Default Weekly Chat: June 22-June 28

NEW PAGES!!!

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone...

Off to spinning. BBL

Sloanie posted late last night; you might want to catch up.

I regained my touch with chicken fried steak; I made it again last night because I couldn't stand the way it tasted the night before. But, I didn't eat any, just tasted it and the gravy to see if I had improved!

Rhonda
Old 06-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Real frustrating day for me today,Woke up to a another gloomy & rainy day,and than the scale showed me a maintain instead of a loss,all made it the beginning of not such a nice birthday for me.

We going to the Clam Shack and we're having FRIED Clams & Fries with a chocolate danish for dessert. Than tomorrow, I'm dropping my calorie count from 1500 to 1200 calories per day.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up today.

SANDRA & SLOAN-Leo like the mug and the candy that was in side.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #4  

Hi Everyone
Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
I think the storms have past for a few days now.
So maybe I can get caught up on everyone.
I have to run and do a couple of things for son today.
Go to the store and pick up a couple of things.
Go to WW. Sure hope the scales are better today.
Well I can say I have one of the best sons in the world. On Saturday. He went and bought me a laptop. So know once I figure out how to use it. And get it set up for the wireless internet. I will be able to keep up with you girls when I am away from home. He knew I missed getting on here with you. I was so surprised when he came in with it. So I have to be good to him. So a couple of days this week. He needs some things done. That he cant get done with his work schedule. One thing will be taking his truck and getting it inspected for him. I dont like to drive his big truck. I dont mind the small one. Oh well. What are Mom's for.
Well I better get off here.
Need to get a load of towels done before we leave.
So will be back sometime tomorrow.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:59 AM   #5  

BEACHBUM
Hope you have a great day.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Maryann!!!

On core so far! I've had banana and p'nut butter with light bread (3wpa) and coffee for breakfast. Just finished an early lunch of polenta, grilled pork chop, black beans, and onions with salsa and ff sour cream which was yummy. Not sure about supper, yet. We have lots of work to do today, so I've got to go get busy. BBL
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #7  
Donna

Happy Monday Everyone,

MaryAnn - Happy Birthday! Enjoy yourself

Paula - 3.5 lbs congratulations

Sloan - Sounds like you had a fun if off program weekend. Sometimes life just gets in the way of our best intentions. Congrats on getting back on program. Also about your popcorn thing, you don't need a popper for in the microwave, as long as you have a rotating bottom (I don't know what they're called we don't have one) you can put popcorn in a brown paper lunch bag, fold over the top and staple it with 2 (they won't spark trust me), lay it in the microwave and heat for 2-4 min. Alton brown made it on his show years ago (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html) In this recipe he uses oil but in his cookbook he said that wasn't necessary but you need the rotating thingy....

Coco - How sweet of your son.

Sandra, Rhonda & Vicki - Sounds like you're having fun and staying busy.

This weekend turned out kind of crazy for me too. The in-laws begged off Fri and came Saturday instead and after all the shopping etc I didn't feel like cooking so we ordered in pizza Then Sat we went to the car show and I wore a halter for the first time this year, you would think at 40+ I'd remember sunscreen the first bare shoulders of the season, yea not so much so I was pretty pink when we got home. Made a new grilled chicken recipe for the in-laws it was really good and pretty easy, so I was happy. Then Sunday I made strawberry & strawberry-rhubarb pies to take to my folks for fathers day. It was fun.

Well today I started back on program for the umpteen zillionth time. Unfortunately I forgot to weigh myself this morning, but I did weigh myself on Sat. so I'm going to use that as my starting weight. Happily I was the same as before we left on vacation, so that was good. I also took the dog for his walk this morning before I went to PT to try to get it in before it got too hot. But I didn't feel like cooking at lunch so I had l/o pizza from Fri but I also had a salad and fruit rather than just pizza so I'm not totally upset with myself. My goal for this week is to start tracking and being accountable once again; walk every morning; drink more water less diet pop (soda whatever); limit the wine intake to 2-3 times this week (this could be hard as I'm pmsing big time).

