time and you just have to have strong faith,he will bless you and your lives must go on and forward.

Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend I going to be with my friend Alice today & tomorrow.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #54  

Remember the lesson of feet being washed. You have to let someone serve you. That's your gift to them also.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:07 PM   #55  

Good point, Rhonda, allowing someone to serve you IS your gift to them. We have had a really good day. Lots of family and friends at the service. DH was very happy with how everything turned out. We are at my sister's house for dinner. It is so comforting to be surrounded by loving family. Thanks again to each of you for your kind words.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #56  
focused and aiming

Good points on accepting offered help. I need to get better at doing so, too.

We're home from the family reunion. We had a blast and guess what? I'm op!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:42 AM   #57  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I feel happy that all of you are doing well.

Happy Fourth!

I'm going to the BBQ today and will try to manage my portions. My stomach does it for me now if I pay attention to it. I try to always remember my Core principles. My scale is up this morning, which is kind of weird. It always seems to be up after a long pool session. Maybe my muscles retain water all over my body. It's definitely the most exercise I get all over my whole body. It's different than walking.

Sandra, you're awesome!
Old 07-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #58  

Happy July 4th!

Old 07-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #59  

Happy Independence Day! I hope all of you have something fun planned. We will be at my brother's house for swimming and ribs. I am looking forward to that!

I need some advice. Tomorrow I plan to start working out with DS's bowflex and losing this weight that I have gained. I have considered several ways to tackle the food, but am not sure what I want to do. I lean toward core 'cause it is the least restrictive, but I also know that being more strict with eating will give quicker results. Do y'all think I should start with core or jump in head first with something more controlled? Let me know what you think.

I'll check in later. Don't eat too much! TTFN
Old 07-04-2010, 03:21 PM   #60  

Sloan..I am trying to decide what to do also.
I haven't made good choices the last 3 days and gained 1 pound back.
I want to get to 140 before I take a short break and maintain a few weeks.
Then I want to try for 5 more pounds.

Tonight a friend is taking me out for a late birthday dinner and I am going with
her and her mom to the fireworks. These ladies are such dear friends and so much fun that I am really looking forward to it. Robin is glad he is off the hook for the fireworks because he hates the crowds and all.

I think for me I am going to do the South Beach strict 1 phase till I hit 140 , then core to maintain for awhile.

Lately it seems I eat really good or really bad with no in between.