Old 12-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #16  
focused and aiming

Sloan, I love the avatar.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #17  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I've been SO busy but happy. Jim is out running a few last minute errands right now because the weather is supposed to be getting quite nasty later. The worst scenario of freezing rain and snow. I'd honestly rather have just snow. We still don't know how bad tomorrow and Christmas day will be. So far they are predicting just rain on Christmas day. That would be great with me. I don't need snow for Christmas. We'll have plenty in January and February.

My house got cleaned yesterday and we won't have any company until tomorrow. Jim and I will just be relaxing today once he gets home and after I get done on the treadmill.

Sloan, have a great trip.

Mary Ann, we'll miss you while you are gone. Hope you get to check in but most of all hope you enjoy being in the healing arms of your family. It is truly right where you need to be right now.

Paula, hope you are enjoying yourself!

Rhonda and Sandra, enjoy being with your families and I hope to be able to check in with you both in the next couple of days. What are your plans?

Talk to you all later.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chicks! It's gonna be crazy busy today DDand I have been knitting house slippers for my parents, and I still have to finish the pair that I am working on. After that, more of the same from yesterday,and then tonight we will celebrate my parents' 57th wedding anniversary. I've got to get going, so I'm gonna get off here. I hope you all have a wonderful, not too busy, day!

Last edited by sloanie; 12-23-2009 at 09:48 AM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wow! 57 years. How awesome is that?! Have a great time.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

57 years is great. My parents had 54 before my Daddy died, and my sister and her husband had the same before my BIL died.

I was out for breakfast at 6:30 AM and shopping within the hour. Now, I'm going to nap before going out again to buy recliners for the family room.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #21  
Southside White Sox Fan

We are having an ice storm. No more "outs" for us today. We are hoping to be able to get out for breakfast tomorrow but we'll see.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #22  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, you sound really busy. But you also sound like you're feeling better. That's good.

Vickie, we're expecting cold weather, too. We may get snow, but looks like Rhonda has a better shot at it than we do. Right now the sun is shining.

Sloan, have fun.

We are celebrating tonight. After that we will just be staying in warm and cozy.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #23  

Nope, no snow expected here..just rain.

I bought the recliners and chose a sofa and recliner for the LR. Whoa...lots of shopping. We went to Lazyboy for all of this and had a great time.

I'm unpacking boxes and getting ready for family to come on Christmas.

By the way, I'm feeling much better, and enjoying the hot tub.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:05 PM   #24  
Southside White Sox Fan

We are having an ice storm. Hope it's melted by morning so it doesn't screw up my plans.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #25  

Hey chicks! The dinner was nice with good food and family. After that, DH and I went shopping for a few stocking stuffers. We will continue the laundry, Christmas prep, and packing tomorrow. The countdown is on!

Rhonda, I'm glad you're feeling better. What does your new furniture look like? I'll bet you are having a blast decorating your new home! BTW the hot tub sounds wonderful!

Vickie, be careful in the ice.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 11:12 PM   #26  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, sounds like you're getting a lot done. Enjoy the hot tub.

Vickie, be safe.

Sloan, you be safe, too.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:29 AM   #27  
Southside White Sox Fan

Merry Almost Christmas Chicks! I'm off to the treadmill and then out to breakfast and it isn't JC! Woo Hoo! The streets look dicey but we won't be ready to go for a while yet.

What are you all doing today and tomorrow?
Old 12-24-2009, 11:46 AM   #28  

Up at 7:00 for breakfast with the family at Cracker Barrell then home for more laundry. Will it ever end? Later, I have to go to the store to pick up a few last minute things. Tonight, we will have an extended family party with about 60 or 70 people then a more intimate gathering at my sister's house. We won't leave tomorrow until after lunch then will drive until supper time. That will put us about half way to Orlando, then we will go the rest of the way on the 26th. Magic Kingdom stays open until midnight on the 26th, so we will start there. We are getting more excited by the minute!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a safe and happy new year celebration!!!!
Old 12-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #29  
Southside White Sox Fan

Have a wonderful and safe trip, Sloan!
Old 12-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #30  

Have a safe and fun time, Sloan. We'll be awaiting a detailed report.

Well, it IS snowing. I don't think it will stick, but big flakes are falling now.

I went to my new gym today for what I thought would be an aerobics class, but it was Pilates instead. Now, Pilates is harder than jumping around but I did well. I will need the hot tub.

The chimney sweep is here, checking our chimney. DH is out getting a haircut and when he returns I'm going to my niece's house. Her father is my brother and there is a sad past between us. She said that if he left the party, she didn't care at all. We'll see what happens. My brother has not been a nice person most of his life, and it is complicated by mental health issues.

I may buy the pies for tomorrow. I've still got New Year's to show off my crust making skills

Have a great day everyone.

Rhonda