Well, I should get moving. I picked up some flowers to plant and knitting is tonight so I need to get it done soon.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
TechAlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #8  

Hi All:

Maryann...enjoy those FRIED clams and CHOCOLATE!!!

Coco, what a sweet son. We will all be extra nice to him this week. Send some of his laundry to us, we'll get it done, and ship it back! Oh wait, dirty laundry can't be sent across the border (new rule ...if you believe that, I have some land in Florida.....).

I'm writing from work. I've done well today in both eating and If I can contain myself to having only salad tonight, I'll be really happy with the day.

Well, Donna, welcome back OP for the umpteen zillionth time...better than not at all, for sure.

Tomorrow morning my spinning buddy and I are going to start walking on the beach front on the mornings we don't spin. Lake Ontario is a 7- minute drive from my house and I almost never go there. Shame on me. So, this summer I'll be there, and maybe get it out of my system.

BBL

Rhonda
Old 06-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Happy Birthday, Maryann!! :bday:

Rhonda, kudos, my friend. I am impressed you didn't eat the cf steak.

Sloan, your weekend sounds like it was fun. I think we need our off program days to make us appreciate our on program days. (Sounds good, anyway)

Donna, I think I've restarted at least one more time than you. At least we don't give up.

Coco, your son is a sweetie. You're going to enjoy your new laptop.

I'm op today. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:44 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its going to be another gloomy day so that lets the beach out. Have to rely on my bike or walking DVD's for the rest of the week.

W-I was terrible but it got worse[171] after eating those fried clams and fries.Have to go on a very strict plan so I'm going to go down a notch on my calorie counting of 1100 -1200 which is 22pts-24pts .

Thanks for your birthday wishes you are the greatest ladies around.

COCO-That nice of your son to get you a lap top.MY DD & DS have one but we have the reg computer. Never drove a truck, period and wouldn't know the first thing to start it and than switching gears is another story,good you you hat your learned.

SLOANE-Your lunch lookers yummy with pork and black beans. In the WW Short Cut cookbook they have a recipe that I use all the time its called PORK WITH BAKED BEANS SUCCOTASH is not a core recipe but is only 6 pts. I guess if a different bean was used it would be core.

DONNA-I would have done the same thing if the plans were canceled for the next day. Sorry about your pretty pink shoulders. We use a ALOE VERA gel by Fruit of the Earth moisture for sunburns,minor burns,insect bites,chafing & dry skin.We leave it close to the stove as I'm always burning myself and it cools within seconds of the gel touches the skin.

RHONDA-So Jealous that your able to walk along the beach,wish we could also,but not with the rain & wind howling around us.

SANDRA-Hi I'm back on the program also,hope I don't stumble and fall off the tracks again.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #11  

Good Morning:

Don't be too jealous Maryann; we're in the second day of a garbage strike (and all city outside workers and city daycare). The place was already a mess from the weekend. I hate, and I do mean hate, littering. Why anyone thinks it is OK to throw their garbage around is totally beyond my comprehension. NO, wait, I comprehend it, I just HATE it. Now that my complaining is out of the way, I can say that I did have a good time with my friend.

I lost .2 pounds, and I'll take it, given all the partying I did last week. This week I have only two parties so it will be easier to not go crazy.

The raccoons were back. I would post a picture, but I don't see how to do it...can anybody instruct me?

OK, I'm off to the office.

BBL,
Rhonda
Old 06-23-2009, 09:56 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Its going to be another gloomy day so that lets the beach out. Have to rely on my bike or walking DVD's for the rest of the week.

W-I was terrible but it got worse[171] after eating those fried clams and fries.Have to go on a very strict plan so I'm going to go down a notch on my calorie counting of 1100 -1200 which is 22pts-24pts .

Thanks for your birthday wishes you are the greatest ladies around.

COCO-That nice of your son to get you a lap top.MY DD & DS have one but we have the reg computer. Never drove a truck, period and wouldn't know the first thing to start it and than switching gears is another story,good you you hat your learned.

SLOANE-Your lunch lookers yummy with pork and black beans. In the WW Short Cut cookbook they have a recipe that I use all the time its called PORK WITH BAKED BEANS SUCCOTASH is not a core recipe but is only 6 pts. I guess if a different bean was used it would be core.

DONNA-I would have done the same thing if the plans were canceled for the next day. Sorry about your pretty pink shoulders. We use a ALOE VERA gel by Fruit of the Earth moisture for sunburns,minor burns,insect bites,chafing & dry skin.We leave it close to the stove as I'm always burning myself and it cools within seconds of the gel touches the skin.

RHONDA-So Jealous that your able to walk along the beach,wish we could also,but not with the rain & wind howling around us.

SANDRA-Hi I'm back on the program also,hope I don't stumble and fall off the tracks again.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chickies!

I stayed op all day yesterday! Certainly an accomplishment if you look at my recent track record. We did a lot of work yesterday. We had to take up a portion of the floor in our bonus room, so we got that started. DS and I painted the baseboards in my bedroom. We have projects all over the house, and it really gets to me sometimes. My kitchen "stuff" is in the dining room, my bedroom is empty and all of that furniture is in the living room, I have only the shower working in my master bath, and we can't find anything
The plan for today is to remove the carpet from another bedroom and start painting the trim in there. After painting the baseboards yesterday, my arthritic hip was killing me, so DS will have to do that part today. Sorry I'm whining. I'll stop now.

Rhonda-trash everywhere sounds yukky, but walking by the lake sounds awesome. Congrats on the .2

Sandra-Congrats on staying op. Lets do it again today!!!

Coco-I'm sending a hug to your DS. He is awesome!

Maryann-Sorry about your gloomies. We keep having small storms here, but then the sun comes out. The problem is that when the sun does come back out, the humidity is awful. When I took Pippi out to potty this morning, my glasses fogged up!!

Donna-I think we have all started over a gazillion times; the fact that we keep coming back is the important part. Sounds like you had a busy weekend, so now it's time to focus on you.

Hey Vickie and Paula !!

Have a great day, y'all. BBL

Last edited by sloanie; 06-23-2009 at 10:18 AM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #14  

Hi There
Just a quick stop by.
Lost 2 lbs last night. Still up about 5 lbs. So have to work on that.
Still havent figured out the new laptop. But neighbor said he will help me.
So now to get with him.
Washing up sons work clothes today. Didnt get them done yesterday. Did get the towels and the guys good jeans done.
Well got to go. But will be back later.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. Its been a busy couple of days. Ran errands with my mom yesterday am (she can't drive for a couple weeks) and then took dd on errands afterward. We left our house at 9 and got home at 2 -- lots of in and out of the car in the rain. Today took DD to The Museum of Science in Boston. It was a lot of fun - tons of walking. She had a ball. My eating is OK, not 100% but I'm making healthy choices and keeping up with my water.

Coco - glad your scale is moving down. I hope it keeps going that way!
Slaon - we are also doing a bit of remodeling. Well, DH is doing it. The baseboards are getting done today and the closet doors are on. I think tomorrow afternoon, I'll go order our new rug. I'm hopeful in a couple of weeks we should be able to move back in. DH is on a roll, I think he wants it done as well. He is also doing our new shed/entry way.
Maryann -- Happy Birthday! I getting tired of this weather as well! Being off with DD this week has been a planning challenge. We were hoping to get to the beach (we go to Scusset Beach in Sagamore - its on the Plymouth side of the Sagamore Bridge) but I'm not sure if Thursday or Friday will be a good day or not. I know tomorow is out. Oh well. Hope you are getting in your exercise.
Rhonda - congrats on your loss. Any bit down counts.
Vickie - how is Sara? Hope things are going well.

Hi Sandra and Donna!

Well, off to start dinner. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